Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANK GOD FOR CSAT

+2
rucksack031
ghillie
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THANK GOD FOR CSAT Empty Re: THANK GOD FOR CSAT

Post by ghillie Wed 31 Jul 2013, 16:00

WoV my apologies for not offering my support for you during this sad time for you. I was happy to see that those friends here on CSAT made the anniversary easier, and their words put you in a better place in your grief process. I do so wish this site had an android app, I can't post from my phone, and my lap top died. I think I may have "Checked App" a little to firmly last month. So nice to see the banter here I get to laugh every day. Ciao for now
ghillie
ghillie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 21:17

Sure I'm in Sept 8th

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 20:51

I think we should all camp out on Harper's lawn...hootches anyone? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 20:42

Ditto, we r brothers here, forever, these r only words on csat, but, look where they r coming from, remember, we CAN do ANYTHING

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 14:12

For my friend Sapper zodiac I stand corrected, from all of us veterans to you Wife of Veteran can share all the good times and often down right bantering fun that goes on in here. I only offer a few words here and there as most do. Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 00:14

Hi Sailor

Oh yes, I had Nuns as teachers while growing up in French catholic schools and we had to wear uniform too......lol. So many moons ago. I was born and raised in Ottawa.
It brings back memories.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 23:24

Hi widow, my mother was from bathurst New Brunswick and she was English. Her mother was French. She was a bourgeois. Now because Bathurst is getting closer to Quebec, the term Papa was always used there vice the term dad. I'm from Moncton, I was brought up in a French School. Out of 10 kids only two of us(the twins) went to a French School and back then we had nuns. I'm betting on the yes for you.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:56

Hi Nemo

Thank you so much for your kind words about suicide.......it is surely not everybody that understands this. My biggest pain is seeing my daughter having trouble to deal with this and it breaks me.
Everytime that this time of year comes around.....I always make sure that it's my monthly time to see my doctor and I have just done this today. He passed away on the side of the river that he had gone fishing at and in his car.
I have all the autopsy report and toxicology report from his death locked in a safe. There is so many things in his toxicology report that make no sense and shouldn't of been part of his body. He was suffering from substance abuse but some substance don't add up and it bothers me. This is the first time that I talk about this and it does feel good to release it.

Thanks again

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:37

Hi Robbie

Thank you for your kind and profound words. You and your wife are so lucky to have each other. I must admit, this journey hasn't always been easy but i'm done asking myself "why did he do this". He was sick and that's all I can say. It's nobody elses fault, for now. I have to be strong for my daughter....she was his only child and a princess in our eyes but really daddy's little girl. I'm sure he would be so proud of who she has become although she suffers from a severe anxiety disorder but is getting better every day and suffers from OCD and depression. I'm always here for her no matter what so I really don't have time to deal with my pain but i'm very okay with this....she comes first in every way. It does give me strength to know that I can be here for her in every step of the way and show her how to control her anxiety, etc. Her daddy was a good guy and she knows this. There is time that I don't sleep well as I worry about her needing me during the night.
I am a person that always wants the best for everyone and I have gotten hurt many times by family and friends. My heart is very big and some are taking advantage of it. I have promised myself now, to walk away from all those people and think of "ME". I'm always the first one to offer help in any way but when I need it.............they avoid me. I feel bad at times that I can be so strong for my daughter but yet, can't even be strong for myself. It's now time for me to enjoy life....i'm surely not getting younger. When this settlement comes in......it will change me forever and even may make a big difference with my daughters illnesses. I have to learn to say "NO". Nobody will tear us apart again. We will walk with our head high and enjoy what this settlement will do for us and stop putting others first all the time. This settlement will also give us the honor to put a monument on my husband's grave. Just a little problem though but I will make it happen anyway......he is resting in Springhill, NS and I am in Ottawa.

I come on this site every day and read the stories that have been published. The support on here is unbelievable to me and I appreciate it.
Your words have so much meaning and always pleasant to read.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:28

Yes, suicide is a difficult thing to deal with. The person who does it feels it is the only option and some believe that their family is better off without them. They don't realize the terrible pain they leave behind for their families to deal with. Suicide is something many don't like to speak about - perhaps because they are ashamed or embarrassed. My Grandfather committed suicide, my friends' ex committed suicide, a neighbor down the end of my street committed suicide, the son of the man (second cousin to spouse) one block down committed suicide, the man at the RV place committed suicide and a teenager committed suicide a couple of months ago two blocks down from here. So suicide affects many people. It is not a rarity. It is not something one has to hide.

I don't know how you or your daughter are feeling widow of veteran. I can't tell you what to do or how to deal with it. It is something you have to discover on your own and hopefully you will have enough family and good friends to support you. If I were you, I would not bother wasting my breath on those that have made you uncomfortable. You don't need a lot of friends - you only need a couple of quality ones.

I think we must all strive to deal with the situations we have been dealt with and try to overcome them as best we can. We can never forget but with time we can move forward. Each person must discover their own path forward hopefully with the support of some good family and friends... a few quality ones is all u need!
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:25

Smile this site always cheers me up! I know I am quiet, but I am here checking and have received a wealth of information, the app link, updates from the lawyers, etc. and there has been a comfort in knowing we are not alone. You're all such a great group of people! I look forward to the day this is over for all of us. It has been hell some days. Were also close to losing a lot, and knowing were so close to relief can be painful. So yes, Thank god for CSAT!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:23

By the way...the picture of me in Orange is the last time I hunted with my daughter for white-tails. 2008...find it hard now to walk through the rough stuff. Cheers.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:20

Damn Robbie...I know in yer ol heart that was meant for all us old buggers too. Always a kind word and the wisdom to back it up. Thanks a million. Have a great evening.
Sapper Dave

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 18:25

Good evening Widow.
I like so many in here feel those restrains tighten when we deal with smart ass know- it-alls that continually attack and question our reasons for posting. I have an education that allows me to invent and create logic through words. Does this mean that I am more intelligent than someone with a grade 8 education, hell know because I post about true feelings and passion that I guess macho men are not allowed to develop. I owe the majority of my inner self to my best friend my wife, she allows me to be human and allows me to experience those emotions that we harden warriors omit among other warriors. If I have anything that makes my day brighter it is the ability to befriend wonderful people like yourself. Your story is a journey into a society that many will never know or understand. Ours is not to question motive or "what if" your journey but rather to sit next to you in spirit and friendship. We hold each other up and give our souls to help those that can not help themselves. Many in here have been down the darkest roads and even came back from these impossible moments in life, again I question not why or how but offer the now. Welcome Widow of Veteran and if I can offer a warm smile for your dark tomorrow then please accept this gift from an ole warrior. Peace be with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 17:26

Thank you F foundry for your kind words
You are right, many great people on this site. Many have offered to help me with my questions and some have already been here for questions that I didn't understand about this class action.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum