Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP/RETRO/TAX/SLIPS

+8
Rifleman
Wife of a Veteran
bigrex
peep
Teentitan
Dove96
Sapper Zodiak
1993firebird
12 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

SISIP/RETRO/TAX/SLIPS - Page 18 Empty Re: SISIP/RETRO/TAX/SLIPS

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 16:57

Good point propat, I was zeroed out right from the get go, and has been awhile since then, I cannot remember ever receiving anything like that, but I am going to look into next year, for my 2014 return. If I already claimed it in the past, and claim it again, I am sure they will catch me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 15:26

just a reminder some may halve already claimed this amount in years past hopefully you can remember if you claimed it already but I know its been a while for some. hint if you were sum zero the whole time you likely did not and if you did it was likely not accepted by the CRA.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 22 Feb 2014, 09:56

1993 Firebird...the amount paid in Legal Fees is not income, so do not put it in as such. Simply an expense you paid for to collect wages/income. Put this deduction on line 229 or 232 as an expense against your income. Hope this helps.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 09:17

Thanks propat.

There you go oldleftwinger, just confirmed from propat, you will have to contact SISIP and ask them for your amount of paid premiums to your SISIP plan.

Hope this answers your question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 07:09

trooper that is correct once accepted for sisip they mail you this letter I still have mine I imagine some will not. if you don't still have it call sisip they should send you a new one.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 22:19

Great reminders Trooper and Navrat. Let's get all our ducks in a row before trotting off to an accountant.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 21 Feb 2014, 21:48

Are the legal fees put on line 104 , as income , and then put on line 229 or 232 as a deductible.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 21:20

If you received a taxable disability payment this year, you may be able to deduct all the premiums you paid into the plan since you started contributing to the plan.
Line 104 to declare the premiums you should have received a letter from Manulife that you paid $XXX amount into the SISIP plan.
It looks like you have to contact Manulife to have them send you a letter stating the full amount of premiums you paid.
This is info that I dug up, not 100% sure if it is indeed correct, I have not done this yet, perhaps later on I will, if anyone here has already claimed their premiums paid,
please post how you achieved this, to answer oldleftwinger's question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 21:02

Plus another t4a if you collect monthly ltd for 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 20:40

Trooper
I have a question.

One of the T4a slips was for pension income.
which is reported on line 104

According to the guide if you made income replacement payments or premiums then these premiums
would be deductible from the gross amount received.

I am sure that someone can say it better than i can.
but how would i go about finding out hew much i paid in income replacement insurance premiums over the years
so i can deduct them

oldleftwinger

Back to top Go down

SISIP/RETRO/TAX/SLIPS - Page 18 Empty SISIP/RETRO/TAX/SLIPS

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 19:55

It looks like the tax slips from SISIP required to complete our taxes are starting to arrive.
I would like to suggest that each and everyone of us ensures that we have all the necessary slips in hand before heading out to file our taxes.
With respect to the T4A's from your retro, you should receive two, One T4A is being issued for the gross offset and another for the tax gross up portion of the refund,
keep in mind that they may come in two separate envelopes, and perhaps not on the same day. Both of these slips will come from Manulife’s Waterloo office.

They are reporting that we will receive one T5, which will also come from Manulife’s Waterloo office.

With respect to the T1198 ( HOPE FORM ) they are reporting that we will receive one form which is coming from Manulife’s Halifax office.

This info is the best to date that we have, this is also info that reflects our 2013 retro received only.

Just thought I would post this as a reminder to all, just to make sure everyone knows what they should have in hand before filling their return.

Also don't forget to claim you Legal fees paid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18