Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Info If You Decide to Opt Out

Go down

Important Info If You Decide to Opt Out Empty Re: Important Info If You Decide to Opt Out

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:21

That is waht I tried to explain a wile ago, It will become a personnel venture and sence this case was settled out of court all fies pertaning to this case can not be used. I recommed think this over well before taking a dicission. Good luck to all!

Back to top Go down

Important Info If You Decide to Opt Out Empty Important Info If You Decide to Opt Out

Post by Teentitan Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:12

Got this email from Peter today about opting out....

Just a heads up that based on recent emails from the Feds, we have confirmed that those who opt out of the class action will NOT, be paid. For example, those Class members between 1976 and 1985 will not be paid a refund until the opt out period of 60 days from February 14 expires To ensure only those who remain in the litigation get paid. Those who Opt out will not be paid.

I note this because I recall a discussion on CSAT encouraging members to opt out and get paid by Manulife in any event. The GOC will not pay these members as they will not have received a release from them for future litigation. These members will be left to litigate against the GOC on their own if they opt out.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down