Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 214 ,Only Comment Here If You Are, ( On )This Months List ( MAY) Or recieved your retro.

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Group 214 ,Only Comment Here If You Are, ( On )This Months List ( MAY) Or recieved your retro. Empty Re: Group 214 ,Only Comment Here If You Are, ( On )This Months List ( MAY) Or recieved your retro.

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 12:19

The 30% tax withheld by sisip on our retro is fine by me, I was going to put 10% away from my retro anyway, to have it in the case where I may have to pay back next year for my 2013 tax return. At today's interest rates , I will not lose any sleep on the extra 10%. However those that are not receiving large retro amounts, the 30% tax withhold, I find that amount to be excessive.

Back to top Go down

Group 214 ,Only Comment Here If You Are, ( On )This Months List ( MAY) Or recieved your retro. Empty Re: Group 214 ,Only Comment Here If You Are, ( On )This Months List ( MAY) Or recieved your retro.

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 23:20

sorry sparrow was away and left computer on.yup thats the one the adress is on the bottom send it in as soon as its filled out its the best way to make sure you get an answer before tax time.

allways question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 20:40

Here is the link for Canada Revenue Agency Request For Taxpayer Relief form RC 4288
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/rc4288/README.html
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 19:50

thanks propat ~ once we fill it out do we bring it to the revenue office for processing or does it go with our 2012 income tax return? I will try and find the link to download the application ~ it has been a while since I did it and to be honest, I never even looked over the application at that time as I did not think it was going to be approved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 19:47

sparrow soon as you get your worksheet that should have all the info you need to fill it out.that should take 10 minuets ore less you have seen it their is not much to it.probably a waste of time initially but depending how the review goes it may mean a lot in the end.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 19:32

propat, K9 thank you for your efforts on all our behalfs ~ when should we apply for the tax relief application?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 18:59

no probs nav would just hate to see a vet left behind when k-9 wins his battle.it may come down to a judge saying it was all done fairly but denying the requests were unfair as to the intent of the legislation.that would leave a lot of vets who didnt file one out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 17:45

Thanks, Propat, alot of work ahead of me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 15:43

navrat even though you are in ontario your high end tax on that is still 40% (dont know what other income you have ore deductions).now moast other provinses are higher.so if you have a verry low anual income and get crafty with deductions you should be able to make up the lawyer fees and hit the 60% moast with big retros outside of ontario and alberta will not even come close.

dont forget to fill out your request for taxpayer relife form and send it in in your case this may help save you 30,000 ore more.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 15:24

abetterway, that's what I like about CSAT, with all the good people on here helping each other out, it's a great site. I learn something new everyday on this site. It sure does help in keeping in the know, which sometimes can prepare us for whats coming next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 15:07

Navrat, Trooper, Pteadams, Sparrow, Ppuddleduk2, and Bigrex, "Thanks" for taking time to add valuable information to this tread today.

I didn't know much of what you shared, and I’m sure a lot of others didn't either.

There are a lot of Veterans reading; Group 214 and 7286 threads, and I commend all you for supporting each other.

Your continued support goes far beyond just providing useful information; it provides an avenue where new visitors, and current members, can learn from your example, of how we can treat, each other, with respect, courtesy, and most of all your own sense of self-respect.

Veterans supporting Veterans .welcome to the light.

Cheers
John.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 18 May 2013, 13:31

Everyone can take the cheque to the bank that issues the cheque, and cash it, even if they are not customers as long as they have 2 forms of ID. It may cost a couple of dollars, but the money is available right away. I did this a few weeks ago when I sold my trailer. I went to RBC, paid $10 bucks to cash it because I wasn't an RBC customer, and they handed over the cash. If the amount is too large, they may give you a bank draft, which can be then taken to your branch.

We've waited long enough for this money, so why wait a single additional day if there is a way around it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 13:14

afro

Last edited by Navrat on Sun 19 May 2013, 01:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sat 18 May 2013, 13:00

my own bank, as a preferred customer allowed me to obtain certified cheques at no extra costs if i maintained a certain balance
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 12:50

Navrat wrote:That means most banks will hold the cheque for 5 business days , you'd think MC would make it easy, anything that costs them extra forget about it!

Nav, it could be longer than 5 business days for customers who bank with ING or PC Financial who don't have a brick and mortar building to go to and have to deposit the cheque at an atm machine.

Given some thought to this situation of MC not sending it by certified cheque ~ if I wanted to order a certified cheque at my bank it would cost me $7-10 each but if I had x amount of money in my coffers, it would be free to me as a preferred customer with lots of money. I would assume that MC would have not been charged money by the bank given their bank account balance.

If I recall, someone said it was the Bank of Nova Scotia that the cheque originates from for MC ~ for those who are ING or PC Financial customers or any bank other than B of NS, perhaps they should open up a Bank of Nova Scotia basic chequing account to make the transaction easier for them then going through ING or PC ~ secondly, if you have a Bank of NS account, the bank teller can authorize the cheque on the spot versus having a supervisor call and verify outside the branch and bank. There is no guarantee that a bank other than Bank of NS will actually take the time and verify the cheque while you wait in person.

Given the complexities of each veteran's scenerio, the simpliest approach would have been to certify the cheques and if I recall I thought I read somewhere in the paperwork that they would do as such.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next