Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone shed some light on my situation? Cheers!

2 posters

Go down

Can someone shed some light on my situation?  Cheers! Empty Re: Can someone shed some light on my situation? Cheers!

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 11:05

yes bigrex again I understand that never said anything to the contrary.

propat

Back to top Go down

Can someone shed some light on my situation?  Cheers! Empty Re: Can someone shed some light on my situation? Cheers!

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 10:17

All...

I appreciated all the replies.

Cheers
Muzz

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 18 Jun 2013, 19:08

Yes, but even at 100%, it doesn't mean he is removed from the books, so he will still get 24 months, albeit greatly reduced.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 18:56

yes that I understand but its only 50% if he is on sisip approved rehab otherwise its 100%.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 18 Jun 2013, 18:26

Actually, it doesn't matter, he would not have been removed from LTD just because he got a job, because the policy states that SISIP will deduct 50% of any earned wages from the the benefit, which must have zeroed out his benefits because he wasn't making very much before the 16 month mark. They do not remove you from the program completely until the 24 month mark, regardless of whatever other income you have, unless you request it, they just won't pay you anything.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 17:48

it could be 100% depending on the type of job.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 18 Jun 2013, 17:00

I think it's safe to assume he got a job at 16 months.  What he will have to produce is a T4 slip to calculate the 50 cents off the LTD dollar up to his 75% to get to the 24 month mark.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 16:49

ya bigrex I see its past 1999 so I agree 24 months should be in order if he didn't start work at that time this all depends on his situation.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 18 Jun 2013, 16:32

Actually, he should be entitled to more than the 16 weeks. Obviously he must have been zeroed out at that time, so he should be entitled to at least 24 months with the possibility of being reinstated, if totally disabled.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 18 Jun 2013, 14:16

Muzz you are entitled to the 16 months SISIP clawed back your SDA payment.

FYI SDA payment is/was a classification VAC used to distinguish injuries of CF personnel.  You are in receipt of a Pension Act payment or PA payment.

Prior to 2000 SDA injuries were tax-free gratuities from VAC.  If you were injured in Canada you could not get your payment until the injured member was released from the military.

In 2000 the Liberals threw out the injury in Canada and said any soldier injured either in a SDA or in Canada they would get their tax-free gratuity from VAC.

Oddly at that very meeting SISIP said "Well seeing as you are changing the rules of VAC PA payments why don't you stop the claw back of the SISIP clients PA payments from their LTD payments? It's illegal and wrong to deduct a tax-free payment from the LTD as it was clearly stated in the Pension Act many decades ago a PA payment is not a wage replacement program but a gratuity."

Liberal gov't answer to SISIP?  "Shut up we know what we are doing."
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Can someone shed some light on my situation?  Cheers! Empty Reply - SDA - Special Duty Area

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 12:38

Special Duty Area

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 11:55

hi muzz pleas refresh my memory. what is SDA?

propat

Back to top Go down

Can someone shed some light on my situation?  Cheers! Empty Can someone shed some light on my situation? Cheers!

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 11:32

Can someone possibly shed some light on my situation. I'm a member of the Class Action.

After completing 24 yrs I was Released 3b Med with SDA Pension Jul 2003. I rec'd SISIP benefits (after claw back) of approx. $300 per month for the first16 months after my release. Since that time I have rec'd nothing from SISIP.

Where would I fall in this Class Action? Any answers would be great.

Cheers to all and stay strong brothers and sisters!

Bill

Last edited by Muzz1 on Tue 18 Jun 2013, 12:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down