Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

+2
K9
Wife of a Veteran
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:30

It depends on were you sit and you case but for the most part the pension system has it's strengths over NVC in most cases having a CHQ every month is better for sure than a lumpsum with no CHQ, again it is on a case by case situation. The fact that most Vets have to fight tooth and nail to get anything is the main problem and the person some times working for the vet has no idea what they are entitled to and if they do there hands are tied.

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ?

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:20

lwfao do you belive it is better than the va pention?
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:14

I am receiving a vac pension also ELB, PIA, VIP and received a Lumpsum payout, they also pay for my med’s and travel time to see my Doctor. I think the NVC has it’s good points and bad. But I personally have no problem with the NVC. When I turn 65 I will lose the ELB etc but I will have my OAC , Military pension and CCP D. I am now at approx $4200 a month just enough to put KD on the table. As for on going support my CM calls me once a month checks on how I'm doing and ask if I require anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:05

puddle you have a point their i guess any vet from that riding would be good im sure we would all support him with any info he may need.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:00

any comments from mp p. stoffler on this member?
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:57

agreed, don't watch hockey, though i can see why they were picked,

on the other side maybe there are no members on the nvc to step forward from their riding,

therefore they are the best member to step forward and take one for their team,

all it would take is for the government (not that they do that kind of thing, yeah right) is to check and access the vac logs for ridings with no members on the nvc.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:40

puddle in my oppinion this guy was picked by the party to head its spin campaign in front of the nvc lawsuit.he was a spin doctor for theNHL PLAYERS ASSOSIATION.and in my mind a good one.heck if i had to pick an mp to pour on the bs this guy would be at the top of my list.now its our job to find his counterpart.the moast credible would be someone on the NVC from his rideing.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:02

I see the numbers as shown, this is for the very few, not the majority of claimants.

As a member receiving a monthly amount as part of the PA for over a decade has surpassed the amount that i would have received from the nvc would have been long long gone.. the nvc was put in place to cut their losses and comes off as a polished piece of manure.

As this MP has been in office since 2004 they already have two more years than is needed for a full pension from the House indexed at 10% per year.

Notice no mention of either the sisip class action for the CF and RCMP, and the NVC class action, in their press release. Maybe they can add to a future press release their explaination and apology of what the government should have done to correct this when they had the chance and passed on it.

This individual is one of two things either looking to take over as the new MND or following orders as a minor player from higher up the chain..

puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, Setting the Record Straight on Veterans’ Support ? - Page 2 Empty Call this guy ....get him to retract his words.....or at least correct the mistakes

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:42

The average settlement for injured vets is $17000 lumpsum...less than 2% receive the 280000.....

dump the lump DTL- lets focus on that....support Kevin Berry Class action law suit ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:33

$593 300? What!?

I think the $593 300 should be the number VAC uses as its base line for the pain and suffering monthly payment instead of the $280 000 something they use now. It would also benefit the new veterans for the lump sum payment. This would effectively increase the amounts given by almost 200% which I think would be really, really, really fair.

Who is that guy anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:33

Class action against GOC for improper treatment of Vets!!! Class action against NVC for mistreatment of Vets!!!! Percentage of Vets receiving these magical numbers!!!! How there is dual standards with regards to who gets what and how much they receive??

I am thinking that half mill they speak of is the high end as well, as in if you were an officer of high standing rank then you would get a higher amount with regards to "guaranteed income of 75%". Only way I see it could work!!!

Ghis a perfect example of how you use statistics to your advantage, as well as twist the facts to suit your situation. Lets get all of the facts to the media, as in the good and the bad facts, The opening for this statement gives a few facts that need to be voiced as well!!

Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:16

See this is what I was trying to get at I know the facts are here with in the common knowledge of our collective brains on this site even with out looking it up, this guys has come up with things like VIP is over $9900.00 yah if you qualify based on how well the person at DVA is feeling that day,

So maybe talking to or hearing from some vets from his riding may help after the artical.

I read through the artical and was questioning the fact that very few people get the high end of the chart or scale unless they fight like crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:05

Michael Chong, you are just a person who signed that piece of paper that was ordered and drafted by your Party to give them good publicity!

Where were you Mr Chong, when your government was pushing us to Court on the Sisip Claw back issue and your Government is still doing nothing about paying our lawyers fees. Why the GOC payed legal fees in the class action about The Residential School System, and doesn't want to pay it here while they kept our coverage without reasons for all those years, if you just knew what that did to most financially, families and lives?

I would write to you in french if I knew if you would understand it, but then again, your votes against us, Quebecers forced you to resign from your position!
What a Canadian you are!

All is not about $, it is more about respect, giving those who gave so much what they are untitled to without pushing them to Courts, or the VAC way of denying applications!
Your Government knows nothing about that. Maybe it would be nice for you to write an article about the nice pensions and all the advantages you have as a member of the GOC, we could write it and you could sign it, think about that.

Sorry for the faults, i wrote this and I'm not an english Canadian, just a french Canadian living in Quebec, try writing to me by yourself in french and I'll be happy to respond to you.

Long live the Conservatives and their pensions.

Last edited by K9 on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added stuff)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 09:59

Total spending by the federal government for veterans increased from $2.85 billion in 2005 to $3.5 billion in 2010, a 43 per cent increase over 5 years.

It is actually only a 23% increase hopefully he fixes his misinformation

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Mon 10 Dec 2012, 09:45

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next