Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC Cheque ~ Banking Info

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MC Cheque ~ Banking Info Empty Re: MC Cheque ~ Banking Info

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:58

Oh Ok, maybe another option would be to open a scotia account, it doesn't cost anything to open, this way when you receive the cheque you can have the teller verify the cheque, and have access to the funds immediately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:42

Trooper, the CIBC will not take deposits for PC accounts or do any transactions for PC clients relating to their PC accounts at their branches ~ the only method for deposit unfortunately for PC Financial clients is to deposit cheque into the ATM machine at the CIBC. Unfortunately.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:39

Maggiein, when you receive your cheque, you can take it to any scotia bank in your area. Show them your identification, and ask them to certify the cheque, I think the fee for doing that is $15. Then you can take the certified cheque to CIBC, and deposit it into your PC account, and your funds will be available for you to use that same day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:13

Maggie, we too bank with PC ~ free grocery points and no fees banking are appealing but we also have a brick and mortar bank we deal with for mortgage  purposes and the like for this reason that you have no actual bank to speak with in person. Perhaps open an account at a bank and branch of your chosing to make it easier and quicker when the time comes and you receive your retro. I am thinking it would take longer to have your retro processed with PC Financial because the deposit would go into a CIBC bank atm machine, then make its way to the PC division etc etc....just a thought...Take care Maggie.
Sparrow

Last edited by Lory DeCoste on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:39; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:08

Our main bank account is a President's Choice account so not sure if we have any option other than to wait it out.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 17:32

Rtc, the number is 902 420 3567

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 17:21

I went to the bank before i saw this information and they put a hold on it. My bank says if I can get the number of the BNS then they will see if they can release the funds after they confirm the funds are there. Would anyone have the number of the bank that was on the cheque?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:11

So so far I see only 2 years clients paid...?

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:26

WELL Lory (sparrow) THANK YOU once again for the banking info for us all, and all that you do for us VETS, congrats to your husband and yours will come soon I hope, with the greatest of respect. Rucksack031
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rzm71 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:02

well I  will  make sure I bring  all the info  I  need to  my  bank (TD) Aand  yes I will  ask  them  to call  the  other  bank  so I  don't have to wait the  5 days .
thanks for the  info .
rzm71
rzm71
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 06:43

Sorry RCN, no not bank draft or certified cheque.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 12 Jun 2013, 00:31

Are the cheques not certified or bank drafts? Strange to send normal cheques for this amount of money. Don't think MC has to wait to ensure funds are available when they get the funds from SISIP.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 21:35

I deposited mine today, took all the paperwork with me. Teller actually called Bank of NS and they confirmed funds are a go. If you don't want to wait for the 5 day hold tell your bank to call them. I was even ready to pay for the long distance but it was all good. Legal fees weren't to bad. Tax, holy S*@t. Hope you all get your funds soon. Me, heading to the warm climates of Nevada. Arte et Marte!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 20:15

Especially since the cheque is endorsed by MC and we have had no previous transaction history with said endorsee in our account ~ if it saves someone the stress to know this info to bring all documents and driver's license to bank it is helpful ~ although each bank and client is different of course. I like the good ole days like these gentlemen.
MC Cheque ~ Banking Info 25239_119981278014082_2865151_a
Lory DeCoste (Sparrow)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 19:55

Good to know, thanks Sparrow.

I know when I sold my Harley last year, I had to bring in a receipt proving I sold a bike because anything over $7,000 deposited, especially cash, raises the bankers eyebrows as possibly being money received from illegal means. I always thought it had to be over $10,000 but was told differently when i went to deposit that cash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next