Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+22
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
26 posters

Page 60 of 65 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 60 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:47

I called CRA again today. Not received. RE-SEND a duplicate copy. My accountant seems to think it was delivered but in a pile somewhere. So to the post office I go tomorrow, copy in hand, $20 for an overnight courier. Only to have two copies in at CRA. It was STRONGLY suggested I pay my balance tomorrow as the penalty is massive. No choice here folks. Feck sakes!
Stressed Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:35

Well put Trooper. I think the CRA has gotten overwhelmed with the paper files and T1198 as you described.

One point not mentioned as yet. When speaking with the accountant firm today about the tax bill et al there are options that are available to people who for whatever reason feel they want to wait to pay the tax amount until the T1198 are completed. A special application is available to send to CRA which would grant someone exemption on paying taxes until the 1198 is done. I decided not to complicate issues submitting one of these but it is an option for those who can not pay their balances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:20

The following info is just info that I have gathered throughout, it is by no means concrete info, I have just learn that nothing is concrete when dealing with our taxes, so take this info, and decide for yourself, what or who you believe, my thoughts only.

When submitting our taxes via paper file, when it reaches it's proper destination, it goes into a pile, while sitting in this pile, no one, and I stress no one from the CRA will be able to confirm that your return has been received.
Once your return is picked up for processing, only then can the CRA confirm that they have received the return.
In other words your return could be in that pile for Months and still not show received from the CRA.
Now if you sent out your return with a tracking number, and the tracking number has confirmed it reached it's destination, that means that your return is there, but has not been picked up for processing yet.
Now if you sent out your return via regular post, the only way you will know if it reached it's destination is when the CRA picks it up for processing.

T1198, I am beginning to think that with the large number of members sending in this form, it is throwing the CRA off guard.
The T1198 should be automatic, there should be no excuse for screw up's, with the large number of forms coming in from Manulife to them, all processing centers should have been given a heads up, and instructions should have followed suit.
Now if you are lucky enough to get a processing agent that's on the ball, well then your alright, you have been looked after.
If you get bypassed like I did, well then, you have to restart all over again, meaning another 4 to 6 Weeks if your lucky.
To find out if they used your T1198, well if your assessment has not changed, and there is no mention of the T 1198 in your assessment, and a CRA agent cannot confirm to you that it has been used, you have been bypassed.
You will have to take action to fix this.

Paying your taxes by the deadline, I have paid mine, I am not going to take any chances on this one, the heartbleed means absolutely nothing to me, after my experience with my return, I do not trust the system.
In making my decision I also looked at the fine print, and the fine print say's pay by the deadline PERIOD.
If I was to pay late, and have interest placed upon me, which I may add is huge, I don't have the time to fight it, and to be honest I really don't want to fight it, as I have enough on my plate as it is.
That is just me, not meant to encourage others to do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:07

Well my land force friend, I think I will take your advise cause my ship has a list now and risk of sinking.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:54

When in doubt shovel out and hopefully you get the backfill otherwise your going to dig a deeper hole and ain't no amount of water going to keep you afloat, 3 CRA gents told me on three separate occasions pay now do not wait until April 30th , now May 04 so I get scared I pay , again that's me

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:51

Thanks Teen, I agree that McInness/Cooper have not done us great service in the follow up and making sure what the court decisions have been are understandable without us having to hire another lawyer to decipher.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:35

That's just it RCN no matter how much I dig at CRA I can't get a straight answer!

I have had too many conflicting info from CRA agents and all I really took away from it is this...pay what you owe and it will be sorted out when CRA process' your tax return.

Like I have said before get rid of the headache and worry. If you have the funds pay it before May 5 and put it in the rear view mirror. If the T-1198 works in your favour you get your money back or some of it.

But yeah what a legal team! We get an email from them telling us we are dividing up $35 million, well $35 million minus legal fees, but make it so damn cryptic I think even some lawyers or legal aid people are scratching their heads!

HEY MCINNESS COOPER TRANSLATE THE AGREEMENT TO BLUE COLLAR ENGLISH/FRENCH!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:32

Teen I will do that as well then. I will pick up the duplicate tax return tomorrow from accountant and hold off one more week and check again with CRA before sending it. This Heartbleed virus has given me heartburn!

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:29

Accountant just finished it and sending to me so I can sign and file.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:24

RCN , how long has your return been submitted?

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:18

Well this is just all to fricking confusing, my accountant (CGA) indicated that the $32K+ that is determined by his completion and claiming everything in 2013 does not have to be paid until CRA confirm if the 1198 is better for me is as far as taxes. Why can we not get something confirmed and in writing from CRA to what is the actual process. Why pay them $32K only to have the 1198 and DTC figured in and the amount reduced or eliminated. Not rockafella here and do not have that kind of money to tie up for great periods of time waiting for CRA. Total chaos, nut to mention utter BS. Owe I love our lawyers, owe I love our high paid legal team!
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 17:24

teen yes that only makes sense as it would be a little difficult to do your taxes on the 4th and submit them on the 5th how would you know what to pay on the 30th.

happy cinco de mayo

enjoy a tax borito

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 28 Apr 2014, 16:50

Actually Digger the payment date is extended to May 5. Had that verified by two CRA agents last week.

I too was told to re-submit but I'm holding that off. Last thing I want is a mix up with two returns.

It seems to be a standard answer from CRA agents....re-submit. I was told as your paper file is delivered to the office it's at the bottom of the pile that is growing because of the Heartbleed virus. So maybe wait until mid May before re-submitting. That's my plan of action.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 16:37

Navrat wrote:I've been told not to pay but I guess it won't hurt. The deadline has been extended to 5 of May so as long as you make the payment via online banking that day, which will give a date and record of payment your ok wait until the very last minute to pay, there is still 8 more days that your return could be processed

Navrat, please be careful as the extension of May 5th is only for filing tax returns and not for paying taxes owed. Two different issues in CRA eyes as taxes owed are to be paid no later than April 30th. Of course not withstanding whether you decide to due to the T1198.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014, 16:23

Spoke to CRA today. Now past 6 week mark and no evidence on CRA system that my paper filed tax return ever arrived at destination St. Johns. Now I am told I have to send a duplicate copy of tax return.  I should have mailed myself instead of letting the accountant firm do it. Going to cost me more from accountant to do this tomorrow and then send via Canada Post with signature. I was told that it is a tough call whether to pay my 15k owing on taxes if I think the T1198 is going to help with that. What an ordeal but Trooper is correct, CRA and accounting firm state that any amount owing is due April 30 regardless of Notice of Assessment or T1198. I was also told that any overpayment would get interest on it from CRA. So best to pay it out and hope for the best. Also, the tax payer relief will take up to 7 months to process either way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 65 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 65  Next