Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CF Pension

2 posters

Go down

CF Pension Empty Re: CF Pension

Post by Teentitan Fri 14 Mar 2014, 14:11

Thanks Pinger. Will send the link to my friend.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 14 Mar 2014, 13:55

Assuming it's not a VAC disability pension but a straight CF pension, yes, to a lesser or greater degree.
"Pension Services is responsible for determining the type of benefits payable under the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act (CFSA), to entitled survivors of deceased serving and retired members of the Regular and Reserve Force. The survivors are informed of their entitlements under the plan, and they are also given some additional information concerning medical and dental plan coverage, direct deposit banking arrangements, Personal Tax Credits Return (TD1's) etc"
Here's the link... http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pension/survivor-benefits.page?
Hope it helps, but short of being an accountant it reads like mud to me with too many variables in the fine print. pinger
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

CF Pension Empty CF Pension

Post by Teentitan Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:54

I was talking to a friend the other day and he asked me what does my wife get from my CF Pension when I die?

I wasn't sure so I need an answer. Does the spouse get 1 year of the members CF Pension?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum