Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A young man or women asked you about joining the Canadian Armed Forces what would your response be.

5 posters

Go down

A young man or women asked you about joining the Canadian Armed Forces what would your response be. Empty Re: A young man or women asked you about joining the Canadian Armed Forces what would your response be.

Post by Dannypaj Fri 24 Apr 2015, 06:14

How do I sign up to be a politician?  I am too honest and have a conscious, unlike the current  almighties in Ottawa.  
The old boys and girls club in Ottawa do not want someone like me in parliament's, because I would call them out on all their BS.
And there is so much BS in the Parliaments right now........................well you know where I am going with this.  BRING a BACK Hoe. Time to clear house.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

A young man or women asked you about joining the Canadian Armed Forces what would your response be. Empty Re: A young man or women asked you about joining the Canadian Armed Forces what would your response be.

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 23 Apr 2015, 21:19

I had a long schpeel typed out...just couldn't post it. Two of my three went to school. At least they had a chance. Now I feel like a common beggar, trying to prove this or that, only to get some scraps. Even sisip is geared to income. In the eighties we could barely make rent on our pay, never mind live. Good topic.
Cynical Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 16:24

redfisher,, Lol, that was bang on,, so true on putting your hand up in the senate..lol..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 23 Apr 2015, 16:09

Tx for that redfisher, lmao. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Thu 23 Apr 2015, 15:16

Well if it was just join the CF, I would be all for them joining as it was the best thing I ever did. The places we have all seen. The friends we have met. And yes even some of the shit we have had to endure which will be with us forever. The CF for most of my life was not the dragon. It was the treatment after that I would worn them of. The fact that, in my ignorance I believed I would be looked after by the GOC and VAC, and was not. That's what I would prepare them for. Being medically released was something I excepted after I was broken. But the lack of concern and care afterwards. That's what I would harp on.
Cheers

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Apr 2015, 14:37

Young man, don't join the CF! Instead get elected, do your minimum time and get great benefits. And if you don't like the benefits just change the rules and get more! If you need a raise give yourself one! Give yourself a really good spending budget so you don't have to use your own money on everyday stuff. If you want to go on vacation just take the company jet and call it a business trip.

If you don't like toeing the party line then jump ship to the other side. You will still get paid but you really won't have a job anymore. All you have to do is, well, whatever you want to. Go fishing, take a cruise, sit in parliment if you are really bored and need a couple extra bucks. Put your hand up once in a while to show everyone you are still alive then go back to your nap.

The only drawback to becoming a politician is......well you won't be asked to at the pointy end of the stick when the shit hits the fan. Because, my friend, you are the leader.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 23:13

I would not even tell a young person to join the air force, when your in the shit your in the shit and vac is shit no mater what trade your injured in. It is just a bad system and yes it is time for a union for soldiers they need something to protect them.we all know the lying stealing bastards in ottawa wont,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 18:16

I just tel them to join the air force, stay the hell out of combat trades, and oh ya, do not be stupid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 17:04

It's not worth the 40 thousand a year to start not at all. It's not worth 80000 a year. Unionize the armed forces like in Europe because at the end of the day when your beat up begging the VAC for pennies come back here and tell us '""""""There's No Life Like It""""""

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 16:30

wildthing - I am with you. I would tell them to go to a trades College. elect, plumber, carpenter, pipefitter, machinist. I did 24 yrs, and have now been in battle with VA, for 15 yrs. I do not know any of us, who come out the other end, and not be physically or mentally busted or both. Like me, I am sure you where all full of piss and vinager at 18-19. I am sure the stuff they see on social media on how those of us who have fought for this country are being treated must weigh on there minds. Or I should hope it is. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 13:32

No subject could be closer to home.
Our eldest son is currently training so he can join the service. He has two college diploma's under his belt but can not find employment in either educated field. So this pulls on the heartstrings and weighs on the mind because of what I know and what I lived through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 08:56

That is correct! Wild man! Why would anyone want to join such a dysfunctional organization, in our time the pay was shute but there was pride and we honestly believed they'd take care of us. Today if you get injured , it's the boot and the Price is Right! Pick an envelope , CIB , RISB, PIA, EIA, AA, PA EELB, that have a spot for you. Apply apply all you want but it's a blindfolded MVA who puts his hand into the hat to pull the lucky envelope

Back to top Go down

A young man or women asked you about joining the Canadian Armed Forces what would your response be. Empty A young man or women asked you about joining the Canadian Armed Forces what would your response be.

Post by Ex Member Tue 21 Apr 2015, 08:39

I would tell them to go to trade school at least if you get injured on the job you get workers comp and time to heal. With the military you are not guaranteed to have security if injured and medically released.  NO SECURITY SERVING THIS COUNTRY!!! SO RUN YOUNG PERSON RUN LIKE HELL BACK TO SCHOOL!!!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down