Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have silence once more and it moves me, thank you too all that fought the fight

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I have silence once more and it moves me, thank you too all that fought the fight Empty Re: I have silence once more and it moves me, thank you too all that fought the fight

Post by rucksack031 Sat 16 Feb 2013, 18:18

Thanks for your words of encouragement brother i will ensure i pass on your message to him and his family steve, i wont put his name out there out of respect of his wishes, it hit like a ton of bricks we have been so close for 33yrs and yet he is handling this with grace, and like you, allways thinking of others which is so humbling.Steve he believes he knows you he did his jump crse in 84 then we went to cyprus and so on. See people you can have an opinion and still have a HUGE HEART thanks Brother PRO PATRIA: PS STEVE i see and hope im right you chat with Navrat who lives in hamilton? well if true maybe i can get in contact next time im in Hamilton, as my friend lives off of upper wentworth 2 min from the legion.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

I have silence once more and it moves me, thank you too all that fought the fight Empty Re: I have silence once more and it moves me, thank you too all that fought the fight

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 16:26

I hope and pray that our brother finds peace in his remaining time on the battlefield Rucksack031 and I know he is in good hands please put my words of encouragement to good use. PRO PATRIA BROTHER YOUR SERVICE NEVER FORGOTTEN, and thank you for being the one that understands it is not about me, over and never out (back at ya)

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Sat 16 Feb 2013, 15:04

Hey RR dont keep silent, sorry i have been back and forth to Hamilton helping a ex RcR and his family as he was diagnosed with termial cancer, I am ensureing all his paper work is in order. Robbie i now have time to read alot of posts, I feel your pain brother and i know where you thoughts and opinions come from,the heart,some like to feather it some like to write in bold, what i would like those out there to understand ,is that from your time in service and now a retired VET your sole objective was nerver ever about one -self but rather others, at times we must read between the lines and ask the hard Q and you have done that brother ,those of us who know you understand ,you have never been about one-self but what can i do for the troops allyways has and allway will and be proud of that. We must remember what this site was set up for, passage of info, respect of one thoughts and opinion weather one agrees or not. Its like i have tought my young adult kids if u believe in something stand up and have a voice, and defend your thoughts and ideas and dont back or let someone tell you who your are or about. I would also like to thank all those who went on our behalf to halifax and sent back updates to the troops job well done. Also for those who set this site up amazing, just think about it thousands of us who have been in are own darkness for years now see some light, not just over the law case, but to know there are so many of us,by the stroke of a key board can reach out to one another in time of need and no amount of money can buy that type of help. I hope after this is all over this site remains. RR I hope today is a little brighter brother for you and yes i have your 6 and the door is allways open if you need to get away. For the love and respect for all VETS GOD BLESS ALL . Rucksack031 over but never out ( PS RR I REMEMBERD LOL)
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 14:54

Vall/RR to bad you both didnt get to Halifax ....I would have loved to hear both your reflections ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 14:51

Dear RR

You wrote a very nice postmortem. I feel, reading it, a sense of calm and transcendence. This lawsuit has been extremely difficult for all of us. Involve or not. For some, they have the chance of being able to detach themselves. For most, it got really emotional and difficult to control. It was for me anyway on a day to day basis. I can’t imagine for those like Dennis and Ron who gave us this voice on this forum.

After all this, I sincerely believe that all those who got involved made a difference. Because all the points conveyed to the court by most of us: on this Blog, by our letters or by a presentations at the hearing, has had its impact for the judge. That is why he needs time to re-consider those points and their impact on his judgment.

We will get the judgment in a few weeks, but I am certain that the difference we all made will be far from being elusive. It will be a tangible benefit for all of us.

Cheers RR

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 14:38

Sadly, RR, my field was intelligence, yours was on the front, In that area I do not measure up, I always believed the true intelligence and facts came from the front line troops, not a paper report on my desk, thus I will always tip my hat to you and your men, I am proud to have served alongside you in this battle since May on CSAT, the pleasure has been all mine!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 14:24

Navrat you will always have a huge place right here brother and I thank you for your voice you have taken it on the chin as well my brother but your still fighting the fight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 14:14

Wow, RR, that letter really got to me, I would have paid for you to come to Halifax! Alot of this since May has not been right, including the gag order , which caused most discussion about our case to cease when we as class members should have at least been asked what is important for us. Communication with the firm and who falls into what category could have been better explained. The whole culture of the disabled veteran, we are used to fighting for every scrap and are scared to rock the boat believing our benefits are in danger. I believe most veterans got scared, me included, thinking that no way was the GOC going to give us anything so it's better to accept a few dollars than risk the fight.its about a bunch of guys beaten down , scared , and just wanting to survive. Great letter from one of the great heroes of CSAT , thanks again RR

Back to top Go down

I have silence once more and it moves me, thank you too all that fought the fight Empty Considering all this we still won and we are better off than we were!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:45

I have a sixth sense at times ...I get strong vibes from people ...I can tell when I am being mislead and when people are not honorable ...

My humble Impression: (as if it matters)

Justice Barnes - Gets it! -Thank God! (he truly has the power now)

MC and Staff -feels it and wants to truly help but they struggle with human nature and the gravy dish - (Save one Kristine Hunter is deeply affected for the right reasons)

The disabled veterans - Know it, live it and survive it!

Considering all this we still won and we are better off than we were!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:21

I agree it is a win but as my post states it is a win for whom. I can be very straight to the point and I am glad we have unofficially won but those 15 votes of displeasure that is not a win and win is not being afraid to speak or hide in shame, my health will be fine and as you see I do not hide. My name is attached fully on all my posts. I really appreciate your concern for my health sincerely and honestly this is not intended to be ignorant and I will be fine. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:16

RR one more point this Sisip class action suit is a win ......But as you know there is many more points, issues for vets left to fight for .....I am worried about your health and I want you to rejoice just for a small moment in time....
I swear you would have been proud of all of us there in Halifax! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:13

thanks 1onlyWish i have already been very pro-active with this and have sent out letters that where included in the court registry and have also been in touch with the office of our PM and MND

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:11

Ok Sparrow what does that have to do with this thread, no one is saying anything that would require a response such as yours?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:04

;

Last edited by Sparrow. on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next