Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans

3 posters

Go down

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans Empty Re: Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans

Post by Teentitan Tue 16 Aug 2016, 16:29

Because the Liberals are now a "brand" not a political party in charge of Canada. A PR firm is creating JT as a brand as most people recognize brands over politicans. That's why he always has his jacket off and his tie loosened. Always giving high fives in crowds and photo bombing anything. And if you watch the news you will see other MP's and Cabinet Ministers doing the same thing; except the shirtless photo's those are for JT only.

It's a sad day when democracy is now in competition with brands like Coke, Wal Mart and McDonald's....well maybe McDonalds is the wrong brand to be compared with because the head of that brand is a clown.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans Empty Re: Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans

Post by pinger Tue 16 Aug 2016, 14:47

I understand Trooper. It's all good.
" There could be someone who knows one of these recipients " Yup, and it's a small world after all.

The part that is not good to me is the PR spin. It pxxxes me off to the extreme. How can these spindoctors live with themselves? Really... are they blind, stupid, or very smart?  What a fracking damn shame.
To me, it only paints them as plastic people for their puppet masters (very plural)

btw, No disrespect to those recognized.
Stay very well all...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Aug 2016, 13:19

He is in photo OP heaven, to the average Canadian he shines in his duties as Minister. We here on CSAT are more informed about the interpretation OR understanding of what's going on here. The offices and the Commendations are an attempt to show Canadians that he is right on top of things, also keeps his boss happy. He is playing the card of photo OPS and cross Country travel which fools a lot of people. Some Veterans want the offices re opened, some see the Commendations as a sign of respect and appreciation, while others have much different priorities such as seeing him engaged directly with the implementations and reporting progress of the workings of the implementations. Like I said before, that's the card his playing, that's his style and there's nothing I see so far that will convince me that he won't continue down that path.

Just so you all know here on CSAT, I post every bit of news I read, I don't agree with a lot of it, but it's news and I think it should be posted for those to judge for themselves. There could be someone who knows one of these recipients of Commendation, like I said some may like the Idea of offices being re opened, in particular the area which is being re opened. It's all news, I just don't want people getting the impression that everything I post, I agree with, but info is info and every little bit counts, whether we agree with it, OR not.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 16 Aug 2016, 11:53

Hi pinger, My sentiments axactly.
But we should remember that some people need that shi* to make them feel good.
And, what a photo op for His Highnass! They are doing so, so much for veterans.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 15 Aug 2016, 21:07

Regarding Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans:

I believe the majority of these recipients have sincere motives and some very personal ones.
Truly.

However, Something is really wrong with this picture to me.

Under the VAC site news releases (for us?) not much ever happens, but look at it today.

5 news releases regarding Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans inside three months?
7 news releases regarding the re-opening of VAC offices inside 3 months?

Far too pompous for me. With all due proper respect to the MVA, he should cork his cakehole, traveling expenses, news releases and truly work on our behalf, quietly, humbly.
With actions. No words.

But....he's just another puppet. Sigh...old news...

I wonder how many recognized Canadians declined the recognition initially?

What if ALL the Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans declined their lapel pins and appreciation ceremony to further the GoC money to veteran causes instead?

I was kinda like in that sit. once. I frackin' ran like hell from that pompous shyte.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans Empty Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 12:53

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans.

Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation presented at a ceremony in Calgary.

August 15, 2016 — Calgary, Alberta

The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Alberta residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada’s Veterans:

Mr. Michael (Wayne) Donner, Medicine Hat, AB
Mr. Richard Dumas, Edmonton, AB
Mr. Michel Jackson, Black Diamond, AB
Mr. Wayne Kennedy, Hinton, AB
Ms. Lisa Peterson, Fox Creek, AB
Mr. Kyle Scott, Whitecourt, AB
Mr. Karel Spykerman, Calgary, AB
Mr. Roderich (Rod) Stewart, Vegreville, AB
Mr. Nick Twyman, Calgary, AB
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada’s Veterans and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.

“Each of the Canadians recognized today serves Canada’s Veterans beyond measure. I applaud their continuing efforts in proudly serving our Veterans. Their tireless sense of care, compassion and respect for Veterans is an invaluable part of the communities of which we are all a part.”

