Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comments?? .....If only the media could write an article about the manulife/sisip processing approach!

2 posters

Go down

Comments?? .....If only the media could write an article about the manulife/sisip processing approach! Empty Re: Comments?? .....If only the media could write an article about the manulife/sisip processing approach!

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 14:59

Send copies of everything to the media around the country...let it be known what this DELAY process is doing to us...tell your story.

Back to top Go down

Comments?? .....If only the media could write an article about the manulife/sisip processing approach! Empty Re: Comments?? .....If only the media could write an article about the manulife/sisip processing approach!

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 23:39

There is hope for those that have been told that your not a part of the SISIP CLASS-ACTION so do not give up, all files dating back to 1976 and involve a medical release have been looked at by SISIP and fortunately depending on how you look at it those that met the criteria will receive your portion of clawed monies. Yes there are many that will not receive it before Oct 15th but that does not mean you will not receive it. Bet it through adjudication or through confirming your medical records and employment history this will continue till all files are closed.
Now to address this clusterfuk which as MC would tell it the not so smooth transition of the 1500 or so claims because of a misAPP from a hired company, bullshit. That's it bullshit and seriously after all this time do you think anyone involved in this process gives a shit how you the miserable, depressed veteran feels, he'll no why would they. I will tell you why because no one had to pay damages or any form of retribution to the victims, that's right victims of this class action. This class action should have been called the quick lottery for the pricks hanging onto our pockets. If your not punishing these pricks then what message does that send to other companies that are doing the same thing. Let me tell you something else I have 14 friends that are no longer here that will have to be looked after by SISIP, the damage caused by this class action and from the bastards that robbed our brothers behind their backs to the greedy lawyers that stand between you and your cheques is insurmountable at best with so many loved ones and their families ruined and destroyed by greed, policy mismanagement and our government period it's a wonder why the media have found other venues to write about, I wouldn't touch this abuse with a 2,000 foot pole myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Sep 2013, 22:14

Actually, the number is far less than 70%. SISIP has said that several thousand more Veterans have identified themselves as qualifying for retro money, that aren't being considered part of the original class, nor will there be a court mandated timeline for them to be paid, but they'll still have to pay legal fees. The use of the quantifying term "several", indicates that there are at least another 3 to 4 thousand veterans still waiting in addition to the over 2200 that are officially part of the class. That means that SISIP is actually less than 50% completed the payment process.

One also has to wonder, if SISIP supposedly went through their files and identified 8000 class members, why didn't they find these other files as well. I'm sure one of the reasons is that some of these Veterans didn't even bother applying to SISIP because of the clawback. But I think another reason is that SISIP found a ton of Veterans from back in the 70's and 80's who hadn't previously contacted the law firm, so SISIP thought that if they kept their mouths shut about these files, they wouldn't have to pay out that money unless somebody stepped forward, which they are starting to do.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Mon 09 Sep 2013, 22:08

Patients , understanding I have been patient long enough it's been since 2002 and they are still f... Ing with my life I can't count how many times Sisip clawed money back from my FAMILY were they patient and understanding hell no they had no problem putting me in the poor house now you lazy inconsiderate spineless bedwetting jellyfish come out from under your rock and pay me and my family what has been stolen from. so I can take my wife who also puts up with crap and whatever other bullshit I throw her way out for a nice Holliday

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 20:08

19 months after the wronged have been righted almost 3000 vets still await .... The mental stress and the emotional frustration for many is totally unacceptable. This is an insurance company that will incur no financial losses. Its all about the process and they get additional money to do the job and 30% still wait. They should be ashamed and embarrassed

Back to top Go down

Comments?? .....If only the media could write an article about the manulife/sisip processing approach! Empty Comments?? .....If only the media could write an article about the manulife/sisip processing approach!

Post by Ex Member Mon 09 Sep 2013, 20:03

Dear Members of the SISIP Class:

We understand that there was a technical issue with the application on the www.leavenovetbehind.ca website. The issue has now been fixed. Our apologies.

This is probably a good time for a general update.

At the end of each month, we receive from Manulife the names of the class members (up to 2,000 members each month) who had been processed in the previous month. We have no control over the processing speed or the order that the members are processed.

At that point, dozens of administrative staff work overtime to ensure the class members’ cheques are processed with efficiency, quality control, accuracy and attention to detail. Each month, we have met our self-imposed 5-day processing deadline. The cheques are then sent by Purolator express post to the class member.

We’re on the home stretch, with more than 70% of the approximately 8,000 class members in receipt of the money that they so rightfully deserve. Of course, this means there are several thousand members yet to be processed. McInnes Cooper will process the remaining claims as soon as we receive them from Manulife. We thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

The SISIP Class Action Team

Last edited by rustyrazor on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 09:45; edited 1 time in total

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down