Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has the legion been politically compromised??

Go down

Has the legion been politically compromised?? Empty Has the legion been politically compromised??

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jul 2014, 15:27

They the legion have recently stated that they have officially changed the definition of veteran to include the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Police services (who had served with the RCMP on Mission).  The following I posted on my Facebook wall "RCMP Are Veterans) in regards to Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Fantino and his meeting with New Brunswick officials as well as the New Brunswick head of the Royal Canadian Legion.  The legion was in a great position to practice what it has announced but failed to mention those now they claim to accept as veterans.  Is this new definition of veteran including the RCMP and Police Services just a move to get new membership? I find it somewhat hypocritical to include the RCMP as veterans and not speak about the shortchanging RCMP veterans have long since been exposed by the powers to be.  An example of who this Harper game is played is the continued denial of the VIP program to the RCMP vets who need it badly. Do they like the military not have the right to live with dignity in their homes as long as possible??? The reason is very simple why the VIP program has been asked for in vain and for a very long time, its because the word Veteran is in Veterans Independence Program which has been around since 1982.  Its the V word again the Harper Government does not want associated to the RCMP.  This was my response to the meeting with Fantino and the head of the New Brunswick Legion.  It really is coming from the heart.

“Our government is committed to supporting Canada’s Veterans as they transition to civilian life when their time in uniform is complete. Meeting face-to-face with Veterans and stakeholders is essential to ensuring that we are on the right track with the changes we are making to our programs and services.”
The Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs

“Today’s meeting is another step in the right direction, as it is essential that we continue to dialogue on how best to support our men and women when their military service to this country comes to an end.”
Harold Harper, Provincial President, Royal Canadian Legion New Brunswick Command

Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Harold Harper Provincial President, Royal Canadian Legion.  THE RCMP ALONG WITH POLICE SERVICES OFFICERS WHO SERVED OVER SEAS HAVE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY THE LEGION AS VETERANS WITH THE MILITARY.  WHY IS THERE  NO ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY FANTINO THAT THE RCMP ARE VETERANS AS THE LEGION HAS DONE AND WHY HAS THE LEGION PRESIDENT FOR NEWBRUNSWICK WHO MUST NOT HAVE FORGOTTEN THE RECENT CHANGE OF THE DEFINITION OF A VETERAN NOT SPEAK UP FOR US!!!! I AM REALLY STARTING TO HAVE ENOUGH OF BEING LEFT IN THE BASEMENT. THIS IS NOTHING BUT AN INSULT TO ALL RCMP OFFICERS, NORTH WEST MOUNTED POLICE  AND ROYAL NORTH WEST MOUNTED POLICE WHO SERVED BLED AND DIED FOR THIS COUNTRY IN IT PAST WARS AND CONFLICTS. THIS IS A DISGRACE AND IS REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!

WHO IS A VETERAN MR. FANTINO! AN RCMP VETERAN WHO WENT TO THE FUNERAL OF THE 3 OFFICERS KILLED IN MONCTON HAD DUTY RELATED PTSD WENT HOME AND COMMITTED SUIICIDE. WHO IS A VETERAN? MEANWILE  FANTINO AND HIS  BOSS HARPER CONTINUES TO IGNOR THE RCMP AND THE SUCIDES WITHIN THE RCMP VETERANS AND WITHIN THE RCMP.

I AM VERY DISAPOINTED WITH THE LEGION.  WAS THE ADDITION OF THE RCMP AND POLICER SERVICES (who served overseas) JUST FOR MEMBERSHIP PURPOSES VIA  LIP SERVICE? PLEASE EXPLAIN.

I WILL MAKE THIS CLEAR ONCE AGAIN THE RCMP AND POLICE SERVICES WHO WORKED VERY CLOSELY WITH THE CANADIAN MILIARY POLICE (WHICH THE ROYAL NORTH WEST MOUNTED POLICE CREATED IN 1917) AND AFGHAN NATION POLICE DID NOT FIGHT THE WAR THE CANADIAN MILITARY DID AND BRILIANTLY BUT WE BLOODY  WELL SUPPORTED IT AND OUTSIDE THE WIRE DURING THE COMBAT MISSION. PLEASE SEE THE CAF COMBAT PHOTOGRAPHER PHOTO'S ON TMY WALL.

A FRIEND OF MINE LEFT PART OF HIS LEG IN KABUL AFHGANISTAN IN 2010 BECAUSE OF A SUICIDE BOMBER.  HIS BLOOD AND THE 3 RCMP OFFICERS KILLED IN MONCTON DON'T COUNT.  NOT RED ENOUGH MR. FANTINO. I WANT THE LEGION TO GET OFF ITS HANDS AND PRACTICE WHAT IT PREACHES.

I NEED THE SUPPORT OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS FROM THE MILITARY VETERANS COMMUNITY INCLUDING MIKE BLAIS FROM THE CANADIAN VETERANS ADVOCACY WHO PROMISED ME HE WOULD SUPPRORT THE RCMP AS VETERANS WHEN I MET HIM AT ROCK THE HILL 2014, AS WELL AS ALL RCMP VETERANS OUT THERE TO TAKE A STAND!!!  

WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BEING SECOND CLASS VETERANS SWEPT UNDER THE RUG OF HISTORY AND IN THE MINDS OF THE CANADIAN PEOPLE. ENOUGH AND LET ALL THOSE WHO BELONG TO THE LEGION REMIND THE LEGION OF THEIR RESONSIBILITY.  I WILL NOT JOIN A LEGION UNTIL THEY WALK THE WALK ON THIS ONE

AS FOR FANTINO THE ELECTION IS COMING AS WELL ALONG WITH HIS FELLOW CLOWNS IN THE REFORM PARTY. ITS NOT THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY THEY THE REFORM PARTH HIGH JACKED THE NAME AND PURGED THE REAL CONSERVATIVES. ENOUGH!!!

ERIC REBIERE (FORMER CST. RCMP 37515 LSGC AND MILITARY VETERAN)

Back to top Go down