Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always under the impression:

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Always under the impression:   - Page 2 Empty Re: Always under the impression:

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 08:34

i dont qualify for EIA allowce, i am not a 98% disability, i am at 80% on rehab program and have about 4 ELB forms kicking around my house never filled or applied.. if i drop sisip and be up front to vac then try ELB. ... i know if i dont like answer about elb i can always start sisip again, since my file only placed on hold not closed,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 05 May 2013, 08:23

You must contact VAC or someone in "the know". I had heard of programs on here and called about them. For example, the Exceptional incapacity allowance, provided to some members, is not available to me. Either my file is too old or I am in receipt of Treatment allowance and Attendant benefits. I was told you cant have both. Also the NVC programs are not available to me either. So make the call to VAC and put your mind at ease. My Sisip goes until I die...under the same policy(901102) but purchased in 1986 and paying more premiums out of pocket.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 08:20

Only if u go thru rehab

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 08:16

a person can get coverage from sisip until age 65. doctors forms must be completed by certain time.... i have my income from 3 sources only... army, sisip, vac... i am not on elb but i am qualified to apply..... can i drop my sisip coverage and start elb ??? i puting this out there to all the smart people and wise ones Smile i just tire going to psychologist every 2 years for about 10 sessions to keep sisip coverage i have no family doctor and fine with it, walk in clinic does my trick or emergency worst case. i rather see if i could go on ELB with a lower payout benifit but with peace of mind ... anyone else read this if you feel same let me know i am not alone

Last edited by apology on Sun 05 May 2013, 08:38; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Always under the impression:   - Page 2 Empty The Two reason we need Sisip to continue....

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 06:47

Bigrex.... There is several seemingly overlaps with Sisip/Vac but we continue to need both programs.

Sisip
1.What does "total disability/totally disabled" mean?

It means that you have been released from the CF and that there is clear and objective medical evidence, which confirms that you are incapacitated by a medically determinable physical or mental impairment, which is preventing you from performing any and every duty of any substantially gainful occupation or employment for which you are qualified by education, training or experience.

2.Am I covered if my injury or medical condition is not attributable to military service?

In most instances, the LTD plan covers you 24/7* and provides an income replacement benefit regardless of whether you are injured in the line of duty or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 04 May 2013, 22:32

Obviously if they closed down SISIP, those getting benefits wouldn't just stop being totally disabled. You would receive the same compensation, except from VAC in the form of EELB, because it is essentially the same program, except without the time limitations. You get the money as long as it is required, until age 67. Imagine never having to deal with SISIP again. Plus, if you do start getting ELB, that opens up the possibility of getting the PIA and PIA supp, which are not deducted from the ELB amounts.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 22:13

Hang on there Rex, I've been on the sisip Old plan for 20'years,..I draw my annuity , sisip ltd cppd and a va pension,..if u close sisip down, that'd screw me over!!!!me and a shyte load of other fellas. I' m satisfied with this deal. 75percent pay raise , full retro,I received my TPI, I received my letter from va 'grandfatherin my pension, sisip is good till 65, I don't get Pia,or elb . Life's good and getting better

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 04 May 2013, 20:52

SISIP was designed as a use once then throw you away program. The only time they guarantee coverage, is the first 24 months immediately following a medical release, and even that has been spotty for many. I too believed that as a former CF member who is medically released, if at ANY time you are unable to work due to your disabilities, you should be covered, be it within the first 2 years or 20 years down the road. Thankfully the ELB program was created and has filled this gap, and now I think that SISIP's life has run its course and needs to be ended. After all how much money is the GoC spending to have a private insurance company administering the exact same program now offered by VAC? I'm sure that money could be better spent within VAC or DND.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Always under the impression:   - Page 2 Empty Always under the impression:

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 14:46

I have always been under the impression that SISIP would be there for life for me.
To add me in rehabilitation to provide financial support and educational support until I was employable in a career and able to pay my own way.
Once I am unable to do that career because of my medical condition that SISIP will provide me financial and educational support again for a new career to be employable again and I am able to pay my own way.

My Case File never closes.

I have never seen a SISP Case Manage since 2001.

I am on the Old Pan.

Thank you,
John

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum