Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspicious Behavior

+2
bigrex
TripleT
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Suspicious Behavior - Page 3 Empty Re: Suspicious Behavior

Post by peep Thu 18 Apr 2013, 11:47

TrippleT,

I was told the same, word for word. I sent in my medical report just now, and I was excepted. Go figure.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:30

I am zero sum and have not received any monthly money since Oct. of last year. I am 24 month retro only as I did not submit medical information due to VAC amount being more than SISIP amount. So this did not take place for me.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:14

Not sure how it will work now, but when the monthly payments started back up in October, everyone who was zero sum clients were supposed to receive that money for 6 months, and in the interim, go through the process to determine if they qualify for reinstatement of benefits. if they did, the monthly cheques would keep coming, and if they no longer met the criteria, the money that they received would be deducted from their retro lump sum. But it doesn't sound like TTT received anything from SISIP since being removed initially. This is why he needs to contact SISIP and Peter, because it sounds like he fell through the many cracks in the system.

But on a side note. He is a perfect example of how there are Veterans out there that are STILL not aware of the lawsuit, and/or if it affects them. If TTT hadn't come on here, he may never had realized that he was entitled to this money, because the law firm certainly isn't being very open for communication.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:02

bigrex,

you mentioned that zero sum members who did not submit medical documentation to SISIP before the 24 month period ended for review for LTD benefits beyond 24 months are considered permanently disabled until SISIP receives documentation and a decision is made. Do you know if that means zero sum members will receive going forward payments and if determined TPI will get to keep the money and continue forward payments and if not TPI will have to pay it back?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 18 Apr 2013, 09:35

Also, I believe, you can present your information to the Adjudicator. So ask the law firm if you can get your name on that list.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 18 Apr 2013, 08:10

Triple T, you are definitely a member of the class if your SISIP was reduced because of a disability pension from VAC, and it sounds very much like you should be able to be reinstated. The proposal states that everyone who were zeroed out due to their PA pension, and failed to submit medicals due to not getting any funds from SISIP, will be treated as if permanently disabled until updated medicals can be submitted.

You should call SISIP to see if you are on any of their lists for reinstatement, but if you are not, there will be a third party adjudicator that will assess your case, at the GoC expense, to determine if you are entitled to future benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 07:57

tripple you call MC and keep calling until you talk to peter.while you are doing this copy all thoes letters and send them to peter regitered mail with a written cronalogy of events as stated above.also email all of that stuff as well.

allways question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Suspicious Behavior - Page 3 Empty Suspicious Behavior

Post by TripleT Thu 18 Apr 2013, 07:37

Hi, I just found out about Class Action. I have made a few attempts to contact the lawyers to see if I am a member. So far all I got was an e-mail from Kristine Hunter telling me if my SISIP LTD benefits were reduced to zero due to offset of VAC benefits then I am a member. I have had no other contact with the lawyers since that e-mail. I attempted to contact SISIP to see if I am on their list. After 3 attempts, I finally talked to someone who told me that I will receive retro for 24 months. I explained to the nice lady that I think I fall into the group that was eligible for continued benefits past 24 months but I "did not comply with the request for additional medical and financial information because I wasn't going to get anything from SISIP. After waiting for 10 minutes on the phone, another lady informed me that SISIP had determined that I wasn't eligible for continued benefits past 24 months and my file had been closed. She said that I had 12 months to appeal that decision and unfortunately that period was long past. I fought back the urge to call her a liar because I have in front of me all papers I received from SISIP LTD and there is one paper dated 3 months before my 24 months was up that states, I quote,

" A complete review of your SISIP LTD claim has now been completed.

Information on file indicates that your circumstances and medical condition remain unchanged and continue to support your eligibility for continued SISP LTD benefits.

I have also in my possession, 5 letters from SISIP, after the one I quoted above, all of them requesting Attending Physicians Statement (APS) in order to process my claim for continued SISIP LTD benefits. The last letter I received fro SISIP, which was dated 4 months after the 24 month period ended stating, and I quote:

Unfortunately we have not yet received your completed Application for Continued Benefits (ACB) or Attending Physicians Statement (APS) As such, in the absence of this information, we are unable to complete your claims review. If you have not already done so, please complete ACB and return it to our office without delay.

I am pretty certain that I would have been eligible for continued benefits had I completed the ACB. To hear the lady at SISIP tell me that I didn't meet eligibility for continued benefits is bogus. Will the lawyers represent me to appeal this? The Final Order from the judge states in section 16d that members have until 30 April 2013 to forward additional medical and financial information. I am really beginning to panic now. I sent an e-mail to McInness Cooper explaining what I just told you and I have not received a reply. Is there anyone out there in the same situation and how did you resolve this problem!?

I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Thank You

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: