Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global News

2 posters

Go down

Global News Empty Re: Global News

Post by bigrex Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:38

Well, I know that I will be mentioning that we can prove that the Government knew that this was unjust and need to be ceased since at least 2003, when the Ombudsmen released his report, and they still spent $750000 and 5 years in court fighting to keep doing it. I will also point out that any tax penalties will not be covered by the measly 3.27%, and that the Government went into the negotiations knowing that they would get back at least 25% of any settlement in taxes, but still refused to provide any amounts, taxable or not, to compensate us for the pain and suffering that the clawback has caused. There is also the fact that they have gone against what is recognized as the rightful way to calculate interest owed, choosing to further reduce their financial liability by using simple interest rates, effectively lowering interest owed by tens of thousands of dollars for some class members.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:37

There going to go to the judge and say, everyone's happy, yada, yada, nothing can be done !the documents state that if you disagree you have to go thru McInnes Cooper to get your objection to the judge, ha, who would do that, if they put your name on the bad list, you will see your cheque, the last day possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:33

I know Nav. Is that why it did not get done before christmas? And the part about the families being happy was probably referring to the education fund of 10 million. Of which most like myself are at the age that we used our lines of credits to get our kids through college...for me it was 3 kids just finishing college this year so that won't help me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:30

Sparrow, this is over, it's time to move on, everytime we say we want something , the usual answer is , it's not legally allowed, so what did we get , exactly what they wanted to give, so maybe big Rex tv interview can produce something but this thing is not even big news for the media, outside our circle no one cares, after reading Peters affidavit , this deal is it, it's done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:14

Collectively if we are not satisified with the settlement, aside from responding to the lawyer's email provided, what further steps can be taken? We waited this long perhaps waiting longer to make it right may be an option but I am only one person and I know others have their opinions as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:11

And reiterate no damages where ever on the table. Although I understand that this is not unusual in class action suits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:11

and how simply easy it was for the GOC to once again to stick it up our
A%$#@

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:09

Make sure Simple Interest is mentioned!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:07

Make sure you point out that this "theft" of LTD has been happening for almost 40 years even when the insurance company told the GoC it was illegal what they were doing.

Use it as a point as to why the GoC should pay the legal fees instead of injured vets.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 17:54

Good going , Big Rex

Back to top Go down

Global News Empty Global News

Post by bigrex Wed 09 Jan 2013, 17:50

I have been in contact with Global News in Halifax, asking my opinion of the settlement proposal, and they will probably sending someone over tomorrow for an interview. If there are any other Veterans in the area that want their voices heard, let me know and I'll send you my address and a time to be here. The large sum of money given to Dennis by the lawfirm (5x the clawback), in the proposal, excludes him from being the best choice to answer whether or not this is a fair deal or not, since nobody else in the class will be getting 5 times the amount clawed back, even before deductions.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down