Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who believes this is a done deal?

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who believes this is a done deal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who believes this is a done deal?

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 18:01

So true, RR, So true

Back to top Go down

Who believes this is a done deal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who believes this is a done deal?

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 17:59

sorry rags the actual payment of fees did not have to be decided in court today and while we wait, the game of cat and mouse begins between the court and the GOC, this is where the press either has a hay day with the actions of our MND or this becomes simply known as a pay day for the veterans and the legal team cannot put a spin on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:51

Close mfors, they are out until the 25th, so if only takes 1 week for the decision to come out than you will be correct.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:35

i think parliment is going on break till after judge makes decision

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:20

It was never going to go our way unless the judge refuses the deal and the parties would have to go back and negotiate, that has not occurred yet as we wont know for a few weeks. But my humble opinion is that the deal will go through just barely.

So it is probably not going to occur where GOC offers to pay. That had to occur in the negotiations or at trial.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:15

I guess that fight won't be over until the cheques get issued. Until that moment, everyone of us, the media and opposition parties, should be putting pressure on the Tories to back up their claims of support for Veterans with action and to offer to pay whatever legal fees are decided by the judge.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:09

Guess we watch to many US court room drama's and our court rooms are not like theirs. Heck, you get thrown in jail if you approach the bench.

Thanks for the info, Rags, we had a caring Judge.

Not sure what to think, with reference to GOC paying our legal bills. Is it a dead item now?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:08

Yes, too bad, but by time everything was done, it was all I could just to make it back to my car. When I got home and medicated myself, I was so out of it I fell asleep and didn't wake up until this morning.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:04

Peeps,

I was so impressed with the Judge. He did read all the letters and he commented on all the key points he got from the letters he even challenged and questioned the lawyers and presenters on the content of those letters that impacted the class. He was very concerned and he had great questions and challenges to the lawyers.
It was never and is not a done, but I have a different view of some issues now that I have heard the Judges comments and lawyers answers to him why it is the way it is.

Some issues I was critical of I have a better understanding of now and understand why things may go a specific way on decision. And in other areas I was vindicated. So it was a great and positive 2 days. May not be perfect but it is getting there.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:01

And thank all of you that were their and spoke!
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:58

I want to thank you for your comments to the judge. I am so impressed with everyone who took the time to say there piece. And especially to guys like you who have to struggle to just get to the hearing.

Ever letter had an impact that defined an issue or pointed out a concern. The proof was in the Judges questions and concerns to all who stood in the front.

Last edited by Rags on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 16:02; edited 1 time in total

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:55

Ah too bad I did not get a chance to say hi and chat.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:54

I had feeling you were based on your arguments. Iwas the second speaker, you know the extremely svelte character with the walker. You might not have seen me because at certain angles, I'm all but invisible, lol.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:11

Yes

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:09

Rags, were you the gentleman with the long gray hair that spoke near the end?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next