Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 9th

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

January 9th - Page 2 Empty Re: January 9th

Post by bigrex Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:17

Actually at this point only the judge can reject the settlement, since the rest of those who you mentioned already know what is included in the settlement, and have agreed to it, so they will not likely ask the judge to reject it. And while it is true that we do not have a vote, if an overwhelming majority of class members write to the judge saying that the proposal is unsatisfactory, and that we would not have approved the settlement if we had been given the option, then the judge just may take our POV into consideration. That is hypothetical, since I am unaware of what is in the proposal, and I'm hoping that Dennis and Peter are right when they said that we will be pleased.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:11

Via email. We can write Peter and the Judge but we dont get a vote. The RP Dennis Manuge, Judge Barnes,Stephen Toope and the plaintiffs lawyers are the only ones that reject the settlement. Rules regarding class actions in Canada give them that right.
The good news is that they will listen to our concerns!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:05

Manualife is the one getting the funds from TB/DND they will be disbursing them. I would expect within 30 days of the final legal approval and likely sooner that is if you are non contested . If there is issue with your claim it will have to be investigated. my feeling is that they know already who is entitled .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 17:09

Ya, Dennis , anything you can add!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 17:03

Maybe Dennis knows more about this? Dennis are you reading this can you give us some info?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:37

Once Jan 9 2013 come we have to then give our feedback on yes or no if we agree. They will most likely give us 30 days to respond if I guess that 51 % of class members approve then they will start sorting out payment earliest end of Feb or Mar sometime.

If they dont get a majority who knows back to fighting i guess.

HNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 14:23

I believe sisip will issue the payment since they are the ones who have the amounts of the clawback and already have the clients info. It will be easy for the zero sums who have already started receiving payments. It's just a matter of sisip knowing how far back the retro will go and the interest rates. I believe the law firm has no knowledge of individual amounts owed ?

Back to top Go down

January 9th - Page 2 Empty January 9th

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 14:12

On January 9th we are supposed to get information about the Class Action. If we do are we going to get a generalized package outlining the basics of the agreement or since we all differ slightly, retro without being a Zero client or a Zero client with retro, will we get an individual package? Will it be mailed to us or sent by email or perhaps on a website? When we get the package will we have to decipher it to get a general idea of what we are getting or will it be detailed in laymans terms of exactly each of us will recieve and when? These are some basic questions that have been haunting me for the past while. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2