Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal Regarding Commencement of Zero Sum Benefits

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Proposal Regarding Commencement of Zero Sum Benefits Empty Re: Proposal Regarding Commencement of Zero Sum Benefits

Post by Horseman Thu 11 Oct 2012, 14:24

Great work Peter & Co. it'll be interesting to hear how the DOJ can justify not commencing payments for the many injured RCMP veterans SISIP clawbacks. You guys have been waiting a year longer than us and so I wish you a speedy recovery of your lost insurance payments. As a zero-sum client also affected by this injustice,I often wonder how any of this was even possible in a country like ours. Abandonment of their duty to injured veterans and a five year wait is beyond comprehension but if you owed them a dollar, they would chase us to the grave!

Horseman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Proposal Regarding Commencement of Zero Sum Benefits Empty Re: Proposal Regarding Commencement of Zero Sum Benefits

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 13:34

Actually, that is a good question. I know the PIA isn't deducted from the ELB, so if they want to harmonize the ELB with SISIP, then SISIP should also exclude PIA from their calculations.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 11 Oct 2012, 13:18

VetWife there are so many variables in your question it would be good to get a hold of:

1. Your VAC CM
2. Call SISIP
3. Go to a JPSU/IPSC if you are near a military base

You have to present the situation and you should get an answer.

Hope this helps
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 13:16

vetwife it all depends on the math but probably not.however as for retro it will all be a matter of math and dates.
hope this helps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 13:08

VetWife there is no such thing as a dumb question just a question thet needs an answer, feel free to ask away if we don't have the answer we may be able to send you in the direction of some one who will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 13:03

Teentitan can you answer the question for VetWife just before navrats post? I am sure I can but you would know more on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:59

Not yet but hopefully soon.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:56

Any news Teen regarding the DOJ proposal,

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:55

Maybe a dumb question but can someone answer for me? If a person is in receipt of PIA are they still eligible for SISP?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 11:41

Any news yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 07:46

teen yes that is verry important we are all freinds here.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 07:32

Looking forward to Peters update

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 10 Oct 2012, 19:35

Yes there seems to be great movement but at the same time I am seeing some "borderline" insulting comments.

People let's remember courtesy and manners while on the CSAT. It is a very trying time so please think twice before posting. Just think would you enjoy having someone make a negative comment about you?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 19:29

TEEN, you missed all the fun, but i believe real progress on gettting us paid

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 10 Oct 2012, 19:28

Sorry all been away from the Forum doing my homework, 50 years old and I never thought I would say that again.

Thank you Peter for working on this and I hope the "language" between McInnes Cooper and DoJ/Toope is agreed upon tomorrow.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next