Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release Empty Re: SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release

Post by OldZipperhead Mon 17 Sep 2012, 20:01

Just downloaded the medical forms that the doctor would have filled out and I have never seen these before. The one for Long Term Disability (ML09E) would have been the one the doctor filled out at the end of the 24 months. The question is: how the hell can the doctor fill it out without doing a physical examination at the same time. If the civilian doctor does not have access to all your military medical documents, then he/she could never fill out the form accurately, because he/she does not have all the information, but is only basing it from the limited time he/she has seen you.

Our Lawyers might want to bring this up in the meeting, because this is just wrong and should be addressed immidiately.
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release Empty Re: SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 18:36

many thanks pigeons...from one bird to the next...sparrow ...that didn't sound right cause I am a girl but you get my point..cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 18:31

https://public.cfpsa.com/en/AboutUs/SISIPFS/download/Documents/ML08E.pdf

Read carefully what information they want you to sign off on.

Back to top Go down

SISIP paying for life insurance coverage after release Empty Does anyone have the link to this insurance waiver for sisip?

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 18:28

Hi, I have a call into my sisip case manager regarding the life insurance premium waiver. Does anyone have the link that I can refer to when I speak with him tomorrow. I have a feeling this is an uphill battle to get this sorted out but I will advise as it progresses...sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 13:13

hi sparrow, i havent called my case manager at SISIP yet to ask the question,

If they had sent me the forms, or to my doctor, I wouldnt be out (as stated before) over $7000 in extra (a covered benefit) expenses while zero'd out on LTD for my life insurance,

another cost cutting measure, or just an oversight?

keep us up on how it turns out for yourself, best to get one good reply from a case manager than confuse the new employees of SISIP,

and who said government doesnt create new jobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 13:02

Hi, I put a call into Sisip-Manuife Term Life Insurance CAR office. I will post the results when I talk with them. It is called CAR - coverage after release but for newly released members it is called something similiar but not CAR, Will post when received info. Sparrow Haven't heard from Nav today hope he is ok, miss his posts....cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:49

My spouse and I had $400,000 each which was the most you could get. Again, at that time we had a large mortgage, 3 high school kids etc so we had that amount. I am TPI but my spouse is not. I will need to follow up with manulife? thank you. Are there others who are not aware of this?????sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:42

No, thet pay for the coverage you had before leaving, I had minimum but if I had 300 000$ the would pay the premium for that amount. I raised it after release so I pay coverage for the extra I took. Chears!
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:24

Yes, K9 that is what is wrong with this system. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I don't know what I should do anymore. If I am understanding correcty, manuife is paying the premiums for the first $100,000 coverage and anything above that coverage is the clients responsibility? sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:22

As I said before, I left in 1998. At the time of release, I had 100 000$ lige insurance with them, it was the minimum aloud. Scince Then, They are paying my coverage for that amount but every year I had ro fill out medical forms and my md had to. At a moment I needed more then the 100 000$ coverage so I bought after release coverage that I pay out of my own. So those yearly med forms are all in scince 1998 and I will have to continue sending them for them to pay the coverage for that first premium. As I have been stating before, what I don't like about all this lawsuit is that everyone as a different standard even those with the same case!
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:56

What should we do puddle? sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:53

Sounds like another law suit. I remember specificaly my spouse and I having a meeting with CAR agent at their office. Both myself and husband were med released within months of each other. We were never sent forms nor our doctor. This is a complete shock. We have been paying $100 + a month for this term life insurance because we had 3 high school children when we released and felt we needed protection for our kids in the event one of us passed away. OMG.....sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:49

yes sparrow, take a look online at the form,

if any of the form was applicable to you then its a definate yes

It would have been saving you the cost of the life insurance premiums from the date of your release to age 65.

For some that had to cancel their life insurance premiums due to not being able to afford them it would have been devastating to not have this information on release.

I wouldnt give up on paying into my SISIP life insurance policy, and it would have been great to have them provide the assistance I needed by sending this form out, to either myself or my physician.

Seeing how they had 'all access' to all and any of my information, I dont see any excuse on their part.

i was also zero'd out

Last edited by puddleduk935 on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of last line of text)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:28

puddle, are you saying that I coud have had sisip ltd pay for my manuife term life insurance even though I was zeroed out? sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:15

found during a online search

Manulife/SISIP form MLO8E (4 pages), aka 'APS Attending Physicians Statement, Waiver of Life Insurance Premiums'

It is in regard to our LTD group policy 901102.

Have any of you received personally or were aware that your attending physician had received this form,

If not, why not?

I was medically and pharmacutically out of it during my release period, but kept everything, and had items photo copied that were returned to any senders, VAC, CPP, CF....

For myself, at my policy rate, I would have saved just over $7000 not including interest and provincial taxes on buying the life insurance plan to date

Last edited by puddleduk935 on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:19; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : addition of last line of text, and the word 'personally')

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next