Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always under the impression:

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Always under the impression:   Empty Re: Always under the impression:

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 11:50

absalutly correct bigrex although i was a bit into it for some of your advice to be effective i would still recomend it to others who are just starting out.like asking them to put their statment you cant appy in wrighting and recording your conversations.all of this can be of great help.thank you so much bigrex.last but not least two things that are worth repeating.

never give up.

always question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 05 May 2013, 21:21

Propat is right, he was told no for the longest time by his CM because he was only getting the PA pension, until I provided him with the link stating that those getting a PA pension can now qualify, he pushed it and is now in a much better place financially. If it was your CM that said that you do not qualify, know it is not up to them. They are not the ones making the decision, and if they refuse to submit the required paperwork, it can be printed off the VAC website and sent in, taking your CM out of the loop completely.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 19:48

i am not in recipt of attendance allowance i have no claims on the NVC just PA.i still get elb/pia and i see nothing in any of the literature posted by DVA that disqualifise you for these programs you just need to be in recipt of a pention ore award PA ore NVC and have an accepted rehab plan (mine was to keep seeing the doctors i was already seeing)

keep in mind me and many more have been told we were not allowed to apply dont accept that its dead wrong we were allowed and now a lot are getting it.

allways question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 05 May 2013, 19:24

Sapper, it might be because I fall under both legislations, but I am getting Attendance Allowance and ELB/PIA. Attendance allowance is intended to compensate the spouse or caregiver than the Veteran themselves, for having to assist in the activities of daily living. They have opened up acceptance on most, if not all NVC's financial programs for those receiving PA pensions, because the NVC's disability awards do not count towards the Percentage under the PA, most PA Veterans would never be able to reach the 98% mark under the PA to qualify for the EIA, regardless of any new disabilities.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 05 May 2013, 19:03

No shite propat? I asked via our secure message service about the PIA and Elb and was told I don't qualify because I receive the Attendant care allowance and another allowance that have been replaced by these PIA and the Elb. I thnk I need to dig further. And like your personal motto...always question authority...awesome. Thanks.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 16:40

Yes, I have read that also, that if you qualified for sisip prior to 1999 , your entitle to it for life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 15:47

sapper yes not all NVC programs are available to DVA guys but their is some that are.the one in paticular i was refering to was the ELB apology was asking about.yes there is more that are available like PIA and PIA sipplement.in his case i recomend he applies for all of them.these benifits should also be available to you as well.their should be nothing in your case to disqualify you from these programs as you have already stated you are not in recipt of EIA.now keep in mind my CM kept telling me i was not allowed to apply becouse i was on the old system.it took me many months of fighting to get her to admit i was allowed to apply and another while to get her to send me the applications.in the end someone elce in DVA sent me the applications i got a new CM and i was accepted for ELB am in recipt of PIA and awaiting a decission on the supplement.

just becose your CM tells you your not allowed to apply for these programs doesnt mean that your not.apply apply apply never give up.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 05 May 2013, 14:51

Propat...many of these programs are only available to NVC clients. In my opinion the old pension act guys(I am 78%-since 1989) have a great deal by comparison, but the old act cannot- priority hire, retrain, lump sums, financial counselling, family support, etc, - that I am aware of. I have never received info regarding anything that was available to me. Mind you I only asked about the family drug benefits, but wasn't eligible. Maybe because of my physical/mental impairments I don't qualify for some programs.

Last edited by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 05 May 2013, 14:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 10:43

SAPPER if you are in recipt of a dva pention the NVC programs ARE avalible to you.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 10:35

apology their is no need to drop sisip to apply ore get accepted for elb.as for the rehab well i recently applied for and got accepted for elb and my rehab is to keep seing the doctors im already seeing.if you keep sisip while on elb you will get no payment as sisip is the first payer but if you ever get droped from sisip elb will start to pay you its a great peice of mind.and as stated getting accepted for elb will also allow you to apply for pia and supplement.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 05 May 2013, 10:08

Will payments cease on my 65th birthday, or 67 as this is the new retirement age?

Yes, payments cease at 65 unless you qualified for benefits prior to 1999.

TAKEN FROM leavenovetbehind.ca
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 05 May 2013, 10:06

Sisip plans purchased prior to 1999, and drawn upon, I was told, are payable until death. There is even referrence to it on leavenovetbehind.ca Same policy number but different details. Even getting paid out for the 24 month period was unavailable to us older files, we had to be physically/mentally whooped to qualify.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 09:27

thanks sapper , when i feel need to call vac that possibility is always there, i have to admit being under old program vacs always been good to me, i wished all veterans would feel like i do with vac, troops under NVC not satified because they see old program better... regarding NVC , VAC certainly tried hard to make NVC sound like it was better program ... but over time true effects of this program as made many unhappy, old program rating i give b+ NVC i give flat c ... thats why they added elb,eia try to bring up to c++ i would give -B but any B for nvc to much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 08:40

i know i can call vac get answers one way or other... at age 65 sisip stops for policy 902 or 901 no sure same as class action... but mentioned payed extra out of pocket coverage he may get more coverage after 65.. i dont pay coverage money to sisip just forms filled so mine stops 65... i still disabled enough to receive sisip my health still affects me............ i tired of sisip i dont want to deal with them!!! to hard mental wise to keep up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 08:39

Sapper : Your sisip goes until you die ....??? Do you plan on leaving here before 65? I thought sisisp is only in effect until 65?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum