Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Departmental Action Plans and Progress Reports - Veteran affairs

Go down

Departmental Action Plans and Progress Reports - Veteran affairs Empty Re: Departmental Action Plans and Progress Reports - Veteran affairs

Post by cosmo12 Fri 30 May 2014, 07:08

Hi Digger, not a problem I came across this about DVA so I thaught to share it. Me too I like the new setting hope they will develop it as to help us get info. have a great day Digger.

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Departmental Action Plans and Progress Reports - Veteran affairs Empty Re: Departmental Action Plans and Progress Reports - Veteran affairs

Post by Guest Thu 29 May 2014, 19:44

Hi Cosmo, the DVA website was updated as of this morning. I was trying to log on to the online DVA site and it was "under maintenance" then around 11 am today I was able to log and it was a completely new screen and access. I must admit I like this DVA system better then the previous one.
Thanks for your post Cosmo.

Back to top Go down

Departmental Action Plans and Progress Reports - Veteran affairs Empty Departmental Action Plans and Progress Reports - Veteran affairs

Post by cosmo12 Thu 29 May 2014, 19:16

In Response to 2013 Fall Report of the Auditor General of Canada,

Chapter 2 – Access to Online Services

2.45 Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, Veterans Affairs Canada and Industry Canada each develop their own integrated strategies and plans for the online delivery of services to Canadians that are cost effective and Client Focused.

Response and Action Plan

Agreed.

VAC will continue to employ the best tools and technologies available to serve Veterans. The end goal will be an efficient, intelligent, paperless system that provides Veterans with a full range of 24/7 services online.

VAC will build on its existing online functionality to create a more comprehensive and user-friendly online service offering for Veterans.

These changes will allow Veterans and others the Department serves to:

·         access personalized information about VAC benefits and services on-line;

·         apply online for a full range of VAC benefits using an intuitive, interactive application process tailored to a Veteran’s individual circumstances which will remove the requirement for the Veteran to complete multiple applications as the system would complete them on his or her behalf;

·         verify the status of their application at any time and be alerted when the status of their application changes or additional information is required;

·         communicate with the Department electronically through secure electronic messaging;

·         message, check availability of, and book appointments with their VAC case manager;

·         update address, direct deposit information, dependent information, and military service status; and

·         sign up for electronic communication and manage their own documents online, organizing information in a way that makes sense to them.  

These steps will be taken as an integral part of Veterans Affairs Canada’s Departmental Transformation activities and will be completed in the 2015/2016 fiscal year. Throughout this process, Veterans Affairs will collaborate with other departments, such as Service Canada, and will stay abreast of broader government initiatives, ensuring a consistent approach.

Recommendation

2.65 Taking into consideration the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat’s Guide to costing, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, the Canada Revenue Agency, Veterans Affairs Canada, and Industry Canada should develop and use a standard methodology to identify and report on the costs of their delivery channels to support decision making.

Response and Action Plan

Agreed.

VAC will work with Treasury Board Secretariat and other partners to develop and apply a consistent methodology to identify and report on the cost of the electronic, in-person and telephone delivery channels so that it can assess the efficiency of online service delivery.

VAC will examine costing practices in both government and private sectors with the objective of developing and implementing a costing strategy that is consistent with industry and government practices.

VAC will determine, in coordination with partners, which cost elements are attributable to each of the service channels as well as common methodologies to accurately measure and forecast these costs.

These changes and costing models will be developed and implemented by the end of the 2015/2016 fiscal year.

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down