Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government response to the Standing Committee on VA Report - Moving foward

4 posters

Go down

Government response to the Standing Committee on VA Report - Moving foward Empty Government response to the Standing Committee on VA Report - Moving foward

Post by cosmo12 Sun 21 Sep 2014, 19:34

Good night all;

The Government has until Sept 29th to deliver his response to the latest report on improving the NVC. Gouvernment all summer, reviewed and analyzed this report adding to that the latest OVO report on PIA and PIA sup. NOW more then ever the gouvernment has all reports and info to improve the NVC.

Us Veterans we want to believe, we want to trust.............

We will see this week if they really care...............

Good night

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Government response to the Standing Committee on VA Report - Moving foward Empty Re: Government response to the Standing Committee on VA Report - Moving foward

Post by bigrex Tue 30 Sep 2014, 13:09

Well, it is now the 30, and no response from the government, not one that is public anyways. To me, that doesn't bode well for any off the recommendations to be accepted. Fantino will probably say that they will increase the information budget even further, just so that every veteran out there can find out about the programs that are available, but not be entitled to.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Government response to the Standing Committee on VA Report - Moving foward Empty Re: Government response to the Standing Committee on VA Report - Moving foward

Post by Teentitan Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:11

Word is Fantino will respond before Friday 3 October. So it's drop the bomb on Friday and get out of dodge!! LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 30 Sep 2014, 17:02

That seems to be their way doesn't it. It's not like they haven't had several months to make their decisions and prepare the official response, but releasing it on a Friday, instead of the Monday, gives them a few days to figure out how to pin it, before facing the first Question Period.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 02 Oct 2014, 13:37

Well, just another BS response from Fantino. Any recommendation that would actually benefit veterans, by actually improving benefits, "requires further study". Why bother having this report done? The NVC has been studied to death. So if they continue to "study" these recommendations, while still putting forward a surplus budget, as expected, id o not think they will be able to spin their way out of it before the election in the spring. I know one thing though, if they start issuing a second cheque, along with the disability award, then they better be prepared to issue them to everyone since 2006, or they'll be facing yet another class action.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 14:22

Rex,

I do believe going forward with respect to obtaining and or improving benefits to Veterans in this Country, will not be coming from any government, but will come from the courts of Canada.

It is becoming clearer by the day, that fighting the government is getting us nowhere, in fact, one just has to read between the lines to acknowledge this.

Personally, I think we would be better off, asking once, and once only, if it turns out to be same negative response, take it to the courts.

Actually, the time it takes for us to fight the government, only to be shot down once again, the court timeline may not be to far off from fighting the government, and the courts can read between the lines, sad, but this may be the way of the future.

Of course, as always, Just My Opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 02 Oct 2014, 14:34

The biggest insult is that VAC didn't even bother putting out a News Release!

A source who does not want to be revealed? WTF!! This screams "float a balloon up and see what comes back"

Promises to study and get the CRA to do an actuarial? WTF!!! Didn't our Ombudsman do one of those and proved over 400 vets at 65 will be living below the poverty level?

Speculating a $70K top-up for seriously injured vets? WTF!!! Sorry this one is a CLUSTERF**K in the making!! This is a string's attached payment because of the Equitas lawsuit. I'll shoot that balloon down!

Including GoC obligation in the preamble of the NVC? WTF! As this is going to make the Equitas lawsuit go away. In 2006 when they were ramming the NVC through the HoC they skipped the proof reader stage of passing the bill.

As a person who testified to the Standing Committee I wanted to show how vets are being disrespected and not taken care of. My testimony was not meant to be a campaign platform for the Cons!!!

I will say it again this is a total slap in the face insult from VAC to all veterans!! For Shame Prime Minister...For Shame!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Sun 05 Oct 2014, 13:45

Two of the hardest things to swallow following combat disability;

First, is the new standard of compensation. This standard can and will likely be reduced further without legal action. Pensions to sum payments. Sum payments to LTD. LTD to allowances only. Since Reserve Forces are granted a fraction of Regular Force personnel disability financial programs, I would suggest replacing all full time staffing, including JTF and CSOR with Reserve staff.

Second, is that the outcome of legal action will without a doubt change the governments stance on disabilty and compensation for the Canadian Armed Forces. This one will only leave a bitter sweet taste in the hearts and minds of affected soldiers. And this one hurts on a deep subconscious level regardless of outcome.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down