Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manulife Admin on Processing Claims

+6
peep
Recon031
bulldozer
Nemo
loggie
Teentitan
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Manulife Admin on Processing Claims - Page 2 Empty Re: Manulife Admin on Processing Claims

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 16:36

I'm sure once a specific class has depleted their files, the "bead-counters" scatter to other classes...it might be far better to have them tackle the more difficult files, as they openly admit there are many, perhaps even divide that 24 year-span group to help bring the numbers up, instead of making excuses as to why their numbers are down each month...it's not like they didn't know that there would be difficult files. Well, despite it all, they now know much more clearly that the spotlight is heavily upon them, and they've assure the monitors, DoJ, MC, in writing...and through them, all of us that we'd all have our cut by October 15th...so let's hope that they live up to their promises. Fairness to each unique class member is their own specific point of view as to why they should be done near the top of the pile, but in the end, we'll all get our due and look back upon this as just another nightmare in a long stream of nightmares that we've survived. Thanx Teen for keeping your ear to the ground and alleviating our jitters with your constant gathering of info. Surprised)~

Back to top Go down

Manulife Admin on Processing Claims - Page 2 Empty Re: Manulife Admin on Processing Claims

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 14:29

ok bigrex I think I get it. you are referring to the 2011-2012 group I thought you were referring to the 08-10 group.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 20 Jul 2013, 14:15

Yes, but that was sort of my point Propat. Even if there are several hundred class members who applied for PA pensions just before the NVC was initiated, but all of them were likely released by 09 at the latest, even if they held out as long as possible. So that leaves 3-4 years that might have a handful of class members (if any), so why designate SISIP staff to focus on those years only.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 12:45

Roger that BZ and cudoes to teen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 10:52

bigrex due to peeps not quitting and trying to get fixed enough to find a position somewhere in the military and even hopes to get that well they could stay in the infantry the 08-09 group could be substantial.yup it didn't pan out for most of us so even tough still trying me and those I could convince put in our dva claims exactly 30 days prior to the start of the NVC.80 % of my pension is PA pension and I was released in 08.you may be surprised at the numbers that put in DVA claims just prior to the NVC and fall into the 08-09 group. I could be wrong and kind of hope I am as I have not received my retro in the first three draws so here is hopeing for good luck on the forth.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 10:27

my thanks to peter for getting this info and passing it on to teen.

my thanks to teen for getting it to us.

and thank you for all those that spoke up and continued to asked the questions about the proses without that this info may have never got to us.

sparrow looks like you hit the nail right on the head.

many thanks.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 19 Jul 2013, 23:05

The only thing I can see that doesn't make sense is that there are just as many groups post NVC, as there are Pre-NVC, even though the majority of the Veterans released since 2008-09 likely do not even fall within the class. Even if awarded their PA pension right before the NVC was introduced, in Apr 06, the maximum extension the CF gives for those being medically released is 3 years, bringing them to early 2009. So the only way that PA clients still served beyond then is if their PA pension was for a minor disability, that didn't affect their functioning, and were only medically released after it worsened or a second disability forced their release. I personally cannot see those numbers being large enough to warrant dedicating staff for these later years. So, IMO, those staff should be concentrating on the groups with larger number of clients, which are most likely 2001-2006 due to our involvement in Afghanistan.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Fri 19 Jul 2013, 21:49

BZ to Teentitan and Peter, great to hear that things are slowly grinding forward. All good news! Chris
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 19 Jul 2013, 21:32

Ditto!

Thanks for the valuable info.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 20:23

Good evening Ron TT ,

Congratulations on being drafted into the Majors , Peter making contact & passing on intel through the CSAT is of " Great Importance " to one & all of the 8047 strong Members Now ,

Through the various Details you've provided , we can all measure our time left on here waiting for the final outcome .

Thanks again Ron , TeenTiTan

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of ............7.........still waiting , as are you all..........
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:55

great info thank you!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 19 Jul 2013, 18:49

Thanks for that info.

Personally, I know they have till NOV to give us back our money. It is random so I could get my funds in August or perhaps not till Nov. I know many need this money NOW for financial problems. Unfortunately, it does not matter who you write to or talk to, your file will be processed at random when the person doing your group gets it done. A person must try not to be consumed by when they will get their money but rather just wait it out. All the fretting one does will not move the funds any quicker. Everyone here (unless there is some real complicated case), should have their funds before Christmas 2013.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 19 Jul 2013, 18:24

Whatever category you fall in does not mean you will be guaranteed that you will get your retro in August.

As it states there are SISIP employees assigned to one of the 6 categories. Your file in the category you are in will be worked on when it is in front of said employee.

Please remember the following information on how complicated your file may be and why they are being done by hand. I will use myself as an example and you can apply it to your situation.

I was released in 2000. In 2001 it was determined my condition got worse so my VAC payment went up causing my SISIP to go down. I owed a lump sum to SISIP. This happened a total of 5 times over 6/7 years. Then I was on CPP D which zeroed me out and again I owed a lump sum to SISIP.

All these lump sums have to be calculated, my LTD decreases have to be reversed 6/7 times and calculated inbetween the months of each decrease in LTD to the amount I should have been paid.

Now put the following factors in which may be in your situation. Did you work? How much did you make? Did that money zero you out or not? Did your condition make you quit/laid off and go back on LTD? Were you self-employed?

I'm not making excuses for Manulife I'm just trying to help people understand "why" each client's retro is being calculated by hand. There is no "standard" excel spreadsheet that can calculate our retro.

Manulife is still confident they will have all files done by October so we have to give them until October.

The email from Peter is info from the DoJ. The DoJ is not sleeping at the switch and are keeping a close eye on Manulife to get the calculations done by October.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 17:25

So, if I was released in 2004/2005 I may receive something in August? As a zero sum?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 16:17

Good to know, thank you Teen

From previous notes, there was four people hired on at SISIP to do the processing and now with six categories/groupings for selecting members files from I can see the confusion and delay in processing,

maybe it will proceed a little bit quicker now that two more were hired as having six people working on six categories or groupings looks better..

having six groupings for four processors didn't add up..

Either way as long as they meet the end date for processing those waiting..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next