Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIA

+23
RCN-Retired
cosmo12
czerv
prawnstar
BinRat
K9
Nemo
Pipes
Kramer
rucksack031
Mike77
Rifleman
johnny211
Wife of a Veteran
Teentitan
Dannypaj
Sapper Zodiak
ceedee
1993firebird
pinger
bigrex
rigger/fitter
27 posters

Page 48 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48

Go down

PIA - Page 48 Empty Re: PIA

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 16:52

Please explain the process as you go through it to us so we know what to expect when we apply. i have to wait for sisip appeal first and va injury claims.

Back to top Go down

PIA - Page 48 Empty PIA

Post by 1993firebird Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:32

I am applying for the PIA.

Razz

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 26 Mar 2015, 20:52

Tx for the O/T details Rex, It's those physical tests and reports I never had, that denied my pia.

Rigger, I may be on the flipside of your coin. I am tpi, eelb, and old pa plus nvc but no pia.
Never heard of tpi being revoked and having to go back to voc. rehab. to get it back.

Only thing I can recall is if someone had oldtime pa disability pension at say 100 %, were suddenly  miraculously cured and reported it. VAC could lower the 100% as they deem TOD appropriate but only if they were less than 55 years old (stabilized). 

I really wish I could get miraculously cured... don't we all?  pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 26 Mar 2015, 16:38

Rigger, What you are talking about is a functionally assessment by an OT. They will look at you hand eye coordination, strength, lifting pushing and pushing weight limitations, as well as mobility. They will report to VAC if there are any occupations that you can still work in, and any other kinds of limitations. When I did mine, they said that I could only work for 2 hours/week, so they gave me the EELB. As far as it not being permanent, nothing is with VAC. You will be required to have medical questionnaires completed every few years, and as long as those accurately record your disabilities, the benefit will not be taken away.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 13:58

not sure what to say buds I didn't have to do a 2 day assessment not even sure what that would be . I know guys got flagged after a tour for PTSD and had to do one but that was within the military.

I did have to apply for the rehab program but was only granted the rehab part as the voc rehab part of the rehab program would have been useless to me.

I really didn't know TPI (totally and PERMANENTLY impaired ) was not permanent.

I have the supplement and never had a problem that's all I can tell you wish I had more for ya.

hope this helps a little.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by rigger/fitter Thu 26 Mar 2015, 13:30

Good folks of this form,i need your input about the voc/rehab program which i have to apply for in order to get TPI,so i can apply for the pia supplement.
My % level is 121,i will never hold a job again(ptsd/pain/meds)you get the picture.They told me i would have to go through a 2 day assessment? and if i get the tpi,its not a permanent designation and can be removed.My worry is this gives the c/m too much control over my file,if the rules change or get interpreted wrongly by them i will end up on the losing side if they remove the tpi again and cancel the pia supplement.
Is there anyone that gets the supplement have any words of wisdom?

thanks

rigger/fitter
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rigger/fitter Sat 07 Mar 2015, 10:36

update....

i have been successful in getting the pia #2,but denied the supplement because i am not declared TPI by vac,so now i have to go back on a rehab plan and see if i can get tpi again, had it once, but they removed me from the list when the program ended.

paperwork paperwork is never ending

rigger/fitter
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

PIA - Page 48 Empty PIA AND PIA SUPPLEMENT

Post by rigger/fitter Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:39

HI  again folks
 Well i finally decided to apply for the pia review and the pia supplement after watching the then mouth piece o'toole(now vac minister) say on tv that the govt has made it more of a process then a application because they are suppose to have all the paperwork necessary to approve.I just had the meeting with the CM and she wants to send it up the chain to decide,i now get pia grade 3 like most who have applied.
 Now the waiting game begins.

"Please mr vac minister can i please have some more gruel(thats how i feel when i have to beg for a benefit from them)

rigger/fitter
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum