Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For any zero sum members that have not got a cheque yet ...

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For any zero sum members that have not got a cheque yet ... Empty Re: For any zero sum members that have not got a cheque yet ...

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 13:07

Cograts Very Happy

Back to top Go down

For any zero sum members that have not got a cheque yet ... Empty Re: For any zero sum members that have not got a cheque yet ...

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 12:19

How very odd... I called SISIP this morning, as I have done all week, and on the first ring I got a real person! Shocking! Anyway I am on the list and need to wait. Shocking.

Back to top Go down

For any zero sum members that have not got a cheque yet ... Empty Never give up no matter what...

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 09:01

I hear both of you and as we all know there is much work to be done at VAC, VRAB even SISIP which is still probably run better than all of the others put together.
I might get some flack over that but it’s true. If VAC was run the same way SISIP was we would not be jumping through so many hoops and since they are under contract, which they follow pretty much to the letter, we would not be having the trouble that we do with all the BS from the application process to appeal ect.
I know I will be backed up on this one by VVi.
But we don’t live in a perfect world and until they either get rid of or overhaul VRAB and make all the recommended changes to the NVC we are stuck fighting a broken system which can piss anyone off.
We as vets have made great progress in the last few years and I’m guessing will continue to do so as I don’t see very many people giving up the fight for what is rightfully ours.
A little long winded but I think it covers all, just never give up no matter what...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 02 Nov 2012, 00:18

Wife of a Veteran, I feel your frustration as well. I was not declared TPI by SISIP, and I was able to work for 3 years at a job I loved until the pain meds weren't even dulling the pain anymore and was declared TPI. I am now a zero sum client on EELB, and am still waiting for VAC to acknowledge the fact that I am supposed to be getting this extra money. It may be my depression, but it seems like they are deliberately delaying my file. They sent me a form to fill out listing my other income, in spite of having only completed those same forms a few months ago. So I jumped through their hoops and completed the form and express mailed it back so that they've had the info since the 22nd and working on my file since then, but have yet to make a decision . WTF???? what decision? The rules are clear, I had all my ducks in a row before they even made the announcement that the clawback was ending, that should have made starting payments automatic.

Approved for rehab. Check
Approved for ELB. Check
Declared TPI. Check
Approved for EELB until 65. Check
Approved for PIA. Check
Approved for PIA supp. Check
getting ticked off at DVA for lack of competency. Check
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Thu 01 Nov 2012, 23:52

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

For any zero sum members that have not got a cheque yet ... Empty Patience is a virtue

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 23:33

Patience is a virtue and we as vets or wives of vets need to have it especially with the way our own government is treating us.
Hang in there as it will all come together.
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Thu 01 Nov 2012, 21:31

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 14:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 21:28

No offence intended but you guys spend way to much time mulling over this.
It's pretty much all been worked out and we, the class members will find out the results by December of the issues that are still under a gag order as well as have time to go over them prior to the court date in January.
Also I suspect that the court date in January anyone with a beef worth its weight will have the opportunity to have their say in front of Judge Barnes.
I also agree with propat that this will not take years if you end up having to go through arbitration.
We spent 5 years in the courts and at least that before the class action so since the ruling in May this has gone very quickly and I have no doubt that it will continue to do so.
Also the idea of this being based on CPP is 100% false just due to the fact that it was easier to get LTD than CPP even though SISIP strongly urged all to apply for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:53

relax peep the leagal teem is working on all the issues.dont lose faith.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:47

So their is no CPP (D) start? Shocked
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:25

get your info to the leagal team if your not on the list this will not take years.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:19

Abetterway , I can't really say, but if you ask sisip there is no second list, they are only working on the list , and those indentified on the list are the ones sisip knows and believes are tpi and most likely to continue to receive monthly payments barring any new info from the forms we sent in.,The other lists will be decided in the settlement and not before , and by third party arbitrator and this will take years

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:13

I got my cheque last Thursday , everyone who is on the first list , doesn't have to call because they are getting a no-prejudice cheque,it's just sisip is behind but working as fast as can be expected

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:09

navrat is this speculation on your part, or you reading some updated sisip policy detailing the current policy on compiling the second list.

cheers.

Back to top Go down

For any zero sum members that have not got a cheque yet ... Empty Reply to all as opposed to each

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 20:06

I will reply to all as opposed to each.

If you can't get through on the number provided, use any number you can to talk to an actual person. They can either find out for you or transfer you.

As for what list who is on. As stated above right now there is only one list they are dealing with and that’s the one that they are sending out cheques for. If you were on SISIP for just the mandatory 2 years at zero sum and no longer then that will be decided when all the details are worked out and we will all know in December or January who gets what and how much.
Two separate issues and nothing going on with this that we don’t know about besides all the final details.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next