The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1111629

Back to top Go down

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans Empty Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2016, 06:39

Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation presented at a ceremony in Winnipeg

August 7, 2016 — Winnipeg

The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Manitoba residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada’s Veterans:

Mr. David Atwell, Winnipeg, MB
Mr. Walter Delipper, Winnipeg, MB
Ms. Randi Gage, Winnipeg, MB
Mr. Gordon Keatch, Winnipeg, MB
Mr. Harry Lee, Winnipeg, MB
Mr. Archie Londry, Brandon, MB
Ms. Lois Mader, Winnipeg, MB
Mr. Barry Marchand, Winnipeg, MB
Ms. Marjorie Martin, Winnipeg, MB
Mr. Arthur McKinnon, Winnipeg, MB
Ms. Kathleen McKinnon, Winnipeg, MB
Mr. William Tait, Winnipeg, MB
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada’s Veterans and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.

“The individuals recognized today provide immeasurable contributions to the well-being of Canada’s Veterans. I applaud their dedication and devotion in proudly serving our Veterans. Their work allows Veterans to receive the greatest degree of care, compassion and respect possible.”

The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1107919

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 01 Aug 2016, 16:54

Don't understand those 'recognitions'.  Would be better if they refused and expressed their support for all veterans. Including the newest.
Just my 2 cents.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans Empty Yarmouth's Bob Garron receives Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2016, 10:11

Yarmouth's Bob Garron receives Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation.

August 01, 2016

YARMOUTH -- A Yarmouth veteran was in Halifax recently to receive the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation.

Arnold Robert Garron – better known as Bob Garron – is among the 2016 recipients of the commendation. It was presented to him in Halifax by Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr.

Garron is a veteran of the Korean War who served with the Canadian Armed Forces until 1983. He has been a member Royal Canadian Legion Branch 155 for 44 years. In this time, he has held numerous positions, including poppy chairman, service officer, honours and awards, first vice-president and president. He also served as zone commander for six years.

As a strong advocate of remembrance, he assisted a school in his community to set up a memorial cabinet that houses the military memorabilia of local veterans, including some of his own items.

Garron attends all Remembrance Day ceremonies in the community, which includes six schools, four churches, the veterans care facility and a retirement home. He also was chairman of a committee set up to raise funds to purchase a fully accessible van for veterans in the community to attend and participate in community activities. The committee was able to raise enough for the van and also put a significant amount into a maintenance fund.

Garron continues to be highly active with the legion, supporting Remembrance Day ceremonies, Earth Day cleanup and the poppy campaign.

http://www.novanewsnow.com/News/Local/2016-08-01/article-4603290/Yarmouths-Bob-Garron-receives-Minister-of-Veterans-Affairs-Commendation/1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2016, 10:19

Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation presented at a ceremony in Halifax

HALIFAX, July 25, 2016 /CNW/ - The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following New Brunswick and Nova Scotia residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada's Veterans:

Carl Scovil Brown, Hampton, NB
Darryl Cook, Bridgewater, NS
Arnold Robert Garron, Yarmouth, NS
George Wesley Grant, Lawrencetown, NS
Debbie Lowther, Dartmouth, NS
Edward A. Oursien, Beaverbrook, NB
Joseph S. Savoy, Sydney, NS
Michael Simmonds, Pictou, NS
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada's Veterans and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.

Quick facts

The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by Warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
The governing policies call for it to be "...awarded to individuals who have performed commendable service to the Veteran community or individuals who represent commendable role models for their fellow Veterans."
The Commendation consists of a certificate, a lapel pin for civilian wear and a bar for wear with decorations.

"The individuals recognized today have provided immeasurable contributions to the well-being of Canada's Veterans. I applaud their dedication and devotion in proudly serving our Veterans. Their work leaves a positive impact in our communities to allow for the greatest levels of care we can provide."
The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/canadians-recognized-for-their-dedication-to-veterans-588122582.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2016, 15:22

Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation presented at a ceremony in St. John's

ST. JOHN'S, July 6, 2016 /CNW/ - The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Newfoundland and Labrador residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada's Veterans:

Charles Andrews, Port de Grave
George Cake, Corner Brook
Ross Petten, Port de Grave
Ben Rowsell, Corner Brook
James Sheppard, Rencontre East
Dr. Carla Wells, Corner Brook
David Wells, Corner Brook
Garfield Best, Conception Bay South
Gerry Kelly, Conception Bay South
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada's Veterans, and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.

Quick Facts

The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
The governing policies call for it to be "...awarded to individuals who have performed commendable service to the Veteran community or individuals who represent commendable role models for their fellow Veterans."
The Commendation consists of a certificate, a lapel pin for civilian wear and a bar for wear with decorations.

Quotes

"The Canadians being recognized here today have provided immeasurable contributions to the well-being of Canada's Veterans. I applaud their dedication and devotion in proudly serving our Veterans. It is this dedication, day in and day out, that ensures our Veterans are being served with the care, compassion, and respect they so deserve."

The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/canadians-recognized-for-their-dedication-to-veterans-585677401.html

Back to top Go down

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans Empty Barrie's George honoured for work to celebrate peacekeepers

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2016, 14:51

Barrie's George honoured for work to celebrate peacekeepers.

Robert George has been honoured for his work promoting Peacekeepers Park in Angus.

The Canadian Armed Forces veteran was one of 11 people to receive a Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation during a ceremony in Toronto last week.

After 20 years of military service, George returned to Barrie and joined the Canadian Association of Veterans in United Nations Peacekeeping, Central Ontario Chapter, which he now serves as chapter vice-president.

He was the key player in finalizing the 40-year lease for the park with the Township of Essa and the local Royal Canadian Legion branch, the ministry said. He also worked to secure donated building materials and sandbags to construct three symbolic guard posts for the park.

The park aside, George has spoken at high schools on Remembrance

Day and, as a member of the Memory Project, worked to educate students on the role of Canadian peacekeepers.

“The Canadians being recognized here today have provided immeasurable contributions to the well-being of Canada’s Veterans. I applaud their dedication and devotion in proudly serving our veterans,” Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr said.

Created in 2001, the citation is given to people who support to the veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada’s veterans, and dedicating themselves to veteran care.

The Commendation consists of a certificate, a lapel pin for

civilian wear and a bar for wear with decorations.

http://www.simcoe.com/community-story/6735132-barrie-s-george-honoured-for-work-to-celebrate-peacekeepers/

Back to top Go down

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans Empty Canada honours Brampton veterans

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2016, 14:39

Canada honours Brampton veterans.

The Government of Canada has honoured two veterans from Brampton for their invaluable services.

John C. Hymers and Henry F. Verschuren of Brampton are among 11 veterans honoured by the Ministry of Veterans at a ceremony in Toronto recently (June 16).

Gen. (retired) Walt Natynczyk, deputy minister of veterans’ affairs, presented the awards to the recipients on behalf of Minister Kent Hehr for their support to the veteran community.

Both promoted greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada’s veterans, and dedicated themselves to veteran care.

“The Canadians being recognized here today have provided immeasurable contributions to the well-being of Canada’s veterans,” said Hehr in a message. “I applaud their dedication and devotion in proudly serving our veterans. It is this dedication, day in and day out, that ensures our veterans are being served with the care, compassion, and respect they so deserve.”

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news-story/6735602-canada-honours-brampton-veterans/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 06:43

Canadians recognized for their dedication to Veterans.

Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendations presented at a ceremony in Toronto

June 16, 2016 – Toronto, Ontario

The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Greater Toronto Area residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada’s Veterans:

Brenda Butt, Scarborough
Philip Craig, Keswick
Russell T. Falshaw, Milton
Valorie Flynn, Toronto
Thomas Foulds CD, AdeC, Toronto
Robert George CD, Barrie
James R.M. Hubel CD, Scarborough
John C. Hymers, Brampton
Donald W. Kennedy CD, Hamilton
Mary-Lou Oyler, North York
Henry F. Verschuren CD, Brampton
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada’s Veterans, and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.

Quick Facts

The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
The governing policies call for it to be "...awarded to individuals who have performed commendable service to the Veteran community and/or individuals who represent commendable role models for their fellow Veterans."
Quotes
"The Canadians being recognized here today have provided immeasurable contributions to the well-being of Canada’s Veterans. I applaud their dedication and devotion in proudly serving our Veterans. It is this dedication, day in and day out, that ensures our Veterans are being served with the care, compassion, and respect they so deserve."

The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence

Associated Links

List of past recipients: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/commendation

Backgrounder: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/commendation/backgrounder

Contacts
Sarah McMaster
Press Secretary
Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs
613-996-4649

Media Relations
Veterans Affairs Canada
613-992-7468

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1086059

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down