Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

+20
prawnstar
pinger
johnny211
RCN-Retired
loggie
OldZipperhead
tinybubbles
Jeffery M
Recon031
ghillie
Dove96
DeeCee
rucksack031
Rifleman
meathead
sailor964
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
Teentitan
bigrex
24 posters

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS - Page 16 Empty Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 13:53

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 23 Jul 2014, 12:57

Artysim with a rock

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 22:00

damn bastards forgot what bait is lol gonna use the ole fashion method, plug yar ears bouys lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:07

Busy sure fish must be jumping in the boat RR YOUR TO FUNNY waiting for next post

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 08:21

Just dropping a line for my brothers and sisters out there, haven't forgotten you and I am working on some new material so stay tunes. Been damn busy ok lol, stay frosty you buggers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 11:05

out

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 15:07; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 May 2014, 14:23

out

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 15:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Feb 2014, 20:28

hey rucksack you nailed it as usual

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 28 Feb 2014, 19:17

That makes two votes some very good points Rucksack glad two see your back hope all is well

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Feb 2014, 16:31

Rucksack you got my vote for MP! I like what you said!

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 13:48

Hello fellow Vets it sure has been a long time since my last visit here. I have only rencently been able to read and actually comprehend and digest the many great posts on which affect us all. well enough on that, I sure hope that many were able to do many things after receiving there retro that have eluded many for years and forge ahead in life. We have come along way and unfortunately many more hurdles to jump, and jump we will but our pace. I dont have the answers as to what should or should not be done on our behalf, but like most just some common sense approaches, just my thoughs after talking to so many as of late. We can go back and forth on what each and every political party will say or not say to appease us, this to me is just lip service, as at the end of the day its allways about the money regardless of who is in charge, and far to often not whats best for the vets with the amount of funds available. IN my view without slaming those in a position to make a diffrence, I ask myself what would i do, sound familiar, 1, add more front line workers, not enough, and allow them to do there job as most want to, but are being dictated again because of money to either deni, or not inform the vets on possible programs that may be available to them. (2) A simple way to save money even with in the budget and still able to provide vets with benifits, Stop with the constant paper work after a vet has be approved, this adds so much stress to all vets, it gives a constant on guard appoach of constantly proving themselfs over and over, millions annually wasted just in paper.(3) We need to stop the feeling most vets feel that if they dont see a dr constantly because of buracracy that they may loose or drop down in benifits, now just imagine if for EX 10,000 vets were able to cut there dr visits in half without the constant fear of loosing benifits, again the millions to be saved and put forward for the next Vet, and most i have talked to would agree and this should not ever make a vet feel less intitaled, so some times less is more. (4) We can save millions and millions on prescribe Medications,YEARLY ,there is times where vets become so dilluted being told to take the constant cocktail of dugs, and this what will help our issues, then on the other side we have policies dictating that or this is not approved, more stress yet again another dr appt more money again wasted, dont get me wrong I do understand when it comes to controlled medications there have to be fail safes in place, must be a easer fix ie dr to dva direct instead of finding out when you get to the pharmacy. doesnt to to good on a friday night after 4. (5) More millions to be saved on meds alone each year, there are many who with out a doubt would love to try and come off there meds but dont or they still get them but choose not to take them because of the fear once again that god forbid they might starting feeling a bit better and if there DR wrights down my paitent did beter this month, that once again they feel what they have fought so long for may be taken away, more stress once again, and remember that just because a Vet would like to try going threw life without meds, Does not by any means the idividual is cured, just wants to try a diffrent path, and should not ever be made to feel less intitaled for choosing so, remember relapse is always a posiblity. So this is what somes up what i have sent to my MP, and shall see. Sorry for being long winded, it has taken one self a few hours to post this from bed to back up an so on, i hope this make sense, what my goal is to have it in writing with no grey area that once a Vet has walked the guantlet and approved that it will be there for life and not just lip service. ps CONSULT your Dr before you change anything. RUCKSACK 031 OVER BUT NEVER OUT.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 09:53

Please refrain from calling me a cynic or someone that lacks any conventional thought process because I fail to buy into the opinions, tips and strategies designed to preserve one’s self through motivational technics, spiritual meditation, nutrition, dietary supplements and the ever favorable ditching the “Bucket of Amphetamines” to combat the PTSD battle. Just a thought here but would it not be more advantageous to stop pointing the drug induced finger at our employer or their Insurance Providers and collectively table new initiatives designed to reflect treatment in the 21rst Century. Look, very intelligent lawyers so elegantly write the very policies that delay or for better words cause a standstill when dealing with the mental health rehabilitation of our soldiers and veterans through ridiculous measures designed to give entitlements depending on how serious your signs and symptoms are, incidentally that would include the copious amount of cocktails your are prescribed. The more you stuff down your throat your entitlements become more lucrative and as we know lucrative pay the bills. Bottom line is we do not have to turn our soldiers or veterans into drug dependent zombies but we do have to ask our military and veteran advocacy organizations to table initiatives designed to stop the “prescription theory” after all what hired organizations are financially benefitting from this source of treatment, and it is not the soldier or veteran?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 09:33

Todays Rant
Are there better systems or treatments for Canadian Veterans that this Government will not entertain?

My views,
Cognitive authenticity versus a world of drug induced hysteria a no-brainer when struggling with your demons. Thought process created through a prescription-regulated regiment creates an environment that requires validity by virtually rehearsing the stressors that took you to this level of treatment in the first place, they like the drug induced environment become convoluted and at best an inaccurate source of treatment.
This in itself is the worse form of self-loathing and the creator and manifestation of social disorders that hinder any form of conscious recovery. However developing a thought process without drug intervention allows reality to seek truths within those fears or demons by simply allowing the person to develop survival strategies utilizing a clear thought process.
Yes initially the detoxification of this environment is unstable and without doubt the most volatile phase of treatment, however would it not be more beneficial to administer intervention through observation than to simply hand a soldier a bucket of amphetamines and send them home to bake in the hypocritical oven the health providers control through your employer DND? A support system free of narcotics would denounce the pockets of a system that feed on our soldiers and financially strap our veterans due to non-policy treatment criteria. Seriously who would the government allow to evaluate a problem through the stringent guidelines they put on these mental health care professionals? Just look at how many psychiatric and psychological associates DND has been able to retain compared to the numbers that have left insisting they cannot assist a soldier if DND is unable to provide to most appropriate assistance. VAC, DND and the LTD Insurance partners (SISIP/Manulife) that DND hire to provide LTD benefits for our soldiers and Veterans should be researching these criteria and honestly provide valid reasons why they will or will not provide these avenues for our soldiers.

Observation, the hand that hire these professional mental health doctors to administer their law, (The National Defense Act) belong to the same hand that admits that the current policies are working and they will extend health care even further. WOW Sir Sam Hughes where are you now bring your Ross Rifle and that damn McAdam Shovel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 12:13

out

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 15:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 06:37

This is from a soldier currently serving in our military and yes a friend of mine, he posted this on FB.

Wanna watch some bull shit. If this chick has PTSD than I am the fucking Pope. It is people like this that make a bad name for soldiers who have PTSD.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/air-canada-apologizes-for-telling-soldier-with-ptsd-her-service-dog-not-welcome-1.1637453

This was my response.

Jeremy I am beginning to ascertain that you’re than less tolerant with the label of PTSD than actually those that suffer from this mental health issue. I agree that there are those that suffer in the most severe way possible and yet they appear to be the ones that fail to retain the appropriate guidance. I do not believe that you can judge the soldier for taking the individual means to diminish her symptoms that enable her to retain a certain Quality of Life. She sought out reasonable techniques to preserve her dignity by the use of a companion dog that is more than most have accomplished. Sorry Jeremy but you got this wrong, you should be applauding this soldier as she has paved a brighter path for others by being brave enough to go and get help and demand answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next