Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nova Scotia House of The Assembly - Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs - With Reference To The Sisip Ltd Law Suit

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nova Scotia House of The Assembly - Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs - With Reference To The Sisip Ltd Law Suit - Page 2 Empty Re: Nova Scotia House of The Assembly - Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs - With Reference To The Sisip Ltd Law Suit

Post by Teentitan Mon 11 Mar 2013, 20:04

So to educate oneself don't we need a teacher? Oh yeah that teacher is no longer offering instructions.

And if I remember correctly the offer to explain how the class action lawsuit will move forward, legal work etc was somehow not accepted...even after repeated requests.

So I find the comments by Mr. Manuge very disturbing. One thing though at least he spoke eloquently at the provincial standing committee then he did at the Senate Standing Committee 4 years ago.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Nova Scotia House of The Assembly - Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs - With Reference To The Sisip Ltd Law Suit - Page 2 Empty Re: Nova Scotia House of The Assembly - Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs - With Reference To The Sisip Ltd Law Suit

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 18:46

LOL wolves in sheeps clothing azzholes!!!!!
If you were going to take advantage of those injured at least have the kahuna's to look at us while doing so. I bought into the whole thing too. I was played like a well tuned instrument. I had less stress when, I wasn't lied too for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 18:32

Man, I would have loved to have sent the Veterans committee some of the transcripts from Dennis's rages and meltdowns on CSAT , then they would know the true Manuge effect!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 11 Mar 2013, 17:57

Tracker, that is part of the problem, those of us who have actually studied the case law, realize just how we have been shafted, not only by the GoC, but by our lawyers who obviously didn't demand a more satisfactory deal. If I can see the disparity between the other class actions settled out of court by the GoC, then surely our lawyers would have seen it, but they knew that even without pushing the envelope, they were going to have a huge payday just based on the retro amounts, so why risk prolonging the negotiations by demanding anything substantial. The lawyers actually preferred us to remain blissfully unaware, so that they could steal 66 million and keep us smiling.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 17:38

Given them 7% or even 10% as long as it is not on the monies going forward
or on the people that follow.
Be done with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 17:36

Exert from denis
"It’s virtually impossible to cram the amount of learning, reading and understanding that I had to do - not necessarily had to but wanted to do, so I was very well prepared to be the representative plaintiff. I can’t very well go and say to the class members, in particular the few folks who are unhappy, go do your homework, come back and talk to me when you’ve done your homework. That’s not fair for me to say but I can tell you that it has run through my mind a few times because it was an incredible amount of work for me."

Hmm ... seems i remember him making that very comment many times on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 17:09

Navrat wrote:Really , what would be a fair amount?

Not more than 5%.

Really, in the 20M range.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 11 Mar 2013, 17:07

The retro amount is around $440 million. I think 2% is really unbelievable which is $8.8 million unless they want 30% of Dennis's retro which is $3000 considering he is the one who hired the law firm and they are only working for him , the rest of us joined in the law suit bringing them money.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 17:00

Really , what would be a fair amount?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 11 Mar 2013, 16:58

I am not unhappy , I am just intellegent enough to know that taking legal fees for going forward payments from the retro of people who are not getting going forward payments is just as illegal as clawing back VAC pensions as income , which is not taxed and therefore not income , which the GOC did.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 16:46

the average ammount payed in a class action useing MC own numbers is just over 5 and a quarter million.i know i did the math.why is that not mentioned.bs spinn bs.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 11 Mar 2013, 16:42

If Dennis thinks $66 million is well deserved then he is an idiot and I said IF.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 16:35

Crapola!

I can GUARANTEE you that there are NOT 7480 people HAPPY with this deal. 7500 is a number pulled off a computer at Veterans' Affairs.

I know FOR A FACT, that there are at least FIVE more people that are not happy with this deal, because they qualify as part of the class but have NOT heard about it from any other source but MYSELF, after speaking with them directly.

What a sickening spin money grubbing scum are putting on all of this.

I have NEVER, not even ONCE, complained about paying FAIR tax on my retro, only that it's NOT fair to have to pay tax PENALTIES based on a situation that was COMPLETELY the result of GOVERNMENT ineptitude.

Man, am I smoking right now, this is NOT a good deal, there is a very small part of the class for which this IS a good deal. For long time retro's, they're gonna get smoked on penalties, for going forwards, if the lawfirm has their way, they're gonna pay fees on money they may never receive.

Crapola!

Edited:

I would say further that there are probably in excess of 2000 people, included in the lawyers' 7500 that are completely clueless to this case even going on. Although my sample size is small, of people who 'qualify' for this, more than not don't even know that this is happening. So, to outwardly state that there are only 20 people that are unhappy with this deal, well, that's just the stuff my horses laying out after having mowed all day long. Bald face lies, unless these claimants have 7500 affadavits to back them up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 16:33

As long as we make out good F the rest. Lets close this deal damages well F damages you good I am good lets close this deal.

Half trues and lies #1 moto to live by Lead signs we live with his decision. Was it good for them well of course F the rest.

We will see how many people care when the truth comes out it always does there will be no hiding.

A lot of finger pointing this whole ride sucks when you stuck in the trunk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 16:30

well when it comes to uneducated id have to say that we here on csat are among the moast educated on this issue.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next