Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 09:00

also if they are taking your premiums, you are covered.

i am just puzzled in K9's case that the premiums are covered by SISIP/Manulife while continuing on as a zero'd out member of LTD,

and while zero'd out they have received medical forms beyond the 24 month period (in their case it is because SISIP/Manulife is covering the premiums)

Last edited by puddleduk935 on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 09:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of last line of text)

Back to top Go down

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 08:58

the letter i have received in regards to the age premium increase is from SISIP and is the Manulife CAR policy, they are the same company.

was there another insurance company selling to the CF?

Last edited by puddleduk935 on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 09:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and addition of '?")

Back to top Go down

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release - Page 2 Empty Confused

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 08:54

Are you sure you are not thinking Manulife life insurance rather than Sisip? My spouse and I are both med released. We have life insurance term insurance with Manullife. I have not known about Sisip offering life insurance nor them paying the premiums. Since we started the manulife life insurance while we were in the military, once we were released Manulife had us do a medical decloration on release however we have not been sent anything by them since. I will call them today since I am TPI and if I don't qualify anymore for coverage then I don't want to spend monthy premiums for something I or my spouse is not entitled too. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 08:36

puzzled as to why their coverage is paid by SISIP, and secondly that SISIP continued to send them medical forms even though they were being paid zero from their LTD plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 08:35

I believe so, I continue to pay into CAR

to quote K9 from the 14th of Sept,

"For myself, even when I was zero'd out, I received the med forms to be dilled for Sisip to pay my 100 000$ lige insurance monthly fees, if I didn't send it in they would close my life insurance so every year scince 1998 I sent those med papers because I couldn't get life insurance elsewhere, I was mad about it but finally, I turned out to be a good thing! "

I asked a few more questions of K9,

but didn't understand the circumstances of their release and SISIP covering their expense of CAR and being on LTD at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 08:09

Are you talking about CAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 06:46

Is their no others (except K9) that are having SISIP covering their life insurance premiums since their release,

I am still curious and puzzled as to what circumstances must be met to have them cover our premiums after medical release.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 07:47

same with me,

just received a recent notice last month for the next age bracket premiums due taken off of my CFSA.

Last edited by puddleduk935 on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 07:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of 'a recent')

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 07:36

the only thing i recived from them since release was a letter saying my life insurance premiums were going up.
propat

Back to top Go down

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release - Page 2 Empty SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 07:28

Are their any (other than K9) members having their life insurance premiums covered by SISIP while being confirmed as Totally DisabledI, and have because of this continued to be sent the medical paperwork on a yearly basis?

I am Totally Disabled, zero sum, CFSA, CPP(D) and PA, voluntarily started life insurance with SISIP in 1990-91.

I was never forced in to mandatory minimum life insurance and am not sure if those following that time period were, and

do not have my premiums covered by SISIP, nor have i received any yearly paperwork since (released in 2004) 2006.

Last edited by puddleduk935 on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 06:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling acronym correction)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum