Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i would assume when each person calculates amount of retro they should only use DVA pay chart/scale for year of first clawback and every year after that just add 2 % since sisip index system and DVA different.... PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER

4 posters

Go down

i would assume when each person calculates amount of retro they should only use DVA pay chart/scale for year of first clawback and every year after that just add 2 % since sisip index system and DVA different....    PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER Empty Re: i would assume when each person calculates amount of retro they should only use DVA pay chart/scale for year of first clawback and every year after that just add 2 % since sisip index system and DVA different.... PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER

Post by Nemo Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:24

The way they calculate inflation is a total joke. CPI is used to index all types of pensions we get (tho SISIP limits their max to 2% so if inflation was 10%, u would lose a lot with sisip.) and CPI does NOT reflect true inflation. If one goes to when I got out in 96, CF pensions would have been indexed close to 30%. But as all of u know, the real cost of living has increased much more than 30% in the last 17 years. 16 years ago, I paid about 60 bucks per month for heat and power. Now it is 250 per month. I paid 25 bucks for house insurance and now it is just over 100 bucks. And the list goes on......

It is time the govt started really calculating the real rate of inflation.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

i would assume when each person calculates amount of retro they should only use DVA pay chart/scale for year of first clawback and every year after that just add 2 % since sisip index system and DVA different....    PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER Empty Re: i would assume when each person calculates amount of retro they should only use DVA pay chart/scale for year of first clawback and every year after that just add 2 % since sisip index system and DVA different.... PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER

Post by MaggieinNB Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:59

wow, some of those years are really pitiful... Hard to believe that the cost of living only increased .25% in 2010.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:53

1985 - 1996 ----- was 2.00% all the way
1997 ----- 1.50%
1998 ----- 1.75%
1999 ----- 0.75%
2000 ----- 2.00%
2001 ----- 2.00%
2002 ----- 1.90%
2003 ----- 2.00%
2004 ----- 1.60%
2005 ----- 2.00%
2006 ----- 2.00%
2007 ----- 0.90%
2008 ----- 2.00%
2009 ----- 2.00%
2010 ----- 0.25%
2011 ----- 2.00%
2012 ----- 2.00%
2013 ----- 1.25%

For Country
Recon031

Last edited by Recon031 on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BACHDATE TO 1985)

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:47

The percentage is different every year, like this year it is 1,25 percent, got that Friday from SISIP,

Chears!!!!
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:15

According to the CPI I just added 2% each year to my income. Its still a guess.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down