Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job Posting With Manulife Re: 4 Positions To Deal With Sisip Ltd

Go down

Job Posting With Manulife Re: 4 Positions To Deal With  Sisip Ltd  Empty Re: Job Posting With Manulife Re: 4 Positions To Deal With Sisip Ltd

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:59

Interesting reading. but I believe they are ready to run with the zero sum at this time, and they are gearing up for the next piece, that is, the retroactive one.

Back to top Go down

Job Posting With Manulife Re: 4 Positions To Deal With  Sisip Ltd  Empty Re: Job Posting With Manulife Re: 4 Positions To Deal With Sisip Ltd

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:53

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:53

SISIP could get a good handle on it and all the calculations with the proper excel spread sheet. Not really that hard as I did it back to Oct 2001 using my own case as an example and I consider myself only a moderate computer savy user!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:32

This really is outragous. All the sisip zero sums that are in the computer my CM said would have taken 15 minutes because most are up to date. Its only the old ones and paper archives that will take time. Poor planning on sisip part and we suffer, complete BS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:12

And don't tell me the legals had no idea about this...sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:10

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:08; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:08

Nav, remember what happened to Nortel and all those people who lost their pensions. It happened to 2 of my in laws...the pensions just stopped no accountability...whose to say Manulife does not go that route....sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:06

WOW, TEEN, I WAS NOT BULL SHITING, I TOLD YOU GUYS SISIP WAS DOING THIS AND THEY JUST POSTED THE JOB NOTICE. We need you , Teen , to get some sort of time line as to when this is going to get going. If this has not started yet, and they have to train these guys, your looking at months and months. Teen , this was poor planning on SIsip part, they knew they would have had to figure this out. I have no more contact with my cm until i am reinstated so my information has dried up. What does legal think of this and with VAC ELB stopping the clawback(which i think is awesome and i might jump ship to them) should we the zero sum, the most effected , not be the last ones to benefit from this. Really how fair is this, man

Back to top Go down

Job Posting With Manulife Re: 4 Positions To Deal With  Sisip Ltd  Empty Job Posting With Manulife Re: 4 Positions To Deal With Sisip Ltd

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 14:45

Thanks to a fellow member here, this was located on Workopolis ....Not much planning was made on our behalf by Manulife....I guess they thought we would go away.....

Financial Administrator - SISIP Services - Halifax (12 month Contract),MANULIFE FINANCIAL
Halifax, NS, CANADA
Posted Oct 6, 2012 Share This Job:
If you are the type of person who thrives on change, growth and opportunity, and are interested in a career in the financial services industry, Manulife is the place for you.
Financial Administrator - SISIP Services - Halifax (12 month Contract)-1204064
Description
More than 16,000 Canadian businesses have entrusted their employee benefit programs to Manulife Group Benefits. We provide coverage for businesses of all sizes, from two employees to Canada's largest employers. An industry leader in electronic services and transactions, Group Benefits provides a broad range of coverage including health and dental care, emergency travel assistance, short and long term disability, group critical illness, absence management services and wellness products, optional benefits, flexible benefits plans, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
Manulife Financial's largest Group Benefits client is the Service Income Security Insurance Plan, Financial Services (SISIP FS), who provides financial products and services exclusively to the military community. SISIP FS understands that careers in the Canadian Forces (CF) have unique requirements and needs, and that is why its financial products and services are tailored to the military lifestyle. The SISIP Services Department at Manulife Financial administers aspects of the plan on behalf of SISIP FS, dealing both with serving and former members of the CF.
SISIP Services is looking for four (4) highly motivated, team-oriented individuals to join their Disability Team as Financial Administrators on a 12 month contract basis. Please note that candidates demonstrating fluency in French and English are strongly preferred.
The Financial Administrator will have a variety of tasks, primarily being responsible for adjusting/calculating disability claimants' benefits. The positions may also entail certain administrative duties which will support the SISIP Disability team in general.
**Please note - For bilingual candidates being considered, a French language assessment will be required.
Responsibilities:
•Calculate disability benefit offsets
•Adjust claimant's monthly LTD benefits
•Ensure disability claimant's tax information is up to date and accurate for the yearly tax period
•Answer claimant's questions/phone calls
Qualifications
•Bilingual French/English preferred, both written and spoken
•Post Secondary education in administration/accounting required
•Previous financial experience an asset
•Excellent mathematical aptitude
•Willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines, as needed
•Bilingual French/English preferred, both written and spoken
Attributes:
•Attention to detail
•Excellent organizational /prioritizing skills
•Excellent customer service skills
•Strong communication skills
Manulife Financial is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. In 2012, we celebrate 125 years of providing clients strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were C$514 billion (US$504 billion) as at June 30, 2012. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States.

Last edited by sparrow86 on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 15:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down