Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey We need something to talk about now hummmmmm, what about those Maple Leaf hey

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hey We need something to talk about now hummmmmm, what about those Maple Leaf hey - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey We need something to talk about now hummmmmm, what about those Maple Leaf hey

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 23:41

Pain and suffering payments ≠ income replacement. The 'top up" theory has been shot down by a federal court judge. If you are obliged to sacrifice your body and get hurt why should you have to settle for a pay cut.

Back to top Go down

Hey We need something to talk about now hummmmmm, what about those Maple Leaf hey - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey We need something to talk about now hummmmmm, what about those Maple Leaf hey

Post by 6608 Thu 13 Dec 2012, 23:03

Navrat- you were at 75% that's why you became a zero sum.............now i bet you are 125%-150% of release pay...............not saying you were not faulted just that you had to be at the 75% mark.
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 22:21

We should never have to pay to get our money back, period, the fact that I have to take 60 percent of what I am owed, in all reality , translates for me all those years of being paid 60 percent of 75 percent of earnings loss. That's the truth and I don't care how anyone whitewashes it. While all those years , others who were medically released without the vac clawback got there 75 percent of release pay, me just because I had a clawback, and it took the courts to stop it, I am being penalized because I have to pay 30 percent of my ltd for all those years, so the other guy who had no clawback is and was better off. The reason I am saying the 60 percent figure is this is what the law firm said would be the high end of what I will receive, this came from the law firm, why would they lie? As for getting the GOC to cover legal fees , even Peter said it was a dead issue and is not going to happen, so yes we have to wait, but we all know what is coming and if you are happy with that, more power to you, but since I hung up my Cf's , I am an individual and everyone of us will have to judge this deal on what they will accept but in all reality this is like needle parade, your going to accept it and that's it, that is the conclusion to the Sisip saga

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 13 Dec 2012, 22:10

I think that every Conservative or Liberal that stood up and defended the clawback, or refused to comment with some lame excuse like "it was before the courts", since 2003 when the DND Ombudsmen report was released, should be fined for aiding in a criminal act, and the PM, MND and the president of the treasury board should be both fined and jailed for negligence of their duties, psychological abuse of those under their care, and yes, theft. Then the money taken in fines would be quite sufficient to award to class members true damages. The Tories have spent the last few years pushing through legislation that says the criminals should pay the victims of their crimes, and that criminals should not be able to profit from their criminal activity. I guess their tough on crime agenda doesn't include themselves.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 13 Dec 2012, 21:49

Now that's the way everyone should be thinking Georges...

The GoC decided not to appeal the May decision. That means they accepted the fact that since 1976 a clause in our LTD policy allowed the GoC to deduct our VAC Pension Act payment.

So who wrote this policy? My best guess would be the TB. So is anyone in TB going to be punished? If the GoC accepted Judge Barnes decision that the clawback was legally wrong then who is taking the blame?

It looks like we vets are. Aren't we the ones who are paying a lawfirm to get our stolen money back from a Government that is not going to be punished for what they did?

If breaking the law has no consequences then how do we know that the TB or GoC is not going to do it again?

IMO punishment in this case should be the GoC paying our legal bill.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 21:03

OK here is something to check out. The judge said that the claw back was and or is unlawfull, can we, should we, could we, make a complaint to the RCMP for thief? The decision to start the claw back was mad by people. Ither in there interest or in the interest of a third party. In any manner it was a thief. Sence Manulife opposed the claw back from the beginning, other should have known that the practise have a bid chance of being UNLAWFULL. In a criminal court of law this would be called criminal, can we make a complaint? The RCMP will not take action if there is no complaint, that's how it goes. At worst nothging will happen at best the people that did this would life at least some of our stress, and if really lucky they would have to do some community work!!! HAHA What do you people think?

Back to top Go down

Hey We need something to talk about now hummmmmm, what about those Maple Leaf hey - Page 2 Empty Hey We need something to talk about now hummmmmm, what about those Maple Leaf hey

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 20:20

We are tied for first this season and it Dec already. isn't that just crazy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum