Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSAT members I thank You

+2
pinger
Newfie
6 posters

Go down

CSAT members I thank You Empty Re: CSAT members I thank You

Post by bosn181 Fri 28 Jul 2017, 21:58

yes by my son we got yer back can never have to many of us newfs here. i try to pay it forward from all the help i got here and pass on this site to as many vets i come in contact with so they might find the help they need as well and trying to find out where to start was the hardest for most seeing the gov and vac don't want to pass on the information that can help you

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:03

From a fellow Nflder, It's great to know you are doing well and moving home. There are so many wonderful, caring and supportive people in communities throughout the Province to aid in daily living. All the best Newfie
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 28 Jul 2017, 13:10

Newfie,
It's great that you doing so well! I love reading 'Happily Ever After' stories! It gives me hope to carry on in my personal struggles! One good outcome is a win for all of us!

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Loader Fri 28 Jul 2017, 07:21

Great post, glad to hear things are coming together for you!
Loader
Loader
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jul 2017, 19:06

Happy thoughts with these comments. Life is better being part of the gang! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jul 2017, 16:12

I get a lot of compliments expressing the strong group effort by all of the members of the forum in the support they provide to each other, and to all forum viewers. The help and support provided by all on this forum is outstanding, It is because we care about others, our Brothers and Sisters. A lot of the time we find ourselves lost and confused on how to navigate through the whole BS of obtaining benefits for our future well being, some because of the large amounts of meds prescribed, some because they are being told inaccurate info by those responsible for guiding us through the system, the system itself can cause one to just give up. It is not Veteran friendly, if your one of the lucky ones you will get a good Case Manager who will push for every single benefit available. But as we all know to well this is not always the case, a lot get bypassed and end up not obtaining the benefits they are entitled to. Each time I see someone on the forum answer a question it puts a smile on my face. The very fact that the individual gave their own time to answer the question shows the high class of character the individual has, it shows good will and always shows the respect the individual has towards others! This is what makes a group, a team, a team that sets the standard for good will towards others. That is why I receive the compliments I receive which also puts a smile on my face. One does not have to show their Identity to show their true character, this forum is proof of that as showed by the usernames we see daily helping others.

I'm also grateful to all members for the outstanding work and help they provide each and every day!

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 27 Jul 2017, 14:28

Very happy for you Newfie !

Your post reminds me of the stability and security so many more need.
Let's keep passing our 2 cents around and help one another...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

CSAT members I thank You Empty CSAT members I thank You

Post by Newfie Thu 27 Jul 2017, 13:52

A big thank you to all the information provided here on this site by everyone. The site has helped me so much

My struggle
Upon being released medically in 2005 with almost 23 years I felt alone and betrayal by the Govt. I applied for and in 2006 I was awarded a Disability Pension after an appeal.  In 2008 I was awarded a Disability award. I did not know or at that point in my life and I really didn't care what else VAC or SISIP offered as depression sank in. Then along came the LTB retroactive benefit which lead me to this site.
I am not exaggerating when I say that the members here help me beyond words. I completed Vocab rehab struggling but completed a 2 year nursing diploma and went of to work. Only to realize the course I completed eventually consumed me and my PTSD was out of control so I quit work and We moved back home to Nfld. I struggled 2 years with no psychological help. Upon birth of my grandkids I knew I had to take my life back
I found a pyschologist and got my life back on track. With the help of the info provided on this site I requested a reassessment and was favourable in my Disability pension. Since moving home I applied for and was granted SISIP,  ELB, CIA and VIP.

Thank you to everyone and your wealth of knowledge and your compassion in assisting us Vets. I could not have done it without everyone of you. I salute you all

Last edited by Newfie on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 13:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down