Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government of Canada committed to improving services and supports for Canada's Veterans

4 posters

Go down

Government of Canada committed to improving services and supports for Canada's Veterans Empty Government of Canada committed to improving services and supports for Canada's Veterans

Post by cosmo12 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 20:05

Winnipeg – The Honourable Erin O’Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs, will highlight the Government of Canada’s commitment to improving services benefitting Veterans and their families.

Date:Thursday, March 19, 2015Time:9:00 a.m. CT

*Note: In order to access the base, media must RSVP to Captain Bettina McCulloch-Drake at 204-833-2500 local 6499, no later than 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 18.

Media are asked to arrive no later than 8:15 a.m. at the 17 Wing Fitness and Recreation Centre located at 680 Wihuri Road, off Whytewold Road. Parking is available at the building. A bus will transport all media representatives at 8:30 a.m. sharp to the announcement site. (Transport will be available back to the parking lot at the conclusion of the event.)

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Government of Canada committed to improving services and supports for Canada's Veterans Empty Re: Government of Canada committed to improving services and supports for Canada's Veterans

Post by 6608 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:41

Looks like he just went over the past announcements..........

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=952799

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Government of Canada committed to improving services and supports for Canada's Veterans Empty Re: Government of Canada committed to improving services and supports for Canada's Veterans

Post by cosmo12 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 11:16

Is this the end of the serie of annoucements ?

Where is ELB and disability awards

c.

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 19 Mar 2015, 12:53

I feared that this was just going to be the Tories patting themselves on the back. The word "highlight" is what worried me. They seem to be very good at these self grandiose demonstrations, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more money spent on new commercials to "let Veterans know about these new programs, and how much the CPC supports disabled Veterans" in the next few months. But if this truly marks the end of improvements, then they have truly fallen short, of what they were asked to do by the Veterans Affairs committee.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:42

there is more to come bigrex not sure about anything implemented prior to the election but if im reading the playbook correctly they are still missing that big juicy carrot they need to dangle as a post election promise. unless of cores the poles swing to the point they think its not required .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 18:06

The large amounts of these latest announcements, and they were a lot, I think signals just how serious the government is in doing an about face on how they handle the Veteran file, as long as this continues, I will be happy with that.

With respect to more announcements, I am very optimistic, that there's more to come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 19:15

well a guess a lot is a matter of opinion 2,3 or 4 might be a lot to some 12,13,14 might be a lot to others and maybe even more for others . to me substantive action is all that matters to me.

that's right actual actions that will bring positive change for the majority of disabled vets .

announcements ,promises and words really don't mean a lot to me. as we have seen before announcements can turn into a pile of crap in a big hurry .

cant wait to read these pieces of legislation.

END THE BUYOUT NOW!!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Fri 20 Mar 2015, 19:33

CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired Sat 21 Mar 2015, 11:44

Settle the current lawsuit and give these soldiers peace.

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down