Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIA

+23
RCN-Retired
cosmo12
czerv
prawnstar
BinRat
K9
Nemo
Pipes
Kramer
rucksack031
Mike77
Rifleman
johnny211
Wife of a Veteran
Teentitan
Dannypaj
Sapper Zodiak
ceedee
1993firebird
pinger
bigrex
rigger/fitter
27 posters

Page 21 of 48 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34 ... 48  Next

Go down

PIA - Page 21 Empty Re: PIA

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 19:38

Well one of the promises made by the Liberals includes to Expand access to the Permanent Impairment Allowance.

Will see to what extent they Expand the access.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 25 Feb 2016, 17:08

Here's a crazy and polite thought. To any anonymous moderator who is a current & old hat cm or better.
Clarify the quandaries...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 25 Feb 2016, 16:29

JMO but I feel the process has been fractured for years. Half the time I can't comprehend it.
Who can? Pretty short list amongst us...  lol!

So anyhow, nowadays... How in blazes does a still serving member in the CAF get PIA or any disability acknowledgement short of getting 3b'd to begin with? Guess there is a rhyme or reason to that one. Different situations, respectfully. Best I can figure DND is retaining or turfing quotas as per GoC priorities on that count.

Back to PIA alphabets. On one hand all of our stuff could be so simple and straight forward to reflect the TOD's.
But how can anyone or VAC measure physical pain, mental pain, or emotional pain?

We all have our own yardsticks, my 10 could be....
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 25 Feb 2016, 16:11

I believe TPI is decided when on the rehabilitation program for which receiving ELB is based on. PIA does not use TPI as a deciding factor as PIA is based on severe and permanent conditions and receiving a disability pension or disability award. I mentioned to my VAC case manager that it makes no sense to have to get PIA to get the PIA Supplement because if you are TPI then you meet the requirement to get the supplement , which I am TPI , but if your condition is not severe and permanent enough you can not get the PIA. Here is how I explained it. TPI stands for TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY INCAPACITATED and PIA stands for PERMANENT INCAPACITY ALLOWANCE. So I asked what is the difference between PERMANENTLY INCAPACITATED and PERMANENT INCAPACITY. Also TOTALLY to me means SEVERE. TPI and PIA sound the same to me.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 25 Feb 2016, 15:29

I think any veteran who is deemed 100 percent disabled should automatically be deemed TPI and then automatically be given PIA and PIA supplement this would solve a lot of problems veteran are facing with all the different paperwork we have to get sorted out if this was implemented say at even the lowest level of PIA at least the veteran would have a income coming in of some sort and not have to wait for months/years to have financial support to survive but again this is just my opinion

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 15:13

rucksack031 - All great pts. This whole PIA/PIAS process has to be revamped. I really does not make alot of sense. I also have heard there are still serving members getting PIA. I only hope the ELB too 90% will be announced on March 22nd. This will help alot of Vets. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 25 Feb 2016, 15:03

This makes too much sense therefore it cannot be changed.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 15:00

I just read the recent post ref OVO, particular the part on PIA. Now we all know that powers to be write legislation to confuse and at times make it impossible for Veterans to get benefits .

So IMO the PIA can be reworded , first reverse the order of requirement, that being said there for, If one receives a TPI decision one should then be given the PIA-Supplement first. Think about it that's why on there definition one got the TPI in the first place, cannot and will not be suitable for gain full employment. 2 then apply the level of PIA based on the severity of impairment. JMO this make sense to me, there for if they want to make it easier for a Veteran to qualify, this is a easy fix. Just think they have it back words, and that's obvious in the way it is written. Hope this make sense.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 14:12

Yes I do get both the PIA and SUP firebird. You are correct in saying, one does not need to be TPI to get PIA. But this is where it doesn't make sense one can be determined TPI and not get PIA and if one does not get PIA then one cannot receive PIA-sup, this is where one wonders why give one the TPI status only to deny , it a head shaker.

The PIA amount is based on the extent of the Veterans permanent and severe impairment.

THE PIA-SUPPLEMENT is based on whether the Veteran is Totally and permanently incapacitated to the extent that prevents the Veteran from performing any occupation that would be considered to be suitable gain full employment.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 25 Feb 2016, 14:04

TPI is more for ELB.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:54

I am TPI and I was denied PIA and therefore could not get the PIA supplement even though TPI gets you the PIA Supplement as you can not get the supplement if you do not get PIA.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:52

rucksack031 you do not have to be TPI to get PIA. That is for the PIA Supplement.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:49

do you get the supplement as well?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:48

Thanks Trooper , you just saved me about a hour, of trying to type. Prawnstar, that's should be the new bench mark for all vets 100+ hell we deserve it.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:28

Good news. I had no idea. I am TPI and get PIA so I hope I live till I'm 100.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 48 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 34 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum