Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government of Canada to announce new supports and services for Veterans and their families

4 posters

Go down

Government of Canada to announce new supports and services for Veterans and their families Empty Re: Government of Canada to announce new supports and services for Veterans and their families

Post by bigrex Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:08

I have to wonder if they are just making it easier to get, or are they going to review review how the level of PIA is assessed? It will be good that more vets can get PIA, but it will only be a half measure if the vast majority continue to receive the lowest possible amount.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Government of Canada to announce new supports and services for Veterans and their families Empty Re: Government of Canada to announce new supports and services for Veterans and their families

Post by Dannypaj Tue 17 Mar 2015, 08:36

Thanks propat! Just the support from the Veterans on this site is helping! I thought that there was only a handful of us that were having a hard time with VAC, but from what I read there are a lot of men and women that are as baffled with VAC as I am.
Wait and see, and your right I will have to go through that wait again. Wait for the brown envelope in the mail and hope that it is not going to be the one that the only word you see is DENIED. That word hurts! Medically released and financially disadvantaged from the moment I stepped out into civilian world. I just hope they do make the changes, my family and I need the peace of mind. My wife is at her wits end and it is taking all I have in me to keep it together.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 08:17

well danny I guess you will have to wait till they actually make the changes and then re-apply .

it sucks you gotta go through this again but it seems you have a good CM so that should make things easier.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 17 Mar 2015, 07:30

Here we go again! I was told to apply for the PIA by my CM when they lowered the restrictions the first time. I was denied, I requested an appeal and that was denied. Now what! I am tired of the head games. My injuries never went away. They are permanent, now they are going to lower the restriction again. Do I reapply? wait for someone at VAC to look at my file?.......................anyway best of luck! Imagine having to wish everyone luck in dealing with VAC. PLEASE MAKE TODAYS MESSAGE CLEAR MINISTER OTOOLE.....I don't want to ruminate and wait...........for what! to be DENIED, DENIED, DENIED.
WE HAVE YOUR SIX, remember!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired Tue 17 Mar 2015, 02:44

As luck would have it I am in Vancouver with no plans, anyone know if the announcement is a closed event?

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 22:17

Beer and rum ration? Cuba trip covered under VIP? New fedora hat every two years no receipt required!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 22:07

guess maybe a caregiver allowance and easing restrictions on the PIA and supplement.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 21:47

Thanks 6608 ~ looking forward to hearing what our MVA is going to announce tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Government of Canada to announce new supports and services for Veterans and their families Empty Government of Canada to announce new supports and services for Veterans and their families

Post by 6608 Mon 16 Mar 2015, 19:51

Well here is the next  scheduled announcement its in Vancouver at 1pm on the 17th

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=950789

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum