Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIA

+23
RCN-Retired
cosmo12
czerv
prawnstar
BinRat
K9
Nemo
Pipes
Kramer
rucksack031
Mike77
Rifleman
johnny211
Wife of a Veteran
Teentitan
Dannypaj
Sapper Zodiak
ceedee
1993firebird
pinger
bigrex
rigger/fitter
27 posters

Page 3 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

Go down

PIA - Page 3 Empty Re: PIA

Post by 6608 Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:49

Bigrex, the base rank of ELB will be changed through the regulations (same as last time) as for the new disability award rate table it is included in bill C-15 from what i see all of bill C-12 is in bill C-15.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 04 Aug 2016, 10:19

I understand that the core promises were approved as part of the budget, to set the money aside for the changes, but the actual budget bill was very low on details, and didn't include things like the base rank of the ELB, or the actual new rate table. for the disability award. So therefore bill C-12 should still need to go through the parliamentary process.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 03 Aug 2016, 23:29

Bigrex, the bill has already received royal assent in June on the 22nd what the Libs did was include all of C-12 in bill C-15 the budget implementation bill.............so the proposed veteran changes didn’t get the normal ACVA questioning and was deferred to the finance and defence committees for questioning.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8196581

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 03 Aug 2016, 21:10

Johnny, I think those are just wild rumours, that came out of the lack of details we have been given. I think something like that would have had to be included in the legislation, because you would need to change the schedule that lists the PIA rates. The PIA changes do not come into force until Apr 2017, but what worries me, is that the legislation supposedly coming into force before October, when the first changes take place, hasn't even been discussed at committee yet. And they are on summer break until Sept 19th, leaving them exactly 10 working days to debate it at committee, have a second reading in the HoC, a debate in the HoC, a vote, and receive royal assent. I know they have a majority, but I just can't see them increasing the ELB on time.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 03 Aug 2016, 20:16

bigrex , good pt, who knows. Today a bunch of us Vets where having coffee and yacking dva crap. One guy said he heard that the PIA change too two levels will be deleting level 2, and those in 2 will go to 1, and that way 90% of those who are on level 3 will stay there, which will be then be level 2. And only a small % that are now level 1 will stay there.
Then another guy said they where deleting level 3 and all those would move to 2. But I really can't see that, as it would be a crap load of money. But who knows? Has anyone heard another rumor on how the levels will fall? That is also supposed to happen Oct 1.. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 03 Aug 2016, 12:53

Yes, you need the TPI determination to qualify for extended ELB until 65, and the PIA supplement. And it's better to do it now, because once the PIA and TPI changes take affect next year, only god knows how difficult it will be to get approved.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 03 Aug 2016, 00:15

OK thanks. I sent out a note to my cm at VAC after hearing "chatter" about this problem of paperwork. I didn't know I still had to do an assessment, after securing the PIA part. No worries here, just a little confusion. Hoping to hear from my cm soon.
Thanks gang for the replies.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Tue 02 Aug 2016, 23:36

Sapper, Veterans Affairs are suppose to set up an assessment time for you to be completed by your doctor and a place of there choosing at a physiotherapist office. Call them to arrange this. Once your doctor completes his part it is then sent in for evaluation. This is what I had to do.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 16:24

@ Sapper

When I was released I had no family doctor as he had retired. I went to a walk in clinic and explained to the GP that I was a veteran and I needed his assistance on an on going basis. He accepted me as a new patient on the spot.

Maybe you could employ the same strategy. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 02 Aug 2016, 13:52

I'm sorry to hear that Sapper. The only thing I can think of, is if there are any walk in clinics near where you live. It isn't ideal, but someone there may be willing to assist you. I would love it if VAC would put the word out with the medical field, asking any Doctor, who is willing to specifically assist Veterans with paperwork and referrals, to contact them. Then they can create a database of these names, so that if a Veteran calls them, saying that they do not have a Doctor to fill out required paperwork for benefits, they can direct them to one in their area. Even if they had to travel a few hours away, to get that assistance, it would be worth it.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 02 Aug 2016, 13:13

Happy for you Bigrex. I have had some victories this year and got my PIA completed. My GP has retired and I now only have a Nurse Practitioner, who cannot fill out forms. I have had my TPI paperwork sitting at the doctors for months with nothing happening on it. Does anyone know how to get the TPI completed without a doctor? I have no friggin idear. Please let me know. Thanks.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Jul 2016, 16:57

OK. That is what was unclear. Sometimes benefits are paid in advance, while others are paid for the previous month. But since my increase was approved at the end of last month, June 27th, the "adjustment" payment should have only been for 4 months, Mar-June, and then simply apply the increase for the July PIA payment as nornal. But by paying the July increase amount a month in advance, it only created confusion, when I looked at my bank account this morning. Even if the paperwork had been clearer, like saying that the payment at the end of August, would reflect the new rate, instead of just saying the payment for August, it would have removed any doubts.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2016, 10:47

Rex if I read what you wrote correctly they already paid you for July therefore your PIA increase would not show in this end July pay.

Your PIA increase should show in your end August pay and each Month thereafter.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Jul 2016, 10:36

Does anyone know how the PIA is paid? Do they pay it in advance, ie, does the payment received today would cover for August, or is it for July? The reason I am asking, is I received a payment for my increase that said it covers March 01 -31 July for $2900+ before taxes, so 5 full months. But when they deposited my benefits this morning, my PIA had not been increased.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Jul 2016, 22:35

Thanks everyone, and I'm thankful for all the support I've gotten. Johnny, it was a review, because when they changed the criteria last year, to include ADL's, it listed that taking inordinate amount of time to stand up and move from point A to b, is level two. Well since VAC has paid for a lift chair, due to the difficulties that I have at standing up due to my knees, and they've also paid for my mobility scooter AND my walker, it would have been really hard for them to deny the reassessment, but not impossible.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum: