Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Good Settlement , would restore Faith not only amongst veterans , but in the Minds of all Canadians , & what we fought for over there

2 posters

Go down

A Good Settlement , would restore Faith not only amongst veterans , but in the Minds of all Canadians , & what we fought for over there  Empty Re: A Good Settlement , would restore Faith not only amongst veterans , but in the Minds of all Canadians , & what we fought for over there

Post by bigrex Mon 07 Jan 2013, 11:45

I think a good load of blame should go to the PM, not for creating the clawback, but definately for delaying the inevitable. Harper and Peter McKay were part of the House of Commons committee that unanimously voted that the clawback needed to be stopped back in 2003-04. The previous MND O'Conner stood in the House of commons in March of 2007 and stated that they were aware of the issue and the Tories were going to fix it and the only one who could tell him otherwise was Harper.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

A Good Settlement , would restore Faith not only amongst veterans , but in the Minds of all Canadians , & what we fought for over there  Empty Re: A Good Settlement , would restore Faith not only amongst veterans , but in the Minds of all Canadians , & what we fought for over there

Post by Rags Mon 07 Jan 2013, 10:07

Propat....ok give ya that one PM and MND get 129 for stupidity to you write up the charge and I will hand it to him next time I see them. They should have dug deeper but at that level it does go to absolute trust of the advise when you deal with subjects your not an expert in. In elected government you have too many files to run you absolutely rely on advise of the expert in this case CDS. But yes in the end the buck falls on his watch. I know PM was told so was MND cause I personal had the discussion with them. They took it as advise went to CDS who contradicted me. Im just a low end rank in that world so they took CDS word. Im interested in what Superdebator is up to cause there is an issue beyond what we should have gotten legally and what behind the scenes has occured with LTD and its setting us up all along on purpose.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 09:40

yup the largest blame does lie with him but some does go to the pm and his advisors as well.if he had the ability to read a newspaper he would have had all the info he needed shortly after this suit started and should have sorted this out years ago as the cds does work for him weather it be directly ore otherwise.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 07 Jan 2013, 09:18

I see it with same feelings but from different direction. My faith was always there with Canada and its people, the Prime Minister, MPs and Senators>>>including my boss back then the Governor General>>>>(after all we work for the GG not the PM). The reason is I got my DVA settlement easily and rather fast. That is a gift of Canada and its people for pain and suffering due to Battle. That shows me Canada and its government did the right thing for me . I lay blame for the SISIP fiasco with the person responsible which is the CDS, his advisor JAG branch, all SISIP staff (useless bastards everyone). The LTD plan was his baby not the PMs. Our fight is with the legal issues around what a LTD insurance policy should claim as income. The CDS knew way back in 96 he was wrong on this file. The PM is too busy to get into the details back when SISIP started this policy it was the CDS who advised on way ahead. It was CDS who advised PM back in 96 when this came up as a law suit out of Quebec and then again with this current run started. IF PM had been told accurate info at the start there would be no issue right now. And I hate to say it but Hilliary who I respect allot was the last one to F this file up. So for me this will restore faith in the CDS only if the SISIP crew is fired on mass and the JAG office be disciplined for such poor advise. Last but not least an apology from CDS...all of them for being so stupid. Maybe even a charge......like a 129 ..IN THAT HE WAS STUPID would be good heading. So I agree with your thinking on restoration of faith just that blame and restoration sits with others.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

A Good Settlement , would restore Faith not only amongst veterans , but in the Minds of all Canadians , & what we fought for over there  Empty A Good Settlement , would restore Faith not only amongst veterans , but in the Minds of all Canadians , & what we fought for over there

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 22:06

To give back what was rightfully earned by protecting our fellow Countryman , women & children , including those that voted to send us behind enemy lines for months & years at a time without deductions from the principle amount would also be rightfully accepted by each of us in turn . This would restore not only our faith in the Government Of Canada , but would also make each & every one of us feel great Pride & Honour
for having served our Great Nation , & the People within it .

Prime Minister Harper ,  Anything less , would be a tradgedy ................To  Faith , Dignity & Honour

Pro Patria , For Country

Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Ontario

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down