Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC application

+3
pinger
johnny211
Newfie
7 posters

Go down

DEC application Empty Re: DEC application

Post by SaintJohn18182 Fri 22 Dec 2017, 18:23

Hi Newfie,
I'm in the exact same boat as you right now..
Applying for my DEC, my family doctor couldn't care less about my mental health, I've been seeing a psychologist for every 2 weeks for the last year. They know my mental health more than anyone possibly can.

Case manager sent paperwork to the psychologist and thats where I'm at right now.. apparently a psychologist can fill out the DEC form as they can fill anything else out like medical claims and etc.

It'd be a waste of time for VAC to try to get anything from my Doctor or Psychiatrist.
Doctor I see once a year, Psychiatrist I just see when I need med refills.

Hopefully this all goes well, I'm just expecting to be denied.
Good luck to you and let me know how everything goes, as I said.. I'm in the exact same boat.

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:54

I would not do that Newfie. Anything they can find to delay or reject your application they will use it. Your shrink talks about head stuff and your Doc talks about medications, physical effects etc. Remember VAC is like reading the charter rights to someone under arrest. Anything you say can be taken down turned around and used against you.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Tue 05 Dec 2017, 14:00

Spoke with CM and my Psychologist can complete my DEC forms 😏 thanks for your help

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sun 03 Dec 2017, 23:18

i know people that got approved with in days and others that took months keep on them i also had both docs say same things and as soon as you get a dec decision ask for supplement i think you must wait until you get dec before they will go for supplement stay on top of them and if you get the phone tag bs just ask for the on duty cm and get your answers you need

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sun 03 Dec 2017, 19:05

I just had my psych do up an assessment. Pretty much said I’m not gonna be working, and I’m learning to live like that. Never use my family doc for anything

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 03 Dec 2017, 15:38

Hiya Newfie,

I have gone through most of what your up against.
JMO but I would not go the telephone tag/msg route... that would just drive me nuts.

A Psychologist and a Physician? Like Johnny said, get them to concur, agree, and compliment each other for your benefit.
On that slant, remember to include ANY additional medical supporting reports/documents you have with the application(s).
Staple EVERYTHING together so VaC doesn't lose something  Rolling Eyes

And no need to be jack the rabbit, because for all the time and effort take your time to do it right.
Lord knows VaC will take their sweet time.

Take care Newfie.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 03 Dec 2017, 14:44

Hi Newf. Went thru my Dec a couple of yrs ago. I find it’s all about Key words with Vac. I had my pscy assessment, where she stated that I could no longer work. I then took it to my family dr. Pretty good guy, who I had seen for a few yrs. I showed him the assessment, and told him to write this line” I concur with his pscy assessment, and it is my diagnosis that John cannot work indefinitely. You need to stick to your guns, and ensure the words give them no leeway. Hope this helps.
Johnny Out..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

DEC application Empty DEC application

Post by Newfie Sun 03 Dec 2017, 11:27

I have initiated DEC with my case manager so I can apply for CIA supplement. I received the forms and they need to be signed of by my Physician. Now comes the wrench in the mix.  I have been seeing a Psychologist for years.  CM not returning my calls as CM is out of office and when speaking to VAC they tell me I need to speak with an intake worker who transfers me to my CM line to leave a msg.  Can my Psychologist complete and sign the forms instead of my Physician who only knows of my PTSD and not my history?  Another Anxiety month compliments of VAC

Last edited by Newfie on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 11:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down