Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increase in SISIP deposit.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Increase in SISIP deposit. - Page 2 Empty Re: Increase in SISIP deposit.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 16:09

zero, when someone applies and appeals for cpp d what is the situation when one was medically released 7 years ago, person never worked due to illnesses, what is the position or recourse someone would have in that scenerio if applying for cpp d for the first time. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 15:55

Sapper might not use bills, just gold bullion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 15:40

Yea, with just his pocket change.
Increase in SISIP deposit. - Page 2 EuroNotesBlurredPA_large

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 15:31

Better idea, Sapper could afford to pay all veterans taxes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 15:23

Very true Nav...I don't get CPPD, when I tried it was too difficult to get and I'm appealed out. Hopefully SISIP won't badger me to reapply. All I know is that if you owe SISIP any money, it's best to pay them off as quickly as you can. Should be that if you served your country, you should be entitled to at least live tax-free for the rest of your life...maybe in a perfect world, or Sapper's new country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 14:57

Plus that CPPD is taxable, pay sisip back ASAP to get the tax credit or this year your going to be paying

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 19 Sep 2013, 14:56

Don't forget to call the Pension Office as well.  CPP D is deducted from your CF Pension.  It can take up to 3/4 years before the Pension Office finds out then you are in deeper then the $28K you just got.

One more thing about CPP D you set the tax amount to be taken off. The rule of thumb is 10% of your "taxable" income. Just call the CPP number and tell them how much to take off for taxes.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 14:50

BTW, pay off SISIP with that retro CPP amount...better to do it now than to have any shortages later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 14:49

When were you reinstated? It could be the amount that you were originally cut off at, then once you had been reinstated, it will go up to your normal monthly amount.

Back to top Go down

Increase in SISIP deposit. - Page 2 Empty Increase in SISIP deposit.

Post by oldsailor Thu 19 Sep 2013, 14:37

Not sure how many of you that has received there settlement in the pass has notice this or not.
I noticed this morning that my SISIP deposit was $500 more then my last few months. One more thing. I was approved by CPP(D) and they gave me 2 years retro of aprox $28,000.00.
I had not inform SISIP of said payment, however as we all know they will eventually find out. They then started taking a chunk from my SISIP every month until it will be paid out.
Therefore, I'm wondering if in fact I will be the next batch. I assume because they gave me a larger amount on my monthly deposit that I am in fact on the next list.
Now lets just see, If I'm not one of the process batch on the 30th, then indeed my settlement is probably held back. So I'm not sure how long even perhaps last month this was settle, but I am still one of the waiting one's. Its OK if I'm not process for this batch, however it would seem weird if I'm not.

oldsailor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2