Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CVA gutted Good or Bad

+2
bigrex
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CVA gutted Good or Bad Empty Re: CVA gutted Good or Bad

Post by prawnstar Mon 19 Jan 2015, 12:48

Hey Pinger I like your train of thought. The way I see it, no matter who is running what, the GOC is still in charge and if they don't tow the party line they are shown the door.The RCL would work as a strong voice for us but a bunch of flat faced civies dressed up in their blues and greys will not represent our best interests as has been evident in the past. If we could unite under one banner our voices would be heard loud and clear. All these little empires that have been built up under different names are no where near as effective as one totally united voice. I think whoever is in power would have no choice but to listen. I know this has been hashed over many times but it reminds of a public service meeting where good ideas are talked about and never implemented.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 17 Jan 2015, 21:07

RR... CVA and Mike being productive? Effectively, yes, loud and clear.

Re: Some other posts, let me run something by you all.

3 area's: RCL, VRAB, and the MVA. Having a new VA
minister who actually served as opposed the last pr disaster who wasn't is
... nice. Time will tell and it's been ticking in their think-tank already.

Scenario: What if... all the above 3 area's/departments were all filled by veterans?
I know, it's nuts . BUT, mva and the vrab would still have their "strings attached"
to the GoC (yank-yank). And the RCL as a politically correct puppy would follow
the same said string.

There could be/are some really nice people in the above, but if they come to
grips with goc, their turnover will be high to save their sincere integrity if they ever
had any to start with.

The RCL? Nice people I guess, Good and bad everywhere. But it ain't my fleet club.

Fairest winds, pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015, 17:33

meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015, 17:27

We are learning early on of what we as Veterans can expect from our new MVA in the day's and Weeks ahead.
This new MVA did not waste much time in showing the Country that he has replaced Fantino, and he will be following Fantino's footsteps in the latest action he has just taken.
This action is the same action Fantino was hoping for.
It is a direct attack against Veterans period - they can say what they want - it is and attack that some might call, freedom of speech of those Veterans who are standing " FOR VETERANS AND VETERANS FAMILIES "

What the government is missing here in taken this step to disallow these groups to continue being a stakeholder adviser to Veterans Affairs - or even in telling the group to restructure its group- same thing - is simply picking and choosing who can speak on behalf of Veterans, and what they are missing is that our Veterans groups have some credible and very able individuals who can always relay their support to Veterans in a public venue, be it as part of a group, or not.

In short the only thing thing the government has achieved here, is affirming the public that they continue to follow the path of being in the business of fighting Veterans, instead of supporting them, and or help them.

They now have told Mr. Neville, a man with a big heart towards Veterans, that he can no longer represent Veterans in the board of appeals.

It is this type of measures that reinforces what has been said against the government in how they are looking after our Veterans.

What is the next step for Veterans, as it seems every time we turn our heads, we are hit by another blow from the government.

What will it take for the government to start listening, and hearing what the Veterans are saying ?

I really don't know, but one thought that would certainly raise the bar for us is to have several different Law suits brought forward by Veterans all around the same time, going into and election this would be a nightmare for this government - actually I am a bit surprised that Law firms across the Country have not jumped onto this.

Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 22:45

correction to my last it was 48 cases yup 48-for 48 .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 13 Jan 2015, 19:19

birdgunner - great points. Mike and the CVA, and all of us will not be silenced. As for the RCL, I belonged to it for one year, until I chucked my blue uniform in the garbage. I will relate a story that happend too several Vets in Charlottetown that soured us from the RCL. Three or 4 years ago now I supported a comrade on a hunger strike in front of the puzzle palace called DVA.
 The little Vandoo and myself and several others where there for 14 days. We had alot of support from several Vet organizations across the country. Some coming from other provinces to support. The RCL which is 2 blocks away, never once made a statement to support our cause, or send a rep over to check in on a starving Vet. So much for supporting your comrades. Their time has come and gone. It's a little late now to mend fences. Just my rant for today.
 We have made a button to wear here on the Island. Its now being spread around.
It says

I'm a Veteran
     H____
   Hates Me

Over and Out
VVV..
Johnny211
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 17:50

just seen a story about a vets advocate that was banned by VRAB from representing client's .

they said he was incompetent and only doing it for the money.

he never asked for anything and when offered only accepted a can of Pepsi . im not talking about a tractor trailer load ore even a case noooooo just one fracking can.

as for incompetence he took 27 cases for vets to VRAB and won ALL 27 yup every fracking case he took on for vets he won.

THATS INCOMPETENCE???????

WOW

ROTTEN FRACKERS

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:58

The Harper Government has once again shown that Veterans issues are secondary. Another attempt from this government to muzzle or push aside those individuals who don't play the game according to their rules.
Just look at the recent individuals or organizations that have been excluded: environmentalists, scientists, veterans groups, the CRA attack on groups that provide factual information, etc.

What the government doesn't expect is a pushback, which I am sure is coming soon. An upset Veteran with time to spend on fighting the injustices will be a benefit for all Veterans.

So Mike is a loud presenter of the truth. This is a departure from the talking heads I see in the media that don't want to rock the boat and go about their agenda in a quiet manner then wait for any positive outcome only to once again be disappointed at the response. Veterans need people like Mike to stir the pot.

OP- when I decided to commit(team leader-Selkirk) to the Canadian Veterans National Day of Protest 2010, 2011, I joined the CVA and Mike was instrumental in getting the mission started, gave all those involved the necessary tools and information to present Veterans issues in public so we were all on the same page and let the Canadian public know what Veterans were facing: The lump-sum, VA pension/SISIP clawback, reduction of pension at 65, Agent Orange/PTSD, etc. The issues were presented and this benefited all of us.

The CVA pushed hard for a ONE VETERAN. ONE STANDARD. Simple request to this day that has yet to fulfilled.

Where I stand about the RCL was discussed in another thread. All I will add is why is a civilian the head of Dominion Command/President?

http://www.legion.ca/executive/tom-eagles/

Over the past few years I have seen many Veterans groups start up and to me the CVA was instrumental in getting the message out to the public and getting issues discussed that would otherwise be left in the dark, which is exactly where the government would like it to be. This government once again proves that if an issue is to put them in a negative light they well do everything to muzzle those, who in their eyes, are dangerous to their own interests. Votes is all they are concerned with and they will go to severe lengths to squash those who are damaging their image either by muzzling, firing or dismissing the issues by spreading false information. This is why we need more individuals like Mike. Factual information is a damage to them.

I grew up being taught to defend those that can't defend themselves, this was a motive to join the forces and a reason why I joined the CVA to push back at the bullies on the playground, in this case the current government.

Once that bully has taken away our freedom to defend ourselves by making us stand in the corner is a day that I do not want to see...and at this rate it's only a matter of time when all of us will be standing in the corner.
birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://jets.nhl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 08:42

WELL SAID BROTHER exactly, nailed it and that is why I cannot join a civilian organization (Legion) as I would not be able to represent the issues of today because the issues of yesteryear are still ongoing and quite disturbing to say the least. This snowball effect has to change and I fear it will only get better if the GOC can finally come to any agreement regarding the Pension Conditions at 65. Until then we all will fill in the role of those poor buggers in there now. Damn shameful how any veteran is treated in this country period

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 13 Jan 2015, 07:17

The major problem with the "traditional" veteran groups, is the vast majority of their membership, are not even affected by the NVC. They are older Korea and cold war Veterans, and if they are disabled, have likely been collecting PA pension for decades. So they, through their membership, do not have a vested interest in eliminating, or even changing the NVC, and therefor focus on other issues that may be actually affecting their organizations, such as office closures.

I know that if I got into my car, and dropped into my local legion, I would feel so out of place, not only as the youngest person in the building, but because the majority of the members have never even worn a uniform (other than a blue blazer). It's bad enough that I get the stink eye from seniors when I park in a handicap parking spot, even after pulling out my walker, so I don't need the same reaction when I want to go out socializing.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 06:16

you got that right I aint going anywhere CSAT, like I always said Vets Helping Vets. Guess I got more writing to do troops, hoorah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 21:20

oh Robbie if it was only that simple. take the legion for instance . say your piece and you will be heard but no one will really listen . and if you do it on remembrance day even if your a padre you may find yourself ostracised ya see they only want to listen to politicians not vets.

keep on keeping on brother the world will turn and it will change .

this to shall pass.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 Jan 2015, 19:40

Well there is more "traditional" veteran organizations then one may think
ANAVETS
WAR AMPS
CPVA
NATO
UN PEACEKEEPERS

Well Robbie the plan right now is what Sparrow said...keep helping each other here on CSAT. So anyone who gets information that will help each other lets post it here.

How else are the traditional veteran organziations going to get their info if we stop doing what we have been doing here for the last 10 years. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 18:13

So I gather from the witch hunt the only voice to be heard would be those Veteran MC and the Legion, holy FACK guess its time to be heard in other venues. Sad day for Veterans across this country period, now we have a shroom. Mushrooms once more completely nonsense. What are your plans Ron?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 17:45

nav I said it before and ill say it again most  politicians only care about money and votes witch are mutually inclusive . ie; votes equals money ; money equals votes.

so in fact they do care . about what??? see above.

that's it that's all .

ya really want change ya find a way to take away these two things from that party and/or hand these things to another party.

you have that you can teach this old party how to role over , beg and yes even PLAY DEAD .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next