Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

+5
pteadams2002
OldZipperhead
Brasidas
bigrex
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions - Page 3 Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

Post by VetWife Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:44

wait, I just found another letter this one says you are eligible to receive an ELB until 65 but no financial worksheet

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions - Page 3 Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefits and the Clawback of VAC Disability Pensions

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:37

when I asked VAC Kirland lake, they said no without losing a breath. Is that the official quick answer hoping i'd go away?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:30

Also , once he is approved for the ELB, call the department and see if he can get the ELB backdated to his original application, since He shouldn't have been denied in the first place.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:26

One way to tell is if you can find the financial worksheet for when he got the PIA. It should say on it whether or not he is eligible for (approved) the ELB, but not receiving any money, as well as the end date on it I know, I'm looking at my old worksheet right now and it says the I am eligible for the Extended ELB until 2036, but the amount payable is $0.00. There is a difference between not benefiting from a program and not being eligible, and sometimes it can be confusing, even for VAC staff. If he truly was denied because of the amount of his DVA pension, simply re-apply. It only takes a couple of weeks fro approval, maybe even less since he is already approved for the rehab program and PIA.

And yes, you can receive PIA and supp, as well as the EELB, and the PIA doesn't stop at 65.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:14

Any input I can get before I call VAC/SISIP is greatly appreciated becuase I am not kidding when I say that I have never gotten the same answer twice from any of them. I get confused and his VAC CM is pretty much an A**. If he never has to deal woth SISIP again my husband would be very happy, they almost pushed him completely over the edge back in 2006.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:10

I guess my question is this. Can one receive PIA/supplement as well as EELB?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:08

How come he is not zero sum? We didn;t want to keep getting overpayment notices so we said stop, he would have been "zeroed" had we not done that, he just couldn;t handle VAC not having their crap together ans doling his pensions out little by little. All I was told by VAC was that he had income in excess which cold only mean his VAC as he's got no other income. He was in the rehab program and then was switched to PIA/TPI in June which is the same time he was denied the ELB. Is the perm impairment allowance and supplement deducted from ELB and SISIP?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 23:00

You need to talk to sisip , but your husband was not zero sum, so his payments wont start, actually you better contact sisip and see what they have in his file and what was done. He was denied ELB because of his income, what income, employment income, or VAC pension because the clawback of VAC pension has stopped . Sometimes VAc does not give the correct info for ELB, You first have to apply for the REHAB program, once in Rehab, you apply for ELB, if you are declared tpi , then you get EELB which is to 65. You need to start calling and checking out this info and dont always accept what they say

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:53

i need to undestand this, my husband was denied ELB in june 2012 as is income in excess, he is however getting the PIA and the supplement as well as VAC pension. We asked SISSIP to stop paying back in 2006 because when he released it took so long with for VAC to get his disability applications in order and every time we turned around they were sending us letters telling us he was in overpayment and he couldn;t handle that stress so we lived on my earnings plus his army pension and credit. My husband is the old pension rules for approx 80% and rec'd a paltry lump sum for the other 20%. under the new veterans charter. Do you think the fact that we asked SISIP to stop paying because we kept getting little bits here and there from VAC will affect any of this?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:47

That's great Grosgig! I'm happy to see that people are getting their notifications!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:38

pteadams I'm not sure of your specific case of course. I'm not sure how to help you except to say contact the ombudsman. I wish there was something I could say or do.

I have not had any resistance or negative responses from VAC about my rehab program. I told them my plan. They agreed to it. And they paid for it.

It should be the same standard across the board for all of us. I also have a wonderful area councillor who I have been working with for 8 years who has been instrumental in my recovery.

Maybe you could ask for a new area councillor. One that will go to bat for you.

Good luck and soldier on. Don't let the system beat you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:27

I received mine yesterday and they put the new calculation sheet with it. I'm sure you will receive yours very soon.

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:01

Sitrep; I'm still paying for my college program. It took over 2 years to get some of the reimbursements from VocEast and I had to take out a student loan. I paid for supplies, gas, books, etc on my credit card and it took over a year to see any funding for my rehab program...Hope you have a easier time of it then what I went through.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 21:25

That's awesome sailor!

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 21:23

i did
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next