Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myth Busting Veterans Access to New Veterans Charter Lifetime Monthly Benefits

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Myth Busting Veterans Access to New Veterans Charter Lifetime Monthly Benefits Empty Re: Myth Busting Veterans Access to New Veterans Charter Lifetime Monthly Benefits

Post by bigrex Thu 21 Aug 2014, 21:21

Maybe it was the way I said it. If only 5-10 out of every 1000 get ongoing support, then they are the exception, not the rule. But the way Fantino says it, the public is led to believe that every disabled Veteran is getting, or eligible to get these benefits, but we all know that is not true.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Myth Busting Veterans Access to New Veterans Charter Lifetime Monthly Benefits Empty Re: Myth Busting Veterans Access to New Veterans Charter Lifetime Monthly Benefits

Post by pinger Thu 21 Aug 2014, 20:48

Gotta disagree Bigrex,

You say "I would say that stating that there is no financial support beyond the lump sum, is far from a myth for the vast majority of disabled Veterans."
Oh there's definitely financial support, and/or benefits available beyond a lump sum buy out. But NOT to any vast majority Rex, rather a minority.
Maybe I misunderstood. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Aug 2014, 16:49

Last edited by trooper on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 17:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted in the wrong thread/ move to another thread.)

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Aug 2014, 23:29

Well, one set of numbers that would really help illustrate our cause, would be the number of Veterans who have been given a lump sum award since 2006, compared to the number of those same Veterans getting long term financial support in the form of Extended ELB or the PIA. I do not count temporary ELB, because the Veteran is attending school, and that will eventually end. We can sort of guess, from the chart the OVO provided, that states that there are 80000+ veterans eligible for benefits under the NVC. So I would say that the number of Veterans getting PIA, not the supp, just PIA, is most likely the closest to the actual number. Like the saying, all thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs. If your getting EELB, you're more than likely getting PIA, but just because you get PIA, doesn't mean you will be getting EELB. The same goes for the PIA(S). So if the OVO's numbers are correct, and that as of March 2014, there were only 1647 Veterans getting PIA, out of a possible 80500, I would say that stating that there is no financial support beyond the lump sum, is far from a myth for the vast majority of disabled Veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 20 Aug 2014, 22:10

Quite a bit of interesting reading under OVO in the last few days. As well as other media...
Teen reflected Guy's thoughts somewhere here. GOC / VAC could throw millions at us for their... purposes.
But how do we get access to it? Enter the gatekeeper with full stops...
i.e.  $10,000.00 DOLLARS!!!   but only to 4 vets.

Methinks OVO has been showing GOC the error of their ways for some time now. But when was the last time they legislated into law any recommendation? From anyone? The supplement 2011, not sure. Tell me. GREAT! But where's the access to it hmm? full dead stop.

The bloody audacity of  someone or more up there, they need a very hard slap in the face and eat a big slice of humble pie damn it!
They can shyte through the eye of a needle? They need to have their noses rubbed in it very well! Easier said than done I guess...
Think my BP just went back down... and I don't even have a problem with it. Sorry for ranting. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 19:32

Right you are propat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 19:30

Ok Teen,

Thanks for the reply, and explanation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 19:28

knowledge is power boys flat out. read it all read it ten times . then find something else to read .

the only bad day is a day you learn nothing.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 20 Aug 2014, 18:58

Well Trooper CSAT has a "Topic" hierarchy and Latest News is just news. So as much as I would like to accommodate your request it would be too much work to put the news in the appropriate Topic. This would frustrate some readers who just want the news and not have to go all over CSAT to find it.

VVi also has a database (11 years and counting of news) and it would make my job easier putting the articles in the database.

If you take a look at the layout of VVi you can click on what you want to read and also a link to the CSAT Forum. I know you just have this bookmarked but I can't suggest enough that you go to VVi first take a quick scroll on the Latest News then go to CSAT.

One of VVi's functions is to inform veterans of all issues, not just the ones that affect them, so that when they have to face VAC, VRAB they are prepared. As we all know the worst veteran VAC/VRAB faces is an educated veteran.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 18:06

Ok Navrat,

read it in the Latest news section.

Take note of the words used, it's words like those that will be used in the defending of the NVC
when it is heard in the courts.

Teen,

just a question for you, is there a particular reason why the Latest news section, is not available for viewing in this forum section ?

No big deal, the reason for asking is that a lot of members have this forum in their Bookmark,
resulting in not being able to view it, and making for double post at times,
as I read some of your post suggesting members check the Latest news,
as what was posted, was already posted in the Latest news section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 17:22

Just read a Halifax news paper online and Fantino wants to bust the myths about us veterans, lol, he and his government think we're all millionaires , this will not end until the Cons are flushed! It was a letter Fantino wrote to the paper today

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 16:17

Good job pinger,

that right there is what it's all about, communicating to get answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 19 Aug 2014, 18:12

Just finished drafting a letter to Guy to give him my angle a-forementioned. pertinent to his blog. Along with doc's for his perview.
Will mail it at crack of dawn. Call it a perspective of ammo/info... to support OVO. My intuition tells me he has integrity, not a johnny-come-lately.
Now I am thinking of BPA. They really did help me but a very long time ago. Where are they now? They sure have been off the flippin' radar.
What happened to them? Are they extinct? Curious, really haven't heard great reviews for BPA for a while... anywhere. Oh well, frack it.
Guy and OVO are sincere. He has my utmost respect, period. I will bend hell in half if that department ever gets shyte-canned. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 19 Aug 2014, 17:02

Well said Trooper.

I have been told by the OVO that more blogs are coming.

So "Stay tuned"...
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:49

I am going to make a few comments with respect to these recent blogs that were written by our Ombudsman,
and also the responses that followed.

We must consider a few things about the purpose of why the Ombudsman has wrote these blogs.

First off we should commend him for his effort in writing these blogs,
as he is raising some good points, and he has explain things in a way that perhaps was not fully explained in the past.
We should also acknowledge that his intention here is to bring to light problems within the NVC that affects disable Veterans.
So I would point this out, in my view, we are extremely lucky to have him as our Ombudsman,
he is doing his job, and he is doing it extremely well.

As far as members responding to what he has wrote,
even though it may come across as and attack on him, of what his has wrote,
and I can relate to why one could see it that way,
I can assure you that is not the case.
Do we disagree with certain points of what he has wrote, absolutely,
however that does not discount our appreciation of him, and the dedication he has showed towards us.
I can say that the responses are just a way of being able to show our points of view,
it is simply just members discussing the issues amongst ourselves, as we see them.
So no disrespect towards the Ombudsman, I hope he continues the excellent work that he has been doing.
And I also hope that he continues to hear what us Veterans have to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum