Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB 120 day Deadline for application?

3 posters

Go down

ELB 120 day Deadline for application? Empty Re: ELB 120 day Deadline for application?

Post by EZRider Wed 28 Jan 2015, 23:12

Thanks all, I also received ELB and the benefits of Voc Rehab well over 2yrs after release, so unless a policy has changed recently I am hopeful this can be sorted out. An appt has been made with VAC as well as her former Case Manager. Will follow up on the results.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

ELB 120 day Deadline for application? Empty Re: ELB 120 day Deadline for application?

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 21:01

Same, spouse released 2006 applied 2014.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 20:58

yup same here release 08 and applied for ELB I think it was 2013.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 28 Jan 2015, 20:35

Well, I can attest that ELB can be applied for well beyond 120 days. I released in 2006, but didn't apply for and get on ELB until 2012.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Wed 28 Jan 2015, 17:41

Thanks Johnny, I wasn't aware of one either, but this is probably something new and agreed, worth fighting for.

I will have her contact her case manager and see if there is someone on her side to help her.

Regards,

EZ

EZRider
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 17:26

Hi EZrider. When I applied thru my case manager for Voc Rehab, I got a mitt load of forms to fill out. The ELB was one of those forms. I was not aware there was a deadline, as I was just told to fill everything out. But my case mgr then was awesome. I learned now , 2 years later that I could have filled out the PIA form also at that time. I would say this one is worth fighting, but who knows with the puzzle palace,,
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

ELB 120 day Deadline for application? Empty ELB 120 day Deadline for application?

Post by EZRider Wed 28 Jan 2015, 15:46

Hi guys/gals...

My Wife miscalculated the deadline to apply for ELB/Voc Rehab benefits, missing the deadline by 19 days.  She was informed by VAC there was no option for an extension, If there's one thing I've learned about VAC is not to take their word as gospel.  

Anyone know if there are circumstances that allow for a grace period?  Any help appreciated as she is quite upset about this.

Regards,

EZ

EZRider
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down