Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 34 of 65 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 49 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 34 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by K9 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 19:44

Thank you Propat and Pipper, ;-)
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Tue 10 Jun 2014, 19:40

Take Care K9 and God Speed ..
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 19:33

good luck with the operation buds you have my best as allways. the limit for a tax relief request is 10 years and you can request it anytime so im thinking your MP may be a little mixed up but that's ok as long as he is on your side.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 19:27

My 1198 worked out good,
But I was charged half of the amount owed on the back time till 2012 in deemed tax.
I sent in my RC4288 at the sane time I filed my taxes and today I was told first do your tax with 1198 and then ask for the RC4288.

After telling them it is with all the paperwork they used to do my taxes, they said to send it back.

So here it goes again!

So next step is to refile the paperwork and wait.

My MP office told me we had 3 months folowing the letter showing the calculation. So here is where I am.

Will be out for a week,
Getting operated tomorow so you all take care.

So STAY ON TOP of CRA is a must!
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 19:25

nav you are right about fairness their dosnt seem to be much fairness in the ITA ore its supporting documents . the kick in the butt is even the fairness provision is profoundly unfair blows my fracking mind.

by the unfair laws that exist they have every right to charge deemed tax and every right to deny your request for tax relief.

so what do you do when the laws are unfair?????

YOU CHANGE THEM!!!!!

allways question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 19:00

Navrat, my question was not pointed directly towards you, or your situation, but to all members.

Just to put it in other words, some members are getting their 1198 put through in the first shot, while others are not, this leads me to believe that not all of the agents are on the same page.

If the agents are not all on the same page, what's to say that the agents calculating our 1198's are on the same page.
This could result in some agents charging DEEMED taxes, while other agents are not.
If this turns out to be true, those that did get charged will have a better chance at getting their DEEMED taxes paid back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 19:00

nav buds that must be a good number and im glad you put it out there. before this ive seen a few of these things and here'd about a few others some trying the request for tax relief. in every instance deemed tax was charged and no request for tax relief was accepted. in two cases I know of went to cort to fight deemed tax and failed. you were the first persone ive ever hered of not to be charged deemed tax and mine the first to be successful with the tax relief request in regards to deemed tax. so im not really sure anyone will escape deemed tax unless they do something about it.

just my opinion

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:50

I am just worried that the CRA told me not to say anything , then I give the number, and I know only those two other guys who used the mp and that number and weren't charged. I don't think anyone should be charged but fairness has never been a high point with this government

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:47

bigrex wrote:Pippernavy, I wouldn't be upset with your accountant. CRA has lost almost everyone's 1198 form, on first application, regardless if it was in the same envelope or sent registered mail separately. So it is pretty safe to say that the error was on CRA's end and not your accountants.

Thanks bigrex your probably right .. CRA playing the blame game
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:41

Navrat, I am not asking for anyone"s Identity, I am simply asking for members to share in their results, no Identity required.

Minister or not, we all deserve the same entitlement, and or benefit, with, or without the minister.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:38

well I have not got anything back from my tax return but I did get a letter back from my request for tax relief from the " INTEREST PORTION OF THE QRLSP CALCULATIONS" and it was accepted. so you can notionally include me as 2.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:33

I wasn't charged deemed taxes and as much as I would like to help , I will not reveal my identy , I have too much to lose and would never take that chance. When you call that number I provided they can help but if you mention another taxpayer they will never comment because of the privacy issue. I know one 3 year guy who wasn't charged and another 16 year guy. This decision , whether fair or not, is solely at the discretion of the minister. This is why it's good to use your member of parliament . If that offends anyone that's just the way it is, I firmly believe sisip ltd and VAC are not are friends and only wish to help when it's in there interest and from what I have read are only too quick to take away benefits or deny benefits, that's why at this stage in my life to expose myself would be foolhardy . I always live by and remember a famous Naval saying "" Don't give up the ship""

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:07

Robbie, yes I was asking about the DEEMED tax, and I really appreciate the info you reported, thanks buddy.
So it looks like another fight is in the works, recover those DEEMED taxes.
Robbie has passed on info here to share important information that will assist us in what to expect when we receive our 1198 calculation sheets.
This leads me to my next question : It would certainly help us all if any members who receive their results, with no DEEMED taxes added, to post it here.
Reason for this is simple, if one is charged DEEMED taxes, all should be charged Deemed taxes.
If it turns out that not all are being charged, this would be good info to add when requesting for tax payer relief.
So far one has sated not being charged, so please post your results here, you would be helping us all by doing so.

Rex, I agree totally of what you have stated, furthermore why does the CRA constantly continue saying that Lump Sum in box 104 means automatic calculation of the 1198.
So even if the 1198 is missing, why not request it, instead of assessing the return, furthermore they get a copy of the 1198, the same time we do.
They must really enjoy doing reassessments.
Furthermore why are some members getting their 1198 calculated on the first shot, while others are not, and have to go through a reassessment.
Something is definitely not right with this picture.  

loggie, I am one Week after you in sending mine in, mine was assessed without the 1198, all my return was in complete order, now I wait just like you.
I am sure if they would have calculated mine back then, I would be done long ago, and I would be submitting my DEEMED tax relief form, if indeed they applied them on my calculations.

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Tue 10 Jun 2014, 16:52

I flied 3rd week of Feb and to date I am told that my return has NOT been processed yet. What the frack??????

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 10 Jun 2014, 16:26

Pippernavy, I wouldn't be upset with your accountant. CRA has lost almost everyone's 1198 form, on first application, regardless if it was in the same envelope or sent registered mail separately. So it is pretty safe to say that the error was on CRA's end and not your accountants.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 65 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 49 ... 65  Next