Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspicious Behavior

+2
bigrex
TripleT
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Suspicious Behavior - Page 2 Empty Re: Suspicious Behavior

Post by 1993firebird Fri 19 Apr 2013, 08:54

I do not think I was missed as I contacted the Law Firm and SISIP about my situation , I do however think that me paying legal fees to a law firm that has done fuck all for me is absurd.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Fri 19 Apr 2013, 07:47

Thanks everyone for your input. I will follow your advice propat and send MC my letters.

peep said: I was told the same word for word. I sent in my medical report just now and was excepted(accepted?).....was this medical report you speak of given to you by your doctor?.... and who did you give it too, SISIP or MC?

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 19 Apr 2013, 05:00

Me too , thanks

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 18 Apr 2013, 22:49

Well Firebird, if I were you, I'd be taking the 24 months and then asking for the adjudicator to decide on reinstatement. Most of the Zero sum clients are in the exact same boat as you. Why would they complete the medicals, out of their own pocket, if there was no financial gain? So most did not complete the paperwork, had their files closed for non compliance, some have even told SISIP to F off over the paperwork, but still were reinstated once the case was won because they called SISIP and explained that they have been unable to work, and in receipt of CPP(D), or other proxy. That was why they gave that 6 months of benefits for zero sum clients. It was to provide them with the opportunity to provide evidence that they are totally disabled. Unfortunately, it sounds like you were simply missed, so the only way to go is forward. It will all work out eventually, I'm sure.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 18 Apr 2013, 20:18

I agree according to the settlement.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 19:34

That does not sound right!

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 18 Apr 2013, 19:06

I am not entitled to benefits from manulife as I am not tpi because they had no paperwork from me medically.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 18 Apr 2013, 18:58

I contacted mc in dec of 2011 and contacted sisip when mc said to.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 18 Apr 2013, 16:47

From the Leavenovetbehind website:

Payments to “Zero Sum” Members to Commence October 22, 2012
Oct 15, 2012

After further negotiations with the Department of Justice we are pleased to announce that payments to “zero sum” members will commence on October 22, 2012, and will be completed no later than November 9, 2012.

“Zero sum” members are those members of the class who have received nothing from SISIP LTD due to the deduction of their VAC disability payments.

Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you follow all of the steps outlined below. These steps are described as agreed with the Department of Justice.

Starting no later than October 22, 2012, monthly SISIP LTD benefits will be paid to those zero sum claimants identified by Manulife Financial as being entitled to benefits and whose file has been closed for more than two years due to the Pension Act offset. The issuing of the cheques by Manulife Financial will be completed no later than November 9, 2012. The effective date of the payments will be October 1, 2012.

These monthly LTD payments will be made on a without prejudice basis for an initial period of 90 days until February 8, 2013. Without prejudice means that you will be paid benefits pending the processing of your file by Manulife Financial as outlined below. There are no guarantees that the benefits will continue unless you qualify under the terms of the policy as adjudicated by Manulife under this process."

Maybe the problem was that you didn't contact SISIP or MC to ensure that they had you on their lists early enough. but when it is all said and done, you should still fall into Group B of the proposal, which are those zero sum members who's files were closed due to failing to complete the paperwork required, for no other reason than the clawback. It will make things much easier if you also get EIA, or PIA for a disability that you had while on SISIP.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 18 Apr 2013, 15:55

Where is it stated that zero sums not tpi get money since October of last year?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 18 Apr 2013, 15:52

I contacted both long ago.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 14:51

Firebrand you need to contact sisip and law firm, ASAP

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 18 Apr 2013, 13:44

I am unemployed and not deemed totally disabled by SISIP as I was not assessed for TPI due to not sending in medical documentation before my 24 months were up because my VAC amount was more than my SISIP amount so I would not get any money from SISIP anyway. I am 110% disabled with Veterans Affairs and I have not dealt with CCP(D) at all. I am only a 24 month and I am zero sum but am not receiving any money from SISIP currently so I am wondering where this information is coming from because it is not happening for me.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 13:13

I think that is a good idea, Big Rex, in your case it's clear it progressed to full disability, plus if approved you will get ful retro up to today's date, not just two years!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 18 Apr 2013, 12:20

Firebird, are you totally disabled and unemployable? If you are, then you should get that money, but if you aren't, you would have only lost it off your retro anyways. I'm only a 24 month client, but wasn't zero summed, but am going to be asking for the third party adjudicator to look into my case anyways, because the medical conditions that have caused me to be TPI and getting EELB and PIA, were present and documented while receiving SISIP.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: