Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawback

2 posters

Go down

Clawback Empty Re: Clawback

Post by beleaf67 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 01:56

Abbynormal, your situation sounds too general in order to make any rational recommendations. It's very difficult to tell if you are entitled to or already have SISIP, exactly what the parameters of your situation is, or for that matter, what type of release you were let go on! I don't need your information, but if I were you, in order to clarify your situation, I would call the law firm just to see if your name is on the list. Sound good at this stage?

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 21:45

Jesus pte.adams you're a freakin walkin dictionary of science

Proud to make the acquaintance of another Newfie

For Country
Recon031

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 21:42

Red wine can fight radiation sickness

Washington: Scientists have found that an antioxidant found in red wine, grapes and nuts - a substance similar to resveratrol - could protect against radiation sickness.

The finding is a major achievement, given the ongoing concerns about radiation exposure from the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan.

Michael Epperly, Kazunori Koide and colleagues explained that radiation exposure, either from accidents or from radiation therapy for cancer, can make people sick. High doses can even cause death.

The researchers studied whether resveratrol — a natural and healthful antioxidant found in many foods — could protect against radiation injuries.

They found that resveratrol protected cells in flasks but did not protect mice from radiation damage.

However, the similar natural product called acetyl resveratrol did protect the irradiated mice.

It also can be produced easily in large quantities and given orally.

The study appeared in ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters.

ANI

pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 21:39

Drink lots of red wine. I'm not trying to be funny.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Clawback Empty Clawback

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 08:51

Edit/Delete this post

clawback

Post by abbynormal Yesterday at 17:21
I left the military 1999 and got disability when I was released. My pension has not changed significantly since then but my disability benefit has changed each year with the cost of living. I also have a chronic very uncomfortable skin condition which developed after Chernobile nuclear fire in 1986, I am unable to work outside and have an increased risk of cancer. The doc said it would not contribute to my disability but it certainly has. I have been violently ill at times if I see the sun and this has limited my ability to live my life normally. Anyone have this experience? Anyone know who to talk to over and above the usual ones that take care of your files?

I also do not know how to tell if my pension was clawed back from my pay, that would have happened from the get go and I am not getting any answers from the people that take care of my paperwork. How do you find this information out??

This is all a bit over the top but I certainly would like some answers

abbynormal

Number of posts: 1
Registration date: 2013-01-13

View user profile Send private message

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down