Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the settlement a new gag order, why are we in the dark again

3 posters

Go down

Is the settlement a new gag order, why are we in the dark again Empty Re: Is the settlement a new gag order, why are we in the dark again

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013, 14:13

You are very correct Navrat but for some reason our position within the class action ie where my file is as we talk is none of my business and how they at SISIP conduct post settlement drills again is not my concern however they do have 6 months to comply with the federal court order, yup sounds about right to me I am just where I started when I got involved as a well informed mushroom when this became a class action suit, sure do miss Dennis and all his great advise,

Back to top Go down

Is the settlement a new gag order, why are we in the dark again Empty Re: Is the settlement a new gag order, why are we in the dark again

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013, 12:58

I can't understand why everyone thinks that we have no right to know what is in our sisip file, amounts , calculations, etc. Doesn't that information belong to us! We have given way too many rights away and I think Rags is correct. I asked my cm at sisip when I first called , and they gave me the whole official line about privacy , then I asked her who does the information belong to, and she said me, there was a pause, then she told me anyone can request their file just by making a written request.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 27 Apr 2013, 11:52

Just poor performance by legal team. If they were my team id fire them for performance. The court action was simple they did a good job of that. Their action after settlement and during negotiations has been extremely poor. Nothing new here that they refuse to consult and advise the members of the class.
Any middle management staffy could have done this better. A simple detailed letter of how this all unfolds and some interaction with SISIP to ensure they have a complete understanding of how the files will be dealt with and detailed time lines for execution would have been just basic common dog. Emails are free they have loads of emails and this site and Leave no vet behind to produce monthly updates and details.....they have done nothing really in relation to the class from start to finish.
Trust they will never go into Public Relations Work.....cause they suck at that.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 15:04

yes foundry they would have thats why they shut down after one year they were way to efficiant canada post is so fracked up its a keeper lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 14:48

So far it has taken 8 Buisness days for a registered letter to get from southeren Ont to Halifax, and they said Canada post is still going strong, The pony express could have gotten it there in two days!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 26 Apr 2013, 13:56

Just keeping your mind at ease...
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 13:55

You crazy SOB I knew you wouldn't let that one go because it just keeps on getter bigger every time we pull that big ole monster out of the lake lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 26 Apr 2013, 13:54

RR your confusing your metaphors...If you are going to run with the dogs in the sled team be the lead dog because the scenery is never the same.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 13:51

He that runs with the moth has never truly flown with enlightenment and has failed to see the path of greatness beyond outstretched wings.
I see your path oh mighty great Teen, I too will avoid the rear of the ASS for I wish to be free of tainted trails.
K9 you do have a calming effect as well, I thank thee all

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:35

Steve,
All this way of feeling is shared by many,
But since MC-Sisip-The Court have decided they have a 6 months delay to process all the claims, their isn't alot more to do then to take our Ativan and other pills and wait.

It is the best way to see time flying faster, because if not, it is by the minutes that we rush about all this.

Maybe Proponol and a coma till it is in the bank should be a good idea, but the doc of MJ is not available anymore.

Cheers!

Last edited by K9 on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Aa)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:30

Yeah but this time the jackass finally gets the carrot on the stick at one point over the next 6 months! LOL

Then you can spend the money like a jackass.

So I guess it's jackass' all around then! A very Zen posting RR.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:24

I did Teen just venting, that is all, sorry troops not trying to incite a riot just hate this waiting game. I feel like that donkey with a carrot dangling in front of him, yeah I know if it looks like a jackass talks like a jackass and walks like a jackass then it is another confused veteran, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 26 Apr 2013, 10:36

RR there is no gag order in effect. Claims are being done by Manulife. Whichever claim is put in front of them they do it. Once a month Manulife sends the batch of finished claims to MC. MC has a 5 day turnaround. Go to the sticky post about what to expect in your package.

The impression I got from both sides is this...no favoritism. Just do the claim that is put in front of the Manulife client.

If you are wondering if there is any 'chicanery' about your claim the worksheet from Manulife should have a date on it or you can verify after Oct 15 with Manulife when you claim was done.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Is the settlement a new gag order, why are we in the dark again Empty Is the settlement a new gag order, why are we in the dark again

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 10:27

I have sat here quietly reading and pondering how and why this Class Action Settlement has begun to unfold administratively and I for one cannot figure why the hell am I being told that there is no information to pass on to me or you, my fellow class action members.
I have been told that the Lead Plaintiff is done his duties are over, good he was useless anyhow and a poor source of comfort to my damn ears. McInnes Cooper say do not ask us anything because we do not know what to tell you, cough sorry my balls fell to the floor.
SISIP informs me that they cannot divulge any information as they cannot or excuse me release any information regarding claims, or the process for concluding your claims.
I will insist that you all take comfort in knowing that within 6 months you will receive something from our legal representatives, but if you think for one damn minute that I am going to sit here and fall into a “GAG” enigma once more you are off your damn rocker.
The deal has been signed, nowhere does it say we are under a gag order once again, I know as a member of this class action I can ask about my situation as that is my right. If someone knows why we are not being informed then speak up because I want to know why this has become hush, hush.
Do we have rights that are being denied, did we miss something in the agreement that denies us the ability to question our own individual process through Manulife and MC?
Someone tell me how much more must my fellow veterans must swallow to stay stable, this lack of communication is a joke and someone has to answer, maybe a letter to Justice Barnes asking him to explain to the parties involved that being silent was not part of the settlement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down