Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

+2
K9
Wife of a Veteran
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? - Page 3 Empty Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 09:10

is there anyone out their from this guys riding.someone that is on the nvc would be great.
propat

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? - Page 3 Empty Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:58

that f#$% mooron i dont know this guy and i already hate him.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:44

i see this guy was the spin doctor for the nhl pa.he should probably go back they could probably use him right now.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:37

ok guys who is in this guys riding?i cannot find anything to justify his buyout number.someone needs to get an arctical in his local paper explaining our side as opposed to his spin and demand an apolagy for lieing to the public about the buyout numbers.its not a good idea to contact him before that as he will ammend his numbers immediately.anyone even close to there?
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:31

I am not a liberator, they do not exist, the people liberate themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:30

You tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:08

col i agree the numbers are real exept for that one im gona start some reaserch to see where he could have possably came up with that number.the benifit fore net of kin looks more accurate.yes they are spending more that is the idea behind buyouts spend more up front save a bundle over time.and comparing us to two contries that still have their vesion of the va pention is unfair as all vets would agree is far suppirior to a buyout.im supprisingly unfamiliar with the vet pention system in the states so i cant speek to that but will do some reading.this does sound like a good spin though i will contact him after i do a little more reaserch.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:07

This is how it starts , the beginning of bad economic times , the GOC and the public start to think we have gotten enough, they also do this with social services and the disabled, it's a slippery slope but the GOC always has a plan, this time they will start by saying they love the veterans , yada , yada, yada then expose the fact that they and they alone have taken care of veterans and the problem is fixed. I believe we are in for another decade of darkness because money is tight and for the Conservatives to eat humble pie over the f35 they must be terrified about finances also the conservatives don't believe in social programs and were only going along with this from public pressure, with statements like this, the only reason they release these are to convince the public everything is ok

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? - Page 3 Empty (866) 878-5556 ...Give Michael a call if you disagree he wants to hear from you !

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 06:26

These numbers are real except for one the 593 300!! Where did that come from....if you disagree with this call him

Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support By Michael Chong
December 4, 2012

Recently, questions have been raised about government support for Canadian veterans. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the record.

Our government believes that veterans should receive nothing but the best care and support. They deserve nothing less.

Every attempt is made to accommodate soldiers in the Canadian Armed Forces who are injured (either physically or mentally) and who wish to continue to serve. Soldiers who are injured and who cannot continue in the Canadian Armed Forces are released from service. These veterans are eligible for a program that supports them as they are being rehabilitated. This program provides them with a guaranteed annual income of at least $40,000 a year, for as long as they are not able to work, until age 65.

Those injured veterans who have completed rehabilitation and are able to work receive a monthly benefit while they look for employment. This benefit provides up to $1,300 a month for single veterans, $1,900 per month for married veterans and $300 per month per dependent. In addition, further monthly payments are made to those veterans whose injuries make finding work more difficult.

In addition to the monthly and annual benefits above, veterans with a long-term injury receive a lump sum payment of up to $593,300 depending on the severity of the injury and how much the injury is related to their service.

For those soldiers killed in combat, their surviving spouse (or next of kin) receives $285,300. Canada provides the families of veterans with up to $3,600 to help with the funeral service, and up to $7,000 to cover the cost of the burial, for total of $10,600. In contrast, the United Kingdom provides up to $3,500 for funeral and burial costs, while Australia provides up to $2,000. The US does not provide any financial support for funeral services burial costs, unless the burial takes place in a national cemetery.

***** (this is available to soldiers below 65 if unable) ******Low income veterans over 65 or veterans on a disability benefit become eligible for the Veterans Independence Program. This program pays for lawn maintenance, housekeeping, personal care and other support services. Many local veterans take advantage of this program and it can provide a veteran with up to $9,991 a year.

Total spending by the federal government for veterans increased from $2.85 billion in 2005 to $3.5 billion in 2010, a 43 per cent increase over 5 years. While there will always be room for improvement, no other government has supported Canadian veterans as much in recent memory. I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions. You can contact me by phone at (866) 878-5556

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 02:30

This sounds like a political move to justify the GOC's position with regards to lawsuits. Looks like the next battle begins!!!

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? - Page 3 Empty WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 00:19

I read the artical and was reminded of some of your stories about how hard it is to deal with DVA and their system, I had my fight several years ago and it was hell for a long time for the most part it is finished, but as for the NVC and you persons who have had to deal with that it is a story all on it's own, so I ask you were did he get these nice numbers from The very top of the charts?

http://michaelchong.ca/2012/12/04/setting-the-record-straight-on-veterans-support/

Last edited by F foundry on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 00:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